Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockford Park, Deansgrange

Options
  • 21-08-2020 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    Considering purchasing in Rockford Park. Houses are clearly more affordable there than in neighbouring estates. The location is great, just unsure whether there is more behind the lower prices than the stigma of being a council estate.

Newspaper reports bring up a little trouble.

Is it a settled area? Really just concerned about walking home at night, anti-social behaviour, feel safe to park the car outside etc

Does anyone know how much of the estate is public/privately owned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Hi
    Considering purchasing in Rockford Park. Houses are clearly more affordable there than in neighbouring estates. The location is great, just unsure whether there is more behind the lower prices than the stigma of being a council estate.

Newspaper reports bring up a little trouble.

Is it a settled area? Really just concerned about walking home at night, anti-social behaviour, feel safe to park the car outside etc

Does anyone know how much of the estate is public/privately owned?

Live nearby seems like a good place. Can't answer the specifics sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Good friend of mine bought a house there about 4 years ago now? No trouble that I have heard except in the past couple of weeks there has been reportings of a few break ins, however with it being August and people being away, I'm sure its opportunistic.

Honestly apart from that it seems nice, plenty of kids out playing and a fair mix of families and older people living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

scrumqueen wrote: »
    Good friend of mine bought a house there about 4 years ago now? No trouble that I have heard except in the past couple of weeks there has been reportings of a few break ins, however with it being August and people being away, I'm sure its opportunistic.

Honestly apart from that it seems nice, plenty of kids out playing and a fair mix of families and older people living there.

Yeah I would say it's no more prone to break-ins than anywhere else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Lovely estate. Have plenty of relatives who live there. It may be a council estate but they would be of an older generation. I couldn't recommend it enough to live

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The Mig wrote: »
    Lovely estate. Have plenty of relatives who live there. It may be a council estate but they would be of an older generation. I couldn't recommend it enough to live

Couldn't agree more, lovely place to live, lived up the road for years and never had an issue

21/25

• Advertisement
Advertisement