Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Pelezico wrote: »
    Fighting for Ireland? Now why would anyone want to fight for Ieland?

Let me say just one last time...the covid police sicken my hole.

I was in the park last week and I saw one of the covid police berate an old man for walking too close to her.

I wanted to scream but passed by...slightly ashamed.

She sickened my hole with her pomposity and self righteousness.. just like the posters here.

They all break the rules...and they know it.

OK, I get it, you are edgy and like to live outside the rules. And you dont like the 'Covid Police'. Maybe start a thread about that topic to vent your disgust with us plebs.

But Im talking about PHIL HOGAN

Mr. Hogan should retire from Public life. Stop trying to change the subject. Your diversionary tactic is weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They knew well they were no abiding social distancing rules, 8 to 10 people were seated at one table including the billionaire hotel owner John Sweeney...who was convicted of fraud in 2010 then wines and dines the newly appointed Judge at the Golf banquet.

Good on them, I am sure John paid for the beers

I hope they had a round of golf beforehand....

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    We are a neutral country, why would you be fighting?

Trench warfare anyway ended after WW1, so no idea why you would be in a trench in first place.

He is on a rant...it is called the covid police rant. The irony is that all these covid police are themselves transgressors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fighting for Ireland? Now why would anyone want to fight for Ieland?

Let me say just one last time...the covid police sicken my hole.

I was in the park last week and I saw one of the covid police berate an old man for walking too close to her.

I wanted to scream but passed by...slightly ashamed.

She sickened my hole with her pomposity and self righteousness.. just like the posters here.

They all break the rules...and they know it.
    What a strange post!
    No police in this country btw, we have Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

It seems that the "Galway tent" is alive and well, just in a different form.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

That Simpsons clip was hilarious :)

We are a neutral country, why would you be fighting?

Trench warfare anyway ended after WW1, so no idea why you would be in a trench in first place.

Phil Hogan Should resign.

I am saying that the poeple who support him sound like weak turncoasts to me, hece trench metaphor, in a serious situation, I dont want snakey gombeens around me watching my back.

You know what a metaphor is right?

It seems that the "Galway tent" is alive and well, just in a different form.

Ah...so this has nothing to do with covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What a strange post!
    No police in this country btw, we have Gardai.

Their posts read like a drunk aunty. Late late just finished, Chinese polished off. Drunk on wine and typing away about their sickened hole on Internet message boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Cyrus wrote: »
    It’s a golf society you’ll find them in lots of work places and social clubs ffs

Not really, this clearly isn’t a society for a work place. Judges, senators, td’s and business people with intermingling and conflicting interests - what could go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

We need big Phil on the Brexit 6 yard line ready to do a Niall Quinn straight into the back of the net

Phil Hogan Should resign.

I am saying that the poeple who support him sound like weak turncoasts to me, hece trench metaphor, in a serious situation, I dont want snakey gombeens around me watching my back.

You know what a metaphor is right?

No

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Not really, this clearly isn’t a society for a work place. Judges, senators, td’s and business people with intermingling and conflicting interests - what could go wrong.

How are they conflicting interests?

Its a standard Golf club....

No

Ive been reading your posts for a while now and tried to avoid dealing with you.

You aint worth talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Go on you set it up....

We'd need a few ground rules - and a comm-ittee to adjudicate maybe.
    No more that a half-doz. to be used in any action. Free range preferred of course.
    No closer than a range of 5 metres say.
    Any rewards for direct hits?
    Is collateral damage of civilians to be tolerated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ive been reading your posts for a while now and tried to avoid dealing with you.

Sooner the mods deal with the melt the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

That ain't very inclusive

Uriel. wrote: »
    That ain't very inclusive

The chap /chapess is a troll or is on someones payroll from what I can make out.

The chap /chapess is a troll or is on someones payroll from what I can make out.

I guess you mean that anyone who us not suitably outraged is instantly dismissed.

Fair enough but be honest about it.

I guess you mean that anyone who us not suitably outraged is instantly dismissed.

I cannot understand how a normal Ethical person could not be outraged at all this.
    So everything is fine with you then I guess? Is everything OK with the way the contry is being run? What do you think could be done better or are the Govt. doing a sterling job?

Drop the 'Covid police' strawman please

EDIT** PHIL HOGAN SHOULD RESIGN***

• Advertisement

I cannot understand how a normal Ethical person could not be outraged at all this.
    So everything is fine with you then I guess? Is everything OK with the way the contry is being run? What do you think could be done better or are the Govt. doing a sterling job?

Drop the 'Covid police' strawman please

Whtbare you outraged? Explain to me why Phil Hogan should resign because he attended a golf day.

He is not a member of government. He works for the EU.

Why the hysteria? For me this represents social media at its worst with people constantly looking for reasons to be angry...and showcase others transgressions, however minor.

He apologised. What more do you want?

I am not one for the faux outrage crowd

At the end of day. it was a golf club. Lads went for a few beers, plenty of soakage beforehand. No-one drove home.

The problem was the guidelines changed and they would have got away with it before that, they should have called it off, didn't and got caught. paid for it. Done

Now we have the people I best describe as "Would someone please think of the children" running around like headless chicken. Let them run I say, let them run.

I still have no idea why someone is talking about the trench's, baffling.

Whtbare you outraged? Explain to me why Phil Hogan should resign because he attended a golf day.

Why the hysteria?

Too much time on their hands, give them a job and they wouldnt have time

Why the hysteria?

Ah , here, dont play the dumb to avoid my questions.

I understand he is not a member of the Govt. What I want to hear is Leo and MM to come out a say they re backing him 100% or they dont. One or the other.
    Then I'd like to see ursula von der leyen can his large arse. Not gonna happen, so Ill scream into the void here.

Too much time on their hands, give them a job and they wouldnt have time

There is a lot to be said for that. People are bored and tetchy. They need to blame someone and Phil came up trumps.

Ah , here, dont play the dumb to avoid my questions.

I understand he is not a member of the Govt. What I want to hear is Leo and MM to come out a say they re backing him 100% or they dont. One or the other.
    Then I'd like to see ursula von der leyen can his large arse. Not gonna happen, so Ill scream into the void here.

You understand he is not a member of government but you want the government to come out and support him :p:p:p:p:p

I am not one for the faux outrage crowd

At the end of day. it was a golf club. Lads went for a few beers, plenty of soakage beforehand. No-one drove home.

The problem was the guidelines changed and they would have got away with it before that, they should have called it off, didn't and got caught. paid for it. Done

Now we have the people I best describe as "Would someone please think of the children" running around like headless chicken. Let them run I say, let them run.

I still have no idea why someone is talking about the trench's, baffling.

lol, yeah , Im angry because he played Golf. You are ****e lads at building Strawmen.

The way I see it, its two of you vs. the rest of Ireland.

You understand he is not a member of government but you want the government to come out and support him :p:p:p:p:p

I want them to defend him publically, as Irelands Commisioner, you know exactly what I mean. you aint funny at all so dont flatter yourself.

Fuk, my will to live is draining talking you.

I want them to defend him publically, you aint funny at all so dont flatter yourself.

It wont happen...nor should it happen.

The man apologised. Why should he give up his livelihood for attending golf day?

Is this the world you want? Really?

• Advertisement

lol, yeah , Im angry because he played Golf. You are ****e lads at building Strawmen.

The way I see it, its two of you vs. the rest of Ireland.

I think you will find I dont approve of the event.

But you will also find people with employment and working are getting on with their lives. Their whole life doesn't revolve around what MM and FF say on a daily basis or if some TD went for a few pints and got sacked.

Dont think at any stage you are or ever will be speaking for the rest of Ireland.

Please note neither am I, that is the beauty of free living, people an decide for themselves

Advertisement