Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Purgative wrote: »
    Yep and that's the heart of it. Rules are for the worker ants. The Queens do what they like.

Anyway he has to go - look at the head on him.

I did.

It has but me of my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There's a Netflix show in this. Big Phils Big Lockdown Tour.

All expenses paid

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hogan's Magical Mystery Tour

Citizens Information site is his get out. He's passionate about that point.

Pointing fingers now.

He will be blaming us next

• Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a Netflix show in this. Big Phils Big Lockdown Tour.

All it's missing is a love interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,492 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How does he think a negative clears him to flout the self isolation rules when entering country from abroad.

Virus has a long incubation period and can still show negative at the stage he was tested at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The usual govt fanboys gone AWOL during that interview.

McDermotX wrote: »
    He's a fuppin tick

Banking his survival on this, and he's made a balls of it.

I don't think Hogan understands that

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is not quite, but damn close, to Maria Bailey levels of awful. He doesn't know how to dig *up*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm so glad he did the interview.

It shows his pure arrogance.

Bye bye Phil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Roscommon now, ah ffs Phil.

He had a half smirk throughout the interview. Kind of unnerving. I'd say poor Tony Connelly was pinned against the wall after the cameras went off.

That arrogance blinds him though. I think he's oblivious to the situation. He's grinning like it's all a joke and people are stupid to be making asuch a deal of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

All expenses paid
    He has a neck like a FF minister of old

Ten Pin wrote: »
    This is much a 2 fingers to LV and MM as it is to the rest of us.

Do you think so?

He is pure smug - maybe she doesn't have enough to sack him and he knows it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He's not going anywhere, the little people need to suck this up and move on.

Plain people of Ireland: your betters get different treatment to yourselves, it has always been the case and shouldn't come as any great surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Whats Olivia O Lie-ery's take on this? that's what I want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 28,492 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He also trivialised his phone use in the car too. He did not come across well. Seems to think he's above us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

There has to be a kiss and tell in his big tour yet. Stay tuned....

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

You can imagine poor ol Ursula trying to avoid his bad breath while he spins his lies.
    Ouf !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Do you think so?

He is pure smug - maybe she doesn't have enough to sack him and he knows it?

Can she?

Coke and hookers and maybe some guns too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He has a neck like a FF minister of old

Same party. No difference.

Limpy wrote: »
    This will cause plenty of headache for Leo, a FG man blaming everyone but himself. Citizens advice and his doctor are at fault. He did in his fexk read citizen's advice.

Shirley it's the doctors advice that's the only thing that counts here- what he read on Citizens advice site just shows he's trying to fudge the issue, and cover his bases.

I'm guessing here, that he had many "doctors" -i.e. a consultant plus their team of doctors- so which one gave him that advice?

We'll never know. And because they haven't been named, and because client confidentiality comes into play, we're left with his pathetic attempt at deflection here, and the red herring of the citizens advice website.

He knows he did wrong, whether it's the letter or spirit of the law, it doesn't matter. He had no business going to Clifden if based in Kildare- and he knows that. I don't care if he "escaped" before the lockdown- his base in Ireland was Kildare and he was asked not to leave that county for social purposes - but he did. We know he did, because he returned to Kildare for his final night in Ireland. So Kildare was indisputably his key residence while staying in Ireland.

He's not going anywhere, the little people need to suck this up and move on.

Plain people of Ireland: your betters get different treatment to yourselves, it has always been the case and shouldn't come as any great surprise.

Maybe he out of the Commission but already has a new job lined up?

He seems to think he is away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

That arrogance blinds him though. I think he's oblivious to the situation. He's grinning like it's all a joke and people are stupid to be making asuch a deal of it.

Yeah, he always had that arrogance. Think back to his IW implementation days. Same smirk was there, getting a kick out threats to turn people's water down to a trickle. He likes the power he has over people.

It's clearly a gap in information between Citizens information and the HSE.

The HSE advice should take priority. Citizens Information should update their incorrect page ASAP.

Has anyone got a copy of the form that has to be filled out upon entering the country?

I’m sure there is a section on it with helpline number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Tv shows have jumping the shark, was this his prince andrew interview?

murpho999 wrote: »
    He also trivialised his phone use in the car too. He did not come across well. Seems to think he's above us all.

He was laughing at the good of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Does he even care how badly the finger pointing and bullying attitude comes across on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

When not playing golf, or negotiating lobster deals, big Phil enjoys a bit of....

Gosling_20171221-029-Web.jpg

Can someone embed the image properly :(

• Advertisement

I wonder was the hospital appt legit?

He seemed to just show up without being checked before going there.

If he knew he had an appointment why didn't he come come back sooner and quarantine or if it was a sudden complaint he shouldnt have just gone up to the hospital after being abroad.

He went to the hospital although he may have been covid positive.

Advertisement