Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

golfball37 wrote: »
    Big Phil swatted Connolly away like a fly. You can see why he’s an achievemer and hated by the Irish establishment.
    Can we please focus on more deserving targets of wrath from last Wednesday now please?
    The witch hunt against Hogan is to distract and we have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

He did in his hole. He dug his grave . Once Hogan goes they all go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Allinall wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

How do you know he didn’t have hand written notes?

Bag of golf clubs and a bag of johnnys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Go now

• Registered Users Posts: 69,058 ✭✭✭✭L1011

golfball37 wrote: »
    Big Phil swatted Connolly away like a fly. You can see why he’s an achievemer and hated by the Irish establishment.
    Can we please focus on more deserving targets of wrath from last Wednesday now please?
    The witch hunt against Hogan is to distract and we have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

What interview were you listening to then?

Hogan was blaming anyone and anything he could and looping back to the same answers. The sign of someone scrabbling.

Also, the "Irish establishment" appointed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

mick087 wrote: »
    The EU MEPs are accountable to you.

The EU commission and The EU president are both selected and not elected by its citzens making them uaccountable to you.

It doesn't matter. It's still sending out a "I'll do what I want and **** ye plebs" message no matter how anyone tries to spin. He's in a high position and should be leading by example, but by having the gall to not only break restrictions, he's the gall to say he doesn't accept them and is still dug in like a tick

• Advertisement

He got tested on on the 5th Aug and that was negative. So that gave him licence to go galavanting around the country with no regard to the rules and regulations. He could’ve picked up the virus on any of social events he was at between then and Clifden.

One of my neighbours was taken to hospital as he had heart palpitations. This was a couple of months back. He was given a COVID test on admission and another before they released him a couple of days later.

Dunno if anyone else here knows of anyone that’s been in hospital and if they had more than one test too.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

It doesn't matter. It's still sending out a "I'll do what I want and **** ye plebs" message no matter how anyone tries to spin. He's in a high position and should be leading by example, but by having the gall to not only break restrictions, he's the gall to say he doesn't accept them and is still dug in like a tick

Brexit negotiations will be comical when they get serious the UK media will shred him in the news . If he is still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

L1011 wrote: »
    What interview were you listening to then?

Hogan was blaming anyone and anything he could and looping back to the same answers. The sign of someone scrabbling.

Also, the "Irish establishment" appointed him.

I’ve never seen any previous interviews with Phil but this one left me wondering how was he a politician even to begin with. Seemed clueless, struggled to string sentences together in a coherent way. Lacked intelligence and just looked like a fat cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Tis hard to see why some people are sayin hes such an asset to the brexit talks when he can't read small print thats not actually that complicated. heaven knows what he had written on those hand written notes that were so important

I'm afraid you are not reading it correctly. It says people who tested negative in another location.

Phil Hogan did his test in Ireland during his hospital stay.

Seemingly, one of his attributes is that he usually on top of the detail of his brief. He has a degree in Economics and Geography from UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He's some neck on him, and a smirk to go with it.
    Was the medical intervention getting his brass neck polished?

He has a neck like a jockeys bollox

hogan2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭K9

Tis hard to see why some people are sayin hes such an asset to the brexit talks when he can't read small print thats not actually that complicated. heaven knows what he had written on those hand written notes that were so important

Doesn’t say anything about a negative test in Ireland only in another location. Hogan had his test 5 days after arriving in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

jm08 wrote: »
    I'm afraid you are not reading it correctly. It says people who tested negative in another location.

Seemingly, one of his attributes is that he usually on top of the detail of his brief. He has a degree in Economics and Geography from UCC.

The Virus has a 14 day incubation period. You need two clear tests 7 days apart.

He really messed up on Geography in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

One of the hardest things I’ve ever had to type/say.......Pearse Doherty has wiped the floor with Big Phil in his interview.

He has a degree in Economics and Geography from UCC.

:D

He put that degree to good use traipsing round the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

K9 wrote: »
    Doesn’t say anything about a negative test in Ireland only in another location. Hogan had his test 5 days after arriving in Ireland

It's the citizens information website Hogan was referring to, not the HSE website.
    It's very clear about not having to self isolate after a negative test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

They’re lining trickle up for the late late show I’d say.back in 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

I think Hogan is great.I worked in a semi state company full of lads like Hogan. He doesn't give a rats asre about anyone. His lifestyle is chauffeur driven cars, gourmet meals, gob****es pandering to his every need, probably gets his hole whenever he wants. Why give that up. The alternative is Ballyragget on a Sat. night drinking pints and esting a pizza amongg people who cannot stand his fat mutton head. He'll brazen it out to the end, all he needs is another day or two and the frenzy will move on to some other FF gob****e who was caught out at some other form of skullduggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

K9 wrote: »

It also says people with no symptoms so that effectivley means anyone that enters the country from a red list country regardless if you had a test or not.

I don't see anywhere that gives you free reign of travel after having a negative test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

It says if you test negative in another location before coming to Ireland you still need to restrict yourself for 14days. This is to make sure people still isolate and to be clear there are no get out clauses for anyone...

No where does it say anything about a subsequent test in Ireland clearing you.... You cannot just make up your own rules because its not there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Jizique

Phoebas wrote: »
    It's the citizens information website Hogan was referring to, not the HSE website.

Most of the posters here won’t be happy until Nigel Farage is appointee in his place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Yes he does have gall and yes he should lead by example there is not much the EU citizens can do about his unelected postion as commissioner.

The last thing Ireland wants now is irexit but we can try to make some change ie make the commission and the president accountable to its Citizens through a vote making them accountable to the EU citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Archeron wrote: »
    If you stand in front of a mirror and say Phil Hogan three times, he appears behind you.

Ah, now!!!

Stop that kind of thing. I've thrown up in my mouth again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Phoebas wrote: »

It's pretty clearly written on Citizens Information also. Again it doesn't state anywhere that having a negative test suddenly exempts you from the 14 days.

524297.PNG

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/covid19_isolation_and_restricting.html

The Belly wrote: »
    Brexit negotiations will be comical when they get serious the UK media will shred him in the news . If he is still around.

I fear you might be right about that.

One of the hardest things I’ve ever had to type/say.......Pearse Doherty has wiped the floor with Big Phil in his interview.

I agree he was impressive on this issue today very much so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Liamo57 wrote: »
    I think Hogan is great.I worked in a semi state company full of lads like Hogan. He doesn't give a rats asre about anyone. His lifestyle is chauffeur driven cars, gourmet meals, gob****es pandering to his every need, probably gets his hole whenever he wants. Why give that up. The alternative is Ballyragget on a Sat. night drinking pints and esting a pizza amongg people who cannot stand his fat mutton head. He'll brazen it out to the end, all he needs is another day or two and the frenzy will move on to some other FF gob****e who was caught out at some other form of skullduggery.

The thing is Phil Hogan could probably not work a day again. He’ll have some lump some and pensions available to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if Heather Humphreys weighs in on this. No Minister stands by while their Department is being attacked.
    He's really put his foot in it with this relentless Maxwell Smart style capitulation.
    Next, it will be the shoeshine boy at the airport who told him to go all in.
    Gobsh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

ForestFire wrote: »
    It says if you test negative in another location before coming to Ireland you still need to restrict yourself for 14days. This is to make sure people still isolate and to be clear there are no get out clauses for anyone...

No where does it say anything about a subsequent test in Ireland clearing you.... You cannot just make up your own rules because its not there

Except, Michael Martin said the reason why he didn't have to isolate coming back from the EU Summit in Brussels is because he did a test and it was negative.

Look, the Government are all over the shop on rules and regs. I heard the person on from the Hospitality Industry and he said they had not been given details of the new restrictions when that event had taken place. They had been announced ok, but there was no written instruction provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Jizique wrote: »
    Most of the posters here won’t be happy until Nigel Farage is appointee in his place
    That is several times you have brought him up now out of nowhere, J.
    What are the chances of someone who is so anti-EU and Brussels going to work for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

Rte interviewer to pierce Doherty- in his defense

Sums up rte

Advertisement