Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinasloe GC

Options
  • 21-08-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭

Should have had another round early this morning in an Open Comp but had a very disappointing experience at Ballinasloe GC. After an hours drive we arrived to find the course closed.

No office / shop personnel on hand and no reply on telephone. There was nothing on their website or facebook page this morning about being closed but they did respond to my query on messenger apologising but due to storm debris they decided LAST NIGHT to close the course.

I appreciate that these things can happen but they clearly also decided not to bother contacting anyone on the timesheet and as they had both my email address and mobile this was really bad form. Facebook was updated at 10.30 - has anyone else had a similar experience there?

It would really put me off booking it again. Also they still have €30 belong to me as I had to pay in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Should have had another round early this morning in an Open Comp but had a very disappointing experience at Ballinasloe GC. After an hours drive we arrived to find the course closed.

No office / shop personnel on hand and no reply on telephone. There was nothing on their website or facebook page this morning about being closed but they did respond to my query on messenger apologising but due to storm debris they decided LAST NIGHT to close the course.

I appreciate that these things can happen but they clearly also decided not to bother contacting anyone on the timesheet and as they had both my email address and mobile this was really bad form. Facebook was updated at 10.30 - has anyone else had a similar experience there?

It would really put me off booking it again. Also they still have €30 belong to me as I had to pay in advance.

Thats pretty poor to not have updated with website or answering machine.

I'd be looking for my money back...you could even look at a chargeback via your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I'll get the money back alright. It's the lack of communication that was so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Power outages/trees down in the area might have had an effect on people getting to work.

Small clubs are probably dependent on 1/2 people for things like this

GDPR can also make remote access to timesheet data tricky

Ronney wrote: »
    Power outages/trees down in the area might have had an effect on people getting to work.

Possibly, I had no electricity myself for 18 hours but they didnt say anything like that to me this morning and they made no effort this morning to contact anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ronney wrote: »

GDPR can also make remote access to timesheet data tricky

Someone was at the course to decide it wasn't fit to be played, they should be updating the website as part of their job.

• Advertisement

To finish the story they notified members on Thursday night that they would be closed Friday but did not consider that visitors would be impacted. Refund on the way.

Advertisement