Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

elperello wrote: »
    If is the key word here.

You might be on to something if he was, then again maybe he wasn't.

Doesn't matter if he was or he wasn't.

He has damaged his position by being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It's on Mary Wilson later.

Why cant they get a thorough interviewer like Sean O Rourke to do this interview?
    It would be right up his street.

jacool wrote: »
    Like the stolen dogs, vetted.

What is the stolen dogs business?

Has Hogan a history of illicit dog handling?

Edgware wrote: »
    Why cant they get a thorough interviewer like Sean O Rourke to do this interview?
    It would be right up his street.

Ouch!!

It's on Mary Wilson later.

The story on Drivetime now is better than the Hogan one

I've never heard of Fore or the Seven Wonders .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

What is the stolen dogs business?

Has Hogan a history of illicit dog handling?
    No, apologies. Someone earlier said that it would take dog stealing (the "in" crime of the moment) to get him arrested.

Back to the real Phil Hogan.
    Was he allowed overnight in Kildare before flying to the continent, when Kildare was in lockdown?
    Irrespective of where precisely he laid his head, and its exclusivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Needhome

They ALL need to resign,nothing but corrupt idiots that DO NOT represent the people of this country.
    People seems to forget though,we are their boss,were suppose to tell them what to do,not the other way around.

Say goodbye to your rights everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The Belly wrote: »
    Be very surprised it its live if it was it would be a car crash interview

Done via Facetime on his phone as he drives to Mount Juliet, getting waved through several Garda checkpoints as he goes

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Done via Facetime on his phone as he drives to Mount Juliet, getting waved through several Garda checkpoints as he goes

In Telsa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Mary Wilson has just hung him.

Her programme called the Hse helpline and it says people returning from a non green list country must quarantine for 14 days regardless of a clear test taken in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

HSE helpline states that Phil broke the rules. He must restrict his movements for the full 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Really struggling to be outraged by it all. Media are loving it though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Always a bit odd he only revealed the news of the negative test now. Like he always knew it didnt end his restricted movement period but he'd lob it in anyway and pretend he was under the impression all along it did, such an easy mistake to make etc. Think that might be the line he'll pursue later.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

blackwhite wrote: »
    They aren't actually.

We've a farcical situation where they are requested to restrict their movements for 14 days - but the only actual requirement is to fill in a Passenger Locator form, and to update the form if anything changes within the 14 days.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/74440-travelling-to-ireland-from-a-country-that-is-on-the-covid-19-travel-advice-list/

The international travel guidelines have been an area that's been badly handled from day 1.

So still, the advice cited by Hogan relating to symptomatic people self-isolating (which means locking yourself in a room and having contact with nobody), is utterly irrelevant to his ignoring the request to restrict his movements for 14 days.

Whether a request or a requirement there's no getting away from it - he did not comply with the rules on restricting his movements upon returning from a non green list country. And, even worse, instead of honorably admitting the error of his ways he continues to hunt out loopholes and excuses to worm his way out of responsibility. Says a lot about the character of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

AdamD wrote: »

You're "really" struggling to understand why people in a country that has been in covid lockdown for the better part of a year and have had their movements severely curtailed might be angry at a guy who was too arrogant to give a fuck and trotted around the place on the way to a hob nob golf do?

Really. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Always a bit odd he only revealed the news of the negative test now. Like he always knew it didnt end his restricted movement period but he'd lob it in anyway and pretend he was under the impression all along it did, such an easy mistake to make etc. Think that might be the line he'll pursue later.

He'll continue to shift the blame, "the instructions weren't clear...", "the information was misleading....", "everyone was wrong but me..." etc

His arrogance is really shocking. He's just spoke to the FT.
    He's clear his Boss is Ursula not MM or Leo.
    https://twitter.com/DarrenEuronews/status/1298288758203256837?s=19

https://twitter.com/DarrenEuronews/status/1298288964365934592?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Balagan1

He's back in Brussels. Keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

He'll continue to shift the blame, "the instructions weren't clear...", "the information was misleading....", "everyone was wrong but me..." etc

I do not recall will probably come out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tony EH wrote: »
    You're "really" struggling to understand why people in a country that has been in covid lockdown for the better part of a year and have had their movements severely curtailed might be angry at a guy who was too arrogant to give a fuck and trotted around the place on the way to a hob nob golf do?

Really. :/

No I said I'm struggling to be outraged, didn't comment on anyone else. Does seem like a bit of a witchhunt, has taken the spotlight off the other 80 quite nicely.

Looks like he'll be the only one to actually lose their job over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Moat people are breaking the rules...but only whe it suits them.

The media love it and Mary Wilson makes a career on RTE out of sneering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Belly wrote: »
    I do not recall will probably come out
    'To the best of my recollection' and 'I have no recollection of the event in question' are two handy ones to have in the politicians toolbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    HSE helpline states that Phil broke the rules. He must restrict his movements for the full 14 days.

I was wondering why he used the link from CitizensAdvice and not a HSE link.

Chancer.

He must have a team of EU bureaucrats covering his tracks.

Mary Wilson has just hung him.

Her programme called the Hse helpline and it says people returning from a non green list country must quarantine for 14 days regardless of a clear test taken in the meantime.

What are the chances that Tony Connelly took time out from tweeting to find that out before he interviewed P Hogan?

Balagan1 wrote: »
    What are the chances that Tony Connelly took time out from tweeting to find that out before he interviewed P Hogan?

It might be coordinated

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The Brexit thing is such a load of nonsense. Hogan needs to go.

Hogan isn't our saviour in trade talks.

No I said I'm struggling to be outraged, didn't comment on anyone else. Does seem like a bit of a witchhunt, has taken the spotlight off the other 80 quite nicely.

You serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Struggling to be "outraged" then. It doesn't even make you the slightest bit angry?

Others have resigned over it BTW.

And while I might agree that the light is being shone firmly on Hogan, that's entirely his own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

A few questions for Phil.

The restrictions state that only a wedding event allows for up to 50 people including staff. Were you at a wedding in Clifden?

Do you know the difference between the Number 6 and Number 81?

Did the FF event have more than 6 people?

Did any of the tables have more than 6 people?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0818/1159878-virus-press-conference/
    Indoor events will be reduced from 50 people to just 6 people

Indoor weddings and some religious services, such as mass, are exempt from the new restrictions, meaning they can still take place with up to 50 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

This sh1thead has to go.

Think of all the people who missed out on properly saying goodbye to their loved ones at funerals because of the restrictions.

Or the myriad other sacrifices people made.

If nothing else, if he doesn't go, it will seriously scupper people's compliance now if the government don't get a handle on it.

This fella thinking the rules don't apply to him, not apologising until forced to, looking for every loophole in the book and straight out lying about his movements.

Can't believe this sh1thead isn't gone already.

That Judge should be gone as well. He has no excuse.

Advertisement