Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Tiredness and fatigue, god bless these poor teachers, are the TUI for real, just ludicrous

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Tiredness and fatigue, god bless these poor teachers, are the TUI for real, just ludicrous

Are they for fukin real. Been off on full pay since before Patrick's day. Work ;) for a bit,now complaining from exhaustion :)

Are they for fukin real. Been off on full pay since before Patrick's day. Work ;) for a bit,now complaining from exhaustion :)

Makes my blood boil

Workers in hospital wear masks every minute of they're working day,then if they go into any retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Workers in hospital wear masks every minute of they're working day,then if they go into any retail.

We work in a metal working workshop. Welding masks on all day. No stopping. No furlough. Nothing. Some teachers have some necks.

• Advertisement

I had a hospital appointment yesterday, now thats real work, stress and fatigue. This TUI suggestion is just outrageously selfish, but if truth be know, teacher unions have tried everything lamenting trick in the book to close schools since they reopened. I've little regard for this government but on this, stick to your guns and dismiss this nonsense

This TUI rep needs to stop, just stop digging a hole, just appalling to listen to this Sh***, god bless them, teachers have stepped up to mark, F*** right off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

You would have to wonder who within the TUI thought that this was a good idea. Did they not have any idea about how this would look to everybody else? Talk about giving people a stick to beat you with.

Why not just close the schools permanently, and keep paying the teachers, would that suit the teachers even better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Tui have an amazing ability to put their foot in it everytime.

Jen is making the most important point that the notion of a 7 day quarantine means little Johnny can hug granny needs to be stopped now.

Michael Gillespie needs pr advice

You would have to wonder who within the TUI thought that this was a good idea. Did they not have any idea about how this would look to everybody else? Talk about giving people a stick to beat you with.

Why not just close the schools permanently, and keep paying the teachers, would that suit the teachers even better?

They'd be complaining of boredom, it's unfair to their "mental health" ;)

• Advertisement

Blaming knife crime on music ??

Blaming knife crime on music ??

It certainly corrupted my childhood :)

What is is about the greyhound industry and the funding it gets, I just don't get how or why any funding is allocated to this bizzare industry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dose of tantrumitis from yer man there.

Dose of tantrumitis from yer man there.

Bit of a buffoon, I never realised greyhound and horse racing linked re funding.

33,000 jobs, a bit of a stretch

€19 million for the greyhound industry, this is shocking, just amazed few seem to be kicking up a fuss about this, it's outrageous.

McWilliams .. dipstick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

McWilliams .. dipstick

Yep has the answer to everything and explains it like we're all idiots. Dipstick is an understatement

SeaFields wrote: »
    Yep has the answer to everything and explains it like we're all idiots. Dipstick is an understatement

Yes Claire, no Claire, I think Claire, maybe Claire, too much Claire......... :)

• Advertisement

Yes Claire, no Claire, I think Claire, maybe Claire, too much Claire......... :)

What's her name again ? ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

What's her name again ? ;).

Sean !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Neasa Hourigan of the Greens seems to support the forced enclosure of wild animals.

Surely the Greens should be looking for the closure of the zoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

I had a hospital appointment yesterday, now thats real work, stress and fatigue. This TUI suggestion is just outrageously selfish, but if truth be know, teacher unions have tried everything lamenting trick in the book to close schools since they reopened. I've little regard for this government but on this, stick to your guns and dismiss this nonsense

They are burnt out and fatigued after 11 days work, after their 9 day break at Halloween (on top of their 90 day break in the summer, the mid term before that, Easter before that, mid term before that)

God almighty if they are burnt out and fatigued so quickly god help the poor kids

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I listened to the debate and this is a disgrace for Byrne and her researchers as it definitely was not said about the guys past.

https://twitter.com/HollyCairnsTD/status/1329127582520971265

I listened to the debate and this is a disgrace for Byrne and her researchers as it definitely was not said about the guys past.

https://twitter.com/HollyCairnsTD/status/1329127582520971265

Nor was it mentioned that Ms Byrne and her partner are anti greyhound racing and are behind the RTÉ program falsely claiming that thousands of greyhounds are killed every year, having ears cut off or being pumped full of EPO.

Bit of a buffoon, I never realised greyhound and horse racing linked re funding.

I believe that it’s an 80/20 split.

Nor was it mentioned that Ms Byrne and her partner are anti greyhound racing and are behind the RTÉ program falsely claiming that thousands of greyhounds are killed every year, having ears cut off or being pumped full of EPO.

Why would that be an excuse for not giving the councillor's background?

Who said it was false BTW? These claims are made about greyhound racing all over the world.

Why would that be an excuse for not giving the councillor's background?

Who said it was false BTW? These claims are made about greyhound racing all over the world.

To start with, greyhounds can be traced through DNA. Every litter bred has its parents DNA stored. So destroying their earmarks is an exercise in futility.

When collating the figures of greyhounds “disappearing” every year, the number coursed only or sold abroad wasn’t allowed for.

Those opposed to greyhound racing know only too well how to pull at people’s heartstrings! I, for one, was glad to have the issue of greyhounds put down in knackeries highlighted.

One scene of a greyhound being boiled alive has been doing the rounds for years and seems to be the only evidence available of such practice.

• Advertisement

To start with, greyhounds can be traced through DNA. Every litter bred has its parents DNA stored. So destroying their earmarks is an exercise in futility.

When collating the figures of greyhounds “disappearing” every year, the number coursed only or sold abroad wasn’t allowed for.

Those opposed to greyhound racing know only too well how to pull at people’s heartstrings! I, for one, was glad to have the issue of greyhounds put down in knackeries highlighted.

One scene of a greyhound being boiled alive has been doing the rounds for years and seems to be the only evidence available of such practice.

So this practice being reported all around the world is false, because the greyhound industry says so? Was there any independent finding that supports this?

Advertisement