Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

jojofizzio wrote: »
    McConkey on Prime Time putting the boot into big Phil...
    He was pretty spot on in fairness.
    He said if phil hogan thinks he was following the guidelines he was wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

When your explaining, your losing Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Surely someone has a sighting of him playing golf in Mount Juliet while he was “convalescing “ or “isolating “ (or whatever he wasn’t doing coz he didn’t have to) in Kilkenny (before the Limerick jaunt)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

This is more or less the public life figures and business interests at the do. There were other people at it such as Spouses that I left out.

Let me know of any mistakes.

Judges
    Supreme Court judge + former AG Seamus Woulfe,
    Circuit Court judge Pat McCartan,

Commissioners and MEPs (current and former)
    EU Commissioner Phil Hogan
    Brian Hayes (Former MEP)

Ambassadors
    Moroccan Ambassador(said to be Guest of Lorraine Higgins)

Ministers
    Dara Calleary - Resigned from Ministry

TDs(current and former)
    Independent TD Noel Grealish
    Frank Fahey(Former)
    Noel Dempsey(Former)
    Gerry Brady(Former)
    Áine Brady(Former) currently ThirdAge Ireland
    Brian Hayes(Former) currently BPFI
    Gerry Reynolds(Former)
    Dr Michael Harty(Former) and Oireachtas Health
    Paul Daly

Civil Servants/Oireachtais
    John Flaherty Oireachtas Health+Safety - resigned
    Cait Hayes(head of protocol for Oireachtas) sister of Brian Hayes

Senators(current+former)
    Paul Daly,
    Aidan Davitt,
    Niall Blaney,
    Paddy Burke,
    John Cummins
    Jerry Buttimer - Demoted
    Donie Cassidy
    Imelda Henry(Former)
    Cait Keane(Former)
    Lorraine Higgins(Former) Barrister and Digital Business Ireland(Lobbyist)
    Cait Keane(Former)

Councillors
    Paudge Connolly Monaghan(Former TD)
    Martin Brett (Killkenny) - Resigned
    Enda McGlion(Longford) - Resigned

Journalism
    Sean O Rourke

Unknown
    3 guests of Brian Hayes
    Guests of Gerry +Áine Brady

Station House Hotel
    John Sweeney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

RTÉ player has stopped working for me for the last hour or two

What a shock that is. Pity the RTE player wasn't at the golf event, we could get rid of that also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

mick087 wrote: »

I doubt all 81 heads will roll but imagine the publics confidence in such a goverment if they did

100% This would be a golden chance for this government to turn things around. There would be huge public satisfaction in the knowledge that maybe the days of lawless arrogant politicians might be coming to an end.

I fear it's easier to chase after Hogan to appease the public mood, than to bring down the seanad or government numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Too much swearing in this thread. She doesn't like profanity :p

It’ll give her the best laugh ever though:pac:

Gods Gift wrote: »
    When your explaining, your losing Phil.
    How long has he been tweeting and explaining? 5 days? He looks increasingly fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

EU Commissioner playing a game of golf is not essential. What part do you have trouble with?
    Again the EU Commissioner role is to represent the EU and not one particular EU state. His loyalty is to the EU they even pinkie swear an oath to this effect.
    Actually he claimed he was working on an EU/ American trade deal, you seem confused it's ok you have something in common with Phil

EU/American trade deals are important to Ireland as well!

You can't say he wasn't conducting essential work while he was in Ireland, the golf is just a side show.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

tigger123 wrote: »
    No, wait... what he ... said the first time, that's what ... he said, but he didn't... eh ... mean the ehm, wait hold on, I just to disable the comments here...

I'm very surprised that there has been no one coming forward with claims of sexual misconduct or the use of narcotics

This shower must really have had a LOT of corrupt deals to broker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

gmisk wrote: »
    How long has he been tweeting and explaining? 5 days? He looks increasingly fecked

Well as I learned as a child from my mother, tell the truth, you’ll always be caught out on a lie.....

McConkey on Prime Time putting the boot into big Phil...

McConkey is a spoofer, changes his mind as often as his socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

How is this still running? Just watched interview there and cannot believe people are taking what they want from it. He did not blame anybody except himself for attending the dinner and his own stupidity.
    I was completely satisfied with his explanations and at this stage can the news cycle please move on to something worthy rather than petty political payback because Hogan was ignorant to a few people back in the day. We have serious issues to deal with and comeuppance should not be dominating the news cycle. If his employer has a problem with him she will deal with it.

As a taxpayer here who is no fan of his or FG I am shaking my head in disbelief that this is being pursued with such vigour. The longer this is about Phil Hogan the longer these sort of dinners and what sort of business being carried on at them is glossed over. Bigger fools the lot of us.

Well done commissioner I say, now please get back to work and do the state some service in your important role.

This is more or less the public life figures and business interests at the do. There were other people at it such as Spouses that I left out.

Let me know of any mistakes.

Judges
    Circuit Court judge Pat McCartan,

Brian Hayes (Former MEP)

Ambassadors

Ministers

TDs(current and former)
    Frank Fahey(Former)
    Noel Dempsey(Former)
    Gerry Brady(Former)
    Gerry Reynolds(Former)
    Paul Daly

Senators(current+former)
    Paul Daly,
    Aidan Davitt,
    Niall Blaney,
    Paddy Burke,
    John Cummins
    Jerry Buttimer - Demoted
    Donie Cassidy
    Imelda Henry(Former)
    Cait Keane(Former)
    Cait Keane(Former)

Councillors

Journalism
    Sean O Rourke

Unknown
    3 guests of Brian Hayes

Station House Hotel
    John Sweeney
    Pat mc cartan is retired seemingly before all this (someone cleared that up for me earlier)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

golfball37 wrote: »
    How is this still running? Just watched interview there and cannot believe people are taking what they want from it. He did not blame anybody except himself for attending the dinner and his own stupidity.
    I was completely satisfied with his explanations and at this stage can the news cycle please move on to something worthy rather than petty political payback because Hogan was ignorant to a few people back in the day. We have serious issues to deal with and comeuppance should not be dominating the news cycle. If his employer has a problem with him she will deal with it.

As a taxpayer here who is no fan of his or FG I am shaking my head in disbelief that this is being pursued with such vigour. The longer this is about Phil Hogan the longer these sort of dinners and what sort of business being carried on at them is glossed over. Bigger fools the lot of us.

Well done commissioner I say, now please get back to work and do the state some service in your important role.

Ermmm....he blamed his medical doctors
    He blamed the citizens info website
    He blamed the Irish hotel federation

He even blamed the yanks for trade negotiations tat had to be done while he on a golfing jolly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

EU/American trade deals are important to Ireland as well!

You can't say he wasn't conducting essential work while he was in Ireland, the golf is just a side show.

I can't say he wasn't, as you can't say he was. What I can say is his time in Clifden was not essential and that his behaviour before hand and after is the issue.
    Fair play for trying to defend him, but except for a few other posters here it doesn't wash.

Well done commissioner? What exactly has he done well in this sh#t show? He has inflated the issue that is clear by the amount of tweets etc he has had to put out, and the fact he has had to hand a report up to his boss in europe.

I agree there needs to be a closer look at the invite list and I think a lot are getting away with very little stick e.g councillor Paudge connolly who was in a non green list country 8 days before the event!

It’ll give her the best laugh ever though:pac:

Not sure.

My sister is a bit of a pansy about scary movies and such and that Sorolla guy is very creepy. The reality bending stories from Hogan will be enough entertainment. No need to add the slimy sexual element to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Coronavirus, lockdown, a baying mob, cancel culture. This story is basically everything that happened in 2020 rolled into one dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Judges current and Former
    Circuit Court judge Pat McCartan Retired

Brian Hayes (Former MEP)

Ambassadors

Ministers

TDs(current and former)
    Frank Fahey(Former)
    Noel Dempsey(Former)
    Gerry Brady(Former)
    Gerry Reynolds(Former)
    Paul Daly

Senators(current+former)
    Paul Daly,
    Aidan Davitt,
    Niall Blaney,
    Paddy Burke,
    John Cummins
    Jerry Buttimer - Demoted
    Donie Cassidy
    Imelda Henry(Former)
    Cait Keane(Former)
    Cait Keane(Former)

Councillors

Journalism
    Sean O Rourke

Unknown
    3 guests of Brian Hayes

Station House Hotel
    John Sweeney

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Coronavirus, lockdown, a baying mob, cancel culture. This story is basically everything that happened in 2020 rolled into one dinner.

All we’re missing is the sex scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Typical ignorance.
    He was not appointed to "do the state some service". He was appointed to a non elected group of people to represent the EU. The EU commission is not elected. An Irishman's role on the EU commission is not to represent Ireland's interests. Your lack of knowledge is un-helpful in this debate.

I can't say he wasn't, as you can't say he was. What I can say is his time in Clifden was not essential and that and his behaviour before hand and after is the issue.
    Fair play for trying to defend him, but except for a few other posters here it doesn't wash.

I am sure Phil, coming from a normal country like Belgium has the common sense to realise these local lock downs are silly, as is the the assumption you must continue to restrict movements even when you have had a negative test 7 days after returning!!

I'm not surprised he is unfamiliar with Irish 'rules'. they are so random and nonsensical.

The government are using him as a smokescreen to defend their silly rules and the fact that members of their own parties and cabinets did the same thing.

Hogan is a seemingly convenient scapegoat to drag attention away from their own incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Brilliant i will be doing exactly that.

Thanking you have written an essay to the email address

normanoffside will meet you and show you the way in.

Please don't make any noise and don't turn on any light as Sorolla is already up there and is fast asleep by now.

You will have to feel your way around in the dark... but sure isn't that half the fun for you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

What good has he done for Ireland since he became EU
    commissioner?
    I'm curious.
    Can anyone come up with an example of how Phil Hogan
    has actually helped Ireland?
    Whenever I think of Phil Hogan I think of
    him threatening to cut peoples water to a trickle
    and then going off and getting a big job in the EU for
    being a big bully boy.
    So I'm interested to hear has he done Ireland an iota of
    good since he became EU commissioner?

quinnd6 wrote: »
    commissioner?
    I'm curious.
    being a big bully boy.

None.
    No they cannot.
    You have to get over the water charges thing.
    None.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

quinnd6 wrote: »
    commissioner?
    I'm curious.
    being a big bully boy.

He's not supposed to do any good for Ireland in his role as Commissioner, his job is to represent the EU as a whole. Something of course which is ignored by several here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Indeed, as the part of my post you highlighted said.
    Martin was clearly working though.

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Ermmm....he blamed his medical doctors
    He blamed the citizens info website
    He blamed the Irish hotel federation

He even blamed the yanks for trade negotiations tat had to be done while he on a golfing jolly

I have a missed call on my mobile Fromm an "unknown number".

I assume that is Hogan phoning to pin this on me.

Has he blamed his patents yet?

Advertisement