Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Interesting to see John Sweeney and his wife sitting at the top table with the legal pals et al, as they are the company Directors of Western Railway Operations LTD, oil retailers and hotel management.

Western Railway operations ltd may trade as Clifden Station house or Sweeney Oil.

Cahoots!!...I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine!

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Compa...Limited-573077

Does anyone think there's a dirty connection between the Directors of Clifden Station House and the influential people they were seated with and dined with in their own hotel?

There has been 5 mortgage/charges against Western Railway Operations ltd all on the same day this year 28th February 2020.

John Sweeney that was seated at the table with the High court Judge , has 38 directorships spanning mainly oil retail and mining, legal and construction / planning and parkrite parking.

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Direc...hn/2105755823/

The particular Sweeney family are highly influential people worth billions.

Why was Station House Hotel owned by the Sweeney family chosen?
    Is there a link as to why they 81 party knew the Hotel management would let the Golf party go ahead without social distancing?

There's something very fishy going on and more questions must be asked about this relationship with the hotel owners and those that attended the Gold dinner.

Fukin brilliant, thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think you will find I dont approve of the event.

But you will also find people with employment and working are getting on with their lives. Their whole life doesn't revolve around what MM and FF say on a daily basis or if some TD went for a few pints and got sacked.

Dont think at any stage you are or ever will be speaking for the rest of Ireland.

Please note neither am I, that is the beauty of free living, people an decide for themselves

I had a good life last year. Ive lost pretty much the whole lot since Feb.

I am annoyed at the fools running this show, and maybe I have a point.

I dont speak for Ireland, just looking at Boards opinions.

Glad you are doing grand Jack, Im clinging on, but Ill survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

I for one want him gone.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I want them to defend him publically, as Irelands Commisioner, you know exactly what I mean. you aint funny at all so dont flatter yourself.

Fuk, my will to live is draining talking you.
    I have seen these tactics used before, a tag team of posters that chips away at you until you lose your temper and tell them to f..k off or something and get banned.
    No point replying to them.

Pelezico wrote: »
    It wont happen...nor should it happen.

The man apologised. Why should he give up his livelihood for attending golf day?

Is this the world you want? Really?

This man had fuct Irish people over for years. I forget what it was but he made some deal around a month or two ago which was totally against all Irish peoples interests... even annoyed the govt... does anyone here remember what exactly happened again ??? Hard to find story with all the current events!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I heard Phil did not stay in the Station House Hotel on the night of the dinner because it wasn't up to his standards. I think he went to the Abbeyglen or Ballynahinch Castle (owned by Denis O'Brien).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Pelezico wrote: »
    Ah...so this has nothing to do with covid?

On the surface yes, they broke the rules to stop the spread of covid, but a bunch of politicians, judges, journalist with a few shady types all together partying while flaunting the law exposes a deep contempt by the establishment.

🙈🙉🙊

I have seen these tactics used before, a tag team of posters that chips away at you until you lose your temper and tell them to f..k off or something and get banned.
    No point replying to them.

Yeah, exactly, Im trying to walk the fine line and sure would like to speak plainly. I am soo sick of some posters bilge here, I just had to do some of the lifting against them.

I Iove a healthy debate with totally different opinions, but thats not what these posters are about, they are running defense, its so obvious.

Id better not say any more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Phil Hogan is a See You Next Tuesday, but he's our See You Next Tuesday.

If people want to be virtuous, you're better than me. We need him in his role defending our interests throughout Brexit negotiations. The Brits will do all they can to make hay out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

LillySV wrote: »
    This man had fuct Irish people over for years. I forget what it was but he made some deal around a month or two ago which was totally against all Irish peoples interests... even annoyed the govt... does anyone here remember what exactly happened again ??? Hard to find story with all the current events!
    The Mercosur beef deals maybe? EU commisioners including Hulk voted to shaft Irish and European farmers.

• Advertisement

Phil Hogan is a See You Next Tuesday, but he's our See You Next Tuesday.

If people want to be virtuous, you're better than me. We need him in his role defending our interests throughout Brexit negotiations. The Brits will do all they can to make hay out of this.

Yes he is a hero. He has served Ireland so well....
    When Mr Hogan moved to Europe late last year, the Government went on to overturn the system he set up for water charges. This included dropping a threat to reduce people’s water supplies to a trickle if they did not pay and dropping a system to charge households by their usage.

Mr Hogan provoked outrage in January 2014 when it was revealed Irish water had spent €50m of taxpayers’ money on consultants.

“I don’t micro-manage. You can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs,” he said at the time.

When Mr Hogan was the minister overseeing the setting up of Irish Water, legislation for it was rushed through the Dáil in four hours. Later, it emerged that Irish Water staff would be entitled to a system of bonus payments. While the Coalition tried to stop this, employment authorities last week approved the pay hikes.

Despite the former Fine Gael minister’s defence yesterday, others firmly blamed Mr Hogan for the controversies associated with Irish Water. It was also suggested that the Coalition could have opted for other revenue- raising measures in the bailout troika deal, instead of water charges, when they took power in 2011.

Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin, whose former government originally agreed to the bailout and to the water charges, said: “He is responsible for it [the mess].

"He must be the only man in Ireland now that is saying its not a mess and not a debacle because most Fine Gael ministers start off by saying we didn’t get that quite right did we and Labour ministers were blaming Fine Gael for the mess.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40036034.html?type=amp
    Dáil health-and-safety official attended #Golfgate event.

The civil servant with responsibility for health and safety in the Oireachtas was present at a golf outing that flouted Covid19 guidelines.

Yes he is a hero. He has served Ireland so well....

There is no doubt that Phil Hogan is Mr. Irish Water, and all the **** that it was.

I'd rather have him loose on the UK and USA in trade negotiations than whoever else would replace him.

There is no doubt that Phil Hogan is Mr. Irish Water, and all the **** that it was.

I'd rather have him loose on the UK and USA in trade negotiations than whoever else would replace him.

I see. He has a track record of failure and dishonesty and you reckon that makes him a great negotiator?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/no-minutes-for-irish-water-meetings-attended-by-former-minister-hogan-31086769.html
    There are no minutes from a series of high-level Irish Water meetings held in 2012, including some attended by then environment minister Phil Hogan.

Mr Hogan met with Bord Gáis chairperson Rose Hynes in October and November that year but no notes were kept during the discussions.

In total, there are no minutes from more than half of all meetings between the Department of Environment and Bord Gáis in the six months after they set up Irish Water.

Overall, 23 meetings occurred between April and September 2012 but according to documents obtained by RTÉ's 'This Week' programme, there are only notes from 10.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20378875.html
    Concerns over awarding of €50m contract for Irish Water’s call centre

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/former-minister-accuses-hogan-of-hubris-over-irish-water-1.3237606
    Former minister of state Fergus O’Dowd has claimed he was ignored when he warned then environment minister Phil Hogan that Irish Water needed a “proper, professional communications strategy” when it was being established.
    Mr O’Dowd, who was involved in the establishment of the water authority, said he told Mr Hogan, now European Commissioner for Agriculture, “that it would be an unmitigated disaster”.
    “Needless to say I was not listened to and hubris and arrogance won out over logic and concern for ordinary people,” Mr O’Dowd said.

FORMER JUNIOR MINISTER Fergus O’Dowd, one the people involved in setting up Irish Water, said last night that he felt that there were “forces at work” with “agendas” to privatise the utility company.

He said he remains “deeply concerned at other agendas, they may be European… I don’t know where they are coming from…” and said we have “real reason to be concerned” about the possibility of Irish Water being privatised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I'm no fan of Phil Hogan but I think Irish Water was a good idea and much needed. The govt should have stuck with the original plan but they lost their bottle and started farting around with grants and the like. Meanwhile water still needs to be paid for and there is no incentive for users to curb their usage.

KaneToad wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Phil Hogan but I think Irish Water was a good idea and much needed. The govt should have stuck with the original plan but they lost their bottle and started farting around with grants and the like. Meanwhile water still needs to be paid for and there is no incentive for users to curb their usage.

They planned to privatise it.

O'Dowd said -
    He said he wanted a ban on privatisation to be included in previous legislation, but that proposal was deleted.

Hogan made sure it was deleted.

I see. He has a track record of failure and dishonesty and you reckon that makes him a great negotiator?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/no-minutes-for-irish-water-meetings-attended-by-former-minister-hogan-31086769.html

If Phil Hogan was a member of cabinet I'd want him to resign, but he's not a member of cabinet he's the EU trade commissioner.

I'd have fairly vague opinions on his performance so am definitely open to being convinced otherwise. I didnt cry for the beef farmers after the Mercosur deal to be honest, Japan seemed decent, USA deal done just today has yet to be critiqued...I'd certainly listen to what you'd have to say.

Anyone who thinks Phil hogan works for the interests of the ordinary Irish person is a dumb Cnut... sorry for saying that .: I just can’t believe there is fukin idiots spouting that ****e...: I’ve yet to see one sign of that cnut working for the interests of the ordinary man in all his years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Penn wrote:
    The group wasn't split in two. It was the same event and a flimsy half-open partition between the the two groups doesn't negate the mingling likely before and after.
    Your making up a narrative to suit your argument. I've no idea how flimsy the partition was but the venue was responsible to make the dining area fit the rules.
    Same as a staycation, you take you family to a hotel, your not the only people booked in, easily 80, the hotel makes arrangements to keep it below 6 at a table with social distancing between groups
    Penn wrote:
    It was one event and the reason they put up a partition was because they knew they were having an event for more than 50 people. Trying to wave it away as "We put a partition up" doesn't change that.
    No there your wrong, they but up a barrier to ensure they complied with the then rules.
    Penn wrote:
    If it had been a 140 person wedding split into 3 groups with the same partitions, the same people would be condemning it.
    I'm sure they would. Even without knowing any of the details about how its organised.

Every hotel around the country is taking people, their running breakfasts, dinners and have bars open. The large ones could easily have 80 people dining, using large conference rooms, partitions, dedicated walkways etc.

I've actually mixed feelings on this, i do see both sides, the venue was responsible for organising the event in accordance with guidelines. Yes if it wasn't up to scratch people shouldn't have stayed but I don't agree its a resigning matter.
    If there was a resignation it should be Martin, he's the boss and the troops were having a golf event, why he didn't wait until thur to bring in the new measures is beyond me but as he brought them in tues he should have cancelled the jolly. If anyone should resign its him.
    But regarding Phil, he attended an event organised by others, he sat at a table for 6 (I've seen the seating plan) and the venue was responsible to comply with c19 guidelines. He's no reason to resign or apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Phil i hope you sleep terribly tonight but even more so i hope people don't forget.we want you out.you are an arrogant man and you don't represent anything irish.
    go phil! resign ! We don't want you anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Phil i hope you sleep terribly tonight but even more so i hope people don't forget.we want you out.you are an arrogant man and you don't represent anything irish.

Oh he will really be upset now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Go on now, go, walk out the door
    Just turn around now
    'Cause you're not welcome anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

LillySV wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Phil hogan works for the interests of the ordinary Irish person is a dumb Cnut... sorry for saying that .: I just can’t believe there is fukin idiots spouting that ****e...: I’ve yet to see one sign of that cnut working for the interests of the ordinary man in all his years

Irish water was and still is a great idea.

KaneToad wrote: »

This is the problem. Irish water was created, started to do some good and then more or less cut down to nothing

Now you have huge issues with water and no Irish water,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Is there anything to be said for a Mass or Protest outside Leinster house or should I say their new location at the Convention centre

Btw, the Dail are now meeting at the Convention centre at 25k a day for TDs to social distance meanwhile 81 of them are wined and dined at the Clifden Station house.

Hypocricy at its finest!

Is there anything to be said for a Mass or Protest outside Leinster house or should I say their new location at the Convention centre

Btw, the Dail are now meeting at the Convention centre at 25k a day for TDs to social distance meanwhile 81 of them are wined and dined at the Clifden Station house.

Hypocricy at its finest!

Time to declare a new Republic and wash the ****e away, the French are serious about this stuff, and they are right.

Time to declare a new Republic and wash the ****e away, the French are serious about this stuff, and they are right.

What???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Hypocricy at its finest!
    There's going to be a protest today if you're up for it.

• Advertisement

s1ippy wrote: »
    There's going to be a protest today if you're up for it.

Who is? This will be hillarious

They bringing Gemma with them

Advertisement