Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

murpho999 wrote: »
    He also trivialised his phone use in the car too. He did not come across well. Seems to think he's above us all.

He came across as someone beholding to the European Commission, not the Irish Government. He couldn't give two feics what the Irish people think.

I don't think he'll lose his job- he's created doubt when he referenced the "all clear test" - that's all he needed. They'll look at this from a legal rather than moral perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Just saw the clip when he is about to walk into the studio. Tony is waiting for him mask on his face and your man comes in with this arrogant grin, no mask of course. Then he looks at the camera ‘oh manure’ nervously tapping his Armani’s left pocket, hoping some of his aids put a mask in there. What kind of message does this send? Even after his genuine mea culpas, just shows how seriously he takes this and what he thinks about the people of Ireland. Up yours peasants I’m fking untouchable!

Where is the clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

As he Phils in the blanks, could this meal turn out to be his last supper? Or will it all be Irish water under the bridge...... he’s Hogan on for a miracle and only Ursula knows if she’s Leyden him off the hook..,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

elperello wrote: »
    Thanks for the link but does it not refer to arrangements commencing tomorrow August 26th ?

Only that it's changing to an online system. Hogan would have had to fill it in upon arrival and, by his own timeline, should have updated it at least 3 times during the 14 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Still on 6-1, Ciarán Mullooly still doing reports on fishing in the arsehole of the midlands after all these years.

He has the best gig of the lot. Stress free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There's a Netflix show in this. Big Phils Big Lockdown Tour.

An Idiot Abroad has already been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,492 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He said he read on the "Citizen's Advice" website "funded by the HSE" that once you get a negative test result that you do not have to restrict movements. There in black and white he said.

I cannot find that anywhere. Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

eeepaulo wrote: »
    524286.jpg

Thanks, It might be old for some folks to remember but..

Now we just need to remove all the little red road blocks, we don't need them for our game now, they'll only cause us problems we don't need....

I think Phil has used up all his chance cards, but he'll never learn...and keep risking a few more......

But at the end of the day Phil will still win and he has collected the most town cards than anyone, and has a few surplus entry/exit cards as well that hes trying to hide away, so no one can see....

We will probable have to remove the word "strategic" from the game also...and Phil will use his own dice that goes from 6-12 only, while we keep the standard 1-12 version....Clear

He came across as someone beholding to the European Commission, not the Irish Government. He couldn't give two feics what the Irish people think.

I don't think he'll lose his job- he's created doubt when he referenced the "all clear test" - that's all he needed. They'll look at this from a legal rather than moral perspective.

From what I have read the folks in Brussels think he is fr from safe

And that Boss Lady looking for more details could mean that she is looking for enough to sack him and not to clear him

• Advertisement

An Idiot Abroad has already been done.

How about An Eejit At Home ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

From what I have read the folks in Brussels think he is fr from safe

And that Boss Lady looking for more details could mean that she is looking for enough to sack him and not to clear him

Not sure how any of this would be legal grounds for a sacking. Either he resigns or nothing..

He said he read on the "Citizen's Advice" website "funded by the HSE" that once you get a negative test result that you do not have to restrict movements. There in black and white he said.

Is the website even in black & white?

Over to RTÉ plus 1 - I need to watch this shambles again shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

What is going on?

Is this unelected commissioner accountable to absolutely no one.
    Is the Unelected EU President to afraid to do anything.

The sooner they give the EU citzens a vote on the commisoion and its President the sooner we can take these powers away from this unelected selected unaccountable lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Cant see it myself but he's claiming it says you dont have to keep isolating and is insisting thats the same as not restricting movement. So it's not an out for him anyway. There's actually no ambiguity there, as much as he is trying to create it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What a witch hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭castor 1

Phil is out the gap, home and hosed.

He’s thick enough to keep going and he knows it will be old news in a day or two.

The fact he did the interview showed he knows he’s safe.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Alan Kelly would probably apologize to Phil for not getting the water charges through.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What an arrogant , self entitled brazen man Phil Hogan is . That interview was the most insincere I have ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This lad reminds me of Padraic Flynn, his arrogance is phenomenal!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Still on 6-1, Ciarán Mullooly still doing reports on fishing in the arsehole of the midlands after all these years.

He has the best gig of the lot. Stress free.

A segway by RTE from Big Phil in the Midlands to Invasive species in the Midlands.

Same old story.

AdamD wrote: »
    Not sure how any of this would be legal grounds for a sacking. Either he resigns or nothing..

Everyone in Brussels seems to agree he will not resign but Tony Connelly said it is possible to sack him just not very easy with the rules the Commission has

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    What a witch hunt.

You don't think he's questions to answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

So, basically, the problem is that

1) Citizens Info and HSE give out conflicting information.
    2) Michael Martin must have followed the Citizens Info site when he came back from the EU Summit in Brussels as he didn't isolate and claimed to have had a Covid test which was clear.
    3) Hogan's breach is now 1 day by playing golf and staying in Adare.

Have I missed anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

I see the interview has put a line under matters. https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1298317427395239936

He'll hold onto his pension though. In my mind all these guys should have their pensions removed and told to go swing.

ec-president-vdl@ec.europa.eu

That's Hogan's bosses email contact. Let them know how you feel about this. I have emailed them this morning.

To all reading this thread...

If you feel strongly enough about this, keep up the pressure. Especially after that interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

screamer wrote: »
    As he Phils in the blanks, could this meal turn out to be his last supper? Or will it all be Irish water under the bridge...... he’s Hogan on for a miracle and only Ursula knows if she’s Leyden him off the hook..,

Sounds like the end of a Batman episode, I love it, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Will be interesting to see if Heather Humphreys weighs in on this. No Minister stands by while their Department is being attacked.
    He's really put his foot in it with this relentless Maxwell Smart style capitulation.
    Next, it will be the shoeshine boy at the airport who told him to go all in.
    Gobsh1te.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    What a witch hunt.

Hardly.

Advertisement