Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

The CEO of An Post is correct, Maddening for Customers

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

This Tweed character, I knew very little about him but my god he was quite the Pig by all accounts

Surprised today's show not brought to us by Aiken Promotions 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Some really evil bstards out there in this world. The absolute terror they cause people.

Astonishing some of the things that have surfaced , also I note some Rugby Heads gone all quite after some ill timed glowing tributes.

• Advertisement

God almighty 😔

Its appalling , A Bigot, Thug, Bully, Abuser, Pedophile , pure evil , extraordinary how this Vile individual had convictions quashed.

Not sure if it's True but I've heard he was protected politically and a prominent member of the Orange Order (Surprise, Surprise) , Ghastly stuff this story

That was Grim 😒

Is An Post's CEO just becoming aware of these problems🤔 this has been going on for 11 months. He seems to think it's the Granny in Sunderlands fault, this is just extraordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

McRedmond - how does he get away with it? An Post have enjoyed a huge increase in parcel & packet delivery in last two years. Over managed, inefficient and wont to throw costs for their inefficiency onto the customer.

Lol, the only company that Gaurentees delivery to every household 🤣, I beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

When the shield of silence comes down from around the Orange Order then there will be lots more Ghastly stories to come.

The price of a stamp?? Get real, who sends letters in any quantity now. The cost rises are in small packets and so on.

This guy is all over the place, it's everyone else's fault , just extraordinary

An Post. The most expensive postal and logistics option in Europe and well up there in the world and they continue to moan about not having enough money. The waste and inefficency in that organisation is staggering. That lad Tony10 stole millions from them and no one noticed for years. I'd say more money leaks out of the An Post network than water from Irish Water network.

I'm just shocked at this guys delusion, just astonishing

Can never understand this nonsense about An Post being a bank or insurance underwriter. They should just stick to delivering parcels and letters and so it well. The costs associated with any of their financial products I've ever looked at are very off putting.

Wtf , he thinks PUP should have gone through post offices, I'm sure the staff would have been thrilled with 100's of thousands of people Queuing at post offices during the pandemic.

He wants to get into Mortgage lending. Yet he claims they don't have enough money to keep the current postal system open. He should **** off to a bank and leave someone who knows about Postal services run An Post.

• Advertisement

This is one arrogant Prick

It impacts on the public if post offices close but it doesn't really make a difference to us in An Post.

He basically admitted he doesn't care about the postal network.

He wants to be DG of RTE next year???

No committment to the current job. Just another professional "chair" floating around the public service boards making a fortune.

That was a very telling admission on his part. He comes across as arrogant and out of touch - a career board of management head who knows little of the sharp end of the service he's supposed to be CEO of. And might float over to another cushy job in RTE if he gets a good offer. Should be held to account and given the boot into the real world!

Couldn't agree more , it was a shocking interview 😳 he'd be well suited to RTE, sit on his arse all day and lash out vasts sums of taxpayers money to talentless buffoons whilst moaning about how little money he has for programming.

I think this GP doesn't realise the entire message is lost at this stage. An absolute farce with PCR testing, Antigen Tests debacle, were does one start, you couldn't make up the shambles of the past few weeks.

I'm just genuinely curious, who do these people think should be paying ordinary workers with a tickly throat, they are clearly not living in the real world . Seriously expecting workers to take a week off unpaid is just impractical.

No one does a Deflection Statement, Quite like the HSE 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Id say the promoters one of RTEs biggest advertising accounts

Advertisement