Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback

Options
  • 21-08-2020 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I am a BOI customer and I paid for a flight on 7th November 2019, invoice available.  This flight was cancelled by Emirates 2 weeks prior to departure and they offered us a voucher.  We declined due to the uncertainty around Covid and requested a voucher as per our legal entitlement.  

The travel agent advised that it was taking 12 + weeks to process.  However, we are now at week 16 and there is still no sign of a refund.  What is more alarming is that the 3 different staff members I dealt with at the Flight Centre have now all left the company and there is no answer from the listed phone number.   There is only an answerphone in the Dublin office, quoting an email address which I mailed 3 weeks ago.  I haven’t even had an acknowledgement.  I telephoned the Irish Travel Agents Association at that time and they advise me that the company is still trading although it is an English company with a Dublin office.

At this stage I feel the only course of action is to apply for a chargeback on the basis that we didn’t receive the service which we paid for.

Can you advise me how to progress it from here?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear that this is your current situation. You are able to request a chargeback on your Credit Card or Debit Card within 120 days of the transaction you are disputing. For more information on this, please see the link attached here.

As this time has elapsed, it wouldn't be possible to dispute this with ourselves. I'm very sorry we are unable to help you further with this.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

I'm sorry, but I can't accept that.  Customers pay for flights months in advance.  We can't dispute lack of deliver of service until the departure date or in our case 2 weeks beforehand.  So there is no protection from the bank in that instance and that should be clarified in your marketing material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Chancer12,

Thanks for getting back to us. We're really sorry to hear this. If you are still within 120 days of your flight, you can still certainly submit this chargeback request. Our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement