Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Conductor Bias

Options
  • 21-08-2020 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I was called an ass by a poster I reported it

The Conductor responded on thread my first interaction with a mod on here by calling up a post of mine which called out the atmosphere on the forum but wasn't personal.

"So an unsubstantiated threat.

All hot air as usual here from a certain cohort.

It's a real disservice to the sector that the most vocal are the ones with the least knowledge."

The Conductor had this to say:

If you have an issue with a post- refute it factually without attacking other posters. Casting aspersions concerning other posters is not acceptable behaviour if you wish to continue using this forum. This is a one and only warning.

Yet calling me an ass for helping the OP with factual information is acceptable.

The Accommodation Forum is so Toxic

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Since you are not disputing a card or ban, I have moved this to Help Desk.

Can you clarify what is the cut and thrust here? I may have a bad dose of Friday brain but the thread title and the content of your post are not parsing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

I said that it was an unsubstantiated threat. If it was the other way around I'd be asked for proof so I provided it.

All hot air here means aggression on the forum, which nobody can deny, and it's from a the usual cohort. This is factual.

And sadly the forum is a disservice to the sector which I'm involved with for years. And time and time again a group of posters don't want the legislation to apply to them.

The Conductors Response:

Carerhomeless-

You cannot tar an entire segment of the posters in the forum in the manner in which you have done.

You actually can call out the faults of a whole group of people, it's called both opinion and fact, I have an opinion and i also backed it up with facts.

It is made clear in the charter governing posting in the forum that the forum is for the enjoyment of all- and that includes the various different people you are likely to encounter- tenants, landlords, home owners, management agents, there are a few local authority housing officers who post in the forum- and a myriad of others.

The atmosphere isn't indicative of this. Tenants are routinely threatened with bogus threats from people who don't know the legislation .

It is not acceptable to cast aspersions at any cohort of posters- and we do regularly call out posts against HAP recipients and other tenants- if they are being attacked- in exactly the same manner.

I didn't attack the reputation or integrity of someone, I presented the facts and my exasperation that people ignore the legislation and are allowed to.

The moderators of the forum also represent a spectrum of different type posters- and Irish society in general, and it is unfair to suggest there is a bias.

Then why is it that the person reporting being called an ass for nothing but trying to help the op is the one who gets called out on the thread and is told due process will not be allowed and different rules apply to them.

I've watched the forum for a long time but didn't participate because of the toxicity of it but in the pandemic it's crucial that people seeking help are not threatened or harassed into situations from people with an agenda.

When a tenant asks for advice there is also the same crew of people who come on threatening the tenants with everything from bogus fines to plagues of locusts. THIS IS ALWAYS ALLOWED

No matter what legislation and quoting of the legislation the people trying to assist the tenant are always held to a higher standard to the cohort who aren't trying to help.

The thread I'm complaining about highlights this. Why is someone allowed to call me an ass for trying to assist the OP but I get called out for reporting this. The Moderator obviously trolled my posts to find something remotely antagonistic and then said if I dared to say there's a group of people providing false information I would be immediately permanently banned.

It's a hysterical response from the Conductor to factually pointing out the situation.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I will take a look at this.

Can I add to this just how irrational the mods are in the forum

I posted a link to the new legislation and stated the importance to establish if the licensee is a relevant person for the OP

Graham posted something which I didn't understand the relevance to what i posted I asked him to explain and

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    also important to note
    Could you elucidate on why you believe it's important to note in terms of this discussion subsection (1A) of section 3 of RTA 2004?

(a) a dwelling that is used wholly or partly for the purpose of carrying on a business, such that the occupier could, after the tenancy has lasted 5 years, make an application under section 13 (1)(a) of the Landlord and Tenant (Amendment) Act 1980 in respect of it,

Then Graham posts

Mod Note

Not on this thread.

Feel free to start a separate thread to continue this line of discussion.

So the Moderator tries to interpret the legislation and when asked to explain this they shut down discussion. This is irrational and completely unhelpful to the OP. Why is it separate Graham posted a quote from S37 but won't explain why it's important to note that.

What's going on?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement