Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Phoebas wrote: »
    Maybe, but they can't expect citizens to look stuff up from one government source and then make a phone call to another government source to double check it.

Agree its absolutely daft to be honest they are not aligned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Would you also like to vote for judges, heads of civil service departments, and UN ambassadors?

The president of the Commission is elected in a not dissimilar fashion from our Taoiseach. We can not directly remove cabinet members either it should be pointed out - there is no recall mechanism in the Dáil.

Was our Taoiseach not elected as a TD?

Without question of a doubt some of them named in your list should indeed be looked at more closely on how they got there postition and who they would be accountable to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I have this vision of him trying desperately to hold on to a cushy number and trying every means possible to do so.
    I can accept human frailty and mistakes but arrogance and entitlement get my goat.
    I've never liked this man as a public representative. Something's always been off about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Phoebas wrote: »
    The thing is that it isn't a 'requirement'; it's advise only.
    No doubt that Hogan should have fully followed the advise, but that not going to be enough for uvdl to remove him from office.

I edited that to say "request" just after posting - yes we can get pedantic about request vs requirement. However I can't imagine UVDL will look too kindly on clear advice from the government being clearly flouted by one of her commissioners.

What pisses me off most though is the way he continues to twist and turn and try to worm his way out of responsibility by pointing to guidance completely irrelevant to his situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Interview now on RTE 1.

Interview took place between 5 and 6pm

He's said he put no one at risk because he got tested.

His doctors said he was free to go and he got his info from the Citizen Infirmation website .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

citycentre wrote: »
    I edited that to say "request" just after posting - yes we can get pedantic about request vs requirement. However I can't imagine UVDL will look too kindly on clear advice from the government being clearly flouted by one of her commissioners.

What pisses me off most though is the way he continues to twist and turn and try to worm his way out of responsibility by pointing to guidance completely irrelevant to his situation.

I think he's trying to muddy the waters a bit with that, but I just can't see UVDL sacking him for what may be a breach of advise.

He might be vulnerable if he failed to update his locator form, but only if the state prosecutes him for it.

Body language suggests its all a bit if a laugh. Don't think he is getting the furore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Body language suggests its all a bit if a laugh. Don't think he is getting the furore.

More that he doesn't care but is going through the motions anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

His interview is just sickening. Trying to blame the hotel and others. Disgusting pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭buried

Its a wonder RTE don't have Sean O'Rourke interviewing him. This p!sswallet is going nowhere. The spin is well on truly on to save his fat neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Fair play to Tony Connelly, he's not giving him an easy ride, he has researched the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Because he tested negative Phil feels restriction and regulations don't apply.
    I mean it's not like he could have caught it after leaving the clinic and passed it on to the next county, or caught it there and passed it on to the next county, or caught it there......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

His interview is just sickening. Trying to blame the hotel and others. Disgusting pig.

It's the Citizens Info site's fault now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He's getting a bit annoyed now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nailed

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Of course he had to go hospital.

How else would he get his head out go his arse?

Citizens Information site is his get out. He's passionate about that point.

Pointing fingers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He's blaming all around him, I really hope he gave this spiel to Ursula Von...

A lying b......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

An arrogant interview by Phil Hogan on RTÉ News. Combative and going against the official advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Blaming state agencies and his doctors.

He's incredibly arrogant and he actually finds it all funny. He's grinning his way through this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Tony Connelly giving him a good grilling here

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fair play to Tony Connelly, he's not giving him an easy ride, he has researched the topic.
    He is very factual and not letting him away with any oul rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Big Phil - dig up !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Hee Hee Hee

Phil cant help being Phil.

He is appearing arrogant and elite just when he shouldn't. He is being aggressive towards Tony.

He will be hated even more.

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

"I don't accept that."

Says more than enough. What an awful man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Utter buffoon of a human being. Just resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Blaming state agencies and his doctors.

And now saying he doesn't accept HSE advice. A bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

It's the Citizens Info site's fault now.

Which is funded by the HSE! He is like a broken record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

He's delighted with his "loophole".

It's a good thing he has absolutely zero regard for what the public think of him. Some neck on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Fair play Tony Connelly.
    What an Arse Hogan is "Well I don't accept that"

Advertisement