Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

We've being doing it wrong. Prayer will protect us. And if we die, God will bring us back to life.
    **** the mad scientists with their feet grounded in reality.

Pray to god for a 3G signal, solution is obvious you big eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I feel lepreacy coming on, might just pop over to this priest

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Claire is adopting a very, very different tone to this gob****e, than she did around the Clifden Golf outing!

Dreadful broadcasting.

I'm sure he was in a father Ted Episode :)

• Advertisement

Giving this person 15 minutes of national airtime to promote his agenda, in complete violation of the regulations, it’s about time Claire shut him down

But it does serve the useful purpose of reducing the amount of time that could be spent on calling RTE out for the behaviour of a number of their presenters (and many others) breaching the rules in its own reception area. Unbelievable stuff

Claire is adopting a very, very different tone to this gob****e, than she did around the Clifden Golf outing!

Dreadful broadcasting.

Still a hangover of deference to old members of the clergy just because of who they are, he should be gutted.

The sun? It must be right then :)

No one available from RTE? we're is she broadcasting from!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

If its not an official RTE website it looks like it uses RTE name and branding. I can see how people would get confused.

https://www.superannrte.ie/

• Advertisement

For me, what website it was published on isn’t the issue

The issue is - it happened!!

Dempo1 wrote: »

Brian Dobson will no doubt deal with it on the One o’clock news

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

RTE is the nearest thing to a ‘black hole’ about anything concerning them one can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The way McDaid pronounces Nphet - Nef - IT

McDaid statements need to be fact checked more by Claire.

Pity so much airtime being given to Nphet bashing for political reasons

Infoanon wrote: »
    The show ran over because Claire spent too much time on fluffy stuff and got to Vicky Phelan at approx 11.57 iirc

Ultimately the producer is to blame.

JFC giving a victim of cancer screening failures 3 minutes and blaming her for interfering with Ronan Collins' slot - a bit insensitive to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

"Investigation in the FAI"

A reliable old chestnut and a headline for RTE that seems to get rinsed off and reused about every 3 to 6 months. :D

Will they ever sort themselves out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Extraordinary to hear Lisa Chambers, Lynn Boylan and Mick Clifford excusing the RTE Retirement Bash. The attendees at the RTE bash are the self same people who rightly went after the attendees at the Clifden Golf dinner. I really don't see any difference between the two events.

Extraordinary to hear Lisa Chambers providing excuses for Father Hughes (the priest on earlier).

Lisa calls him 'thought provoking ' - he dismissed science and law and claimed faith will save (backing his statement with God raised people from the dead).

Mick CliffOrd in fairness didn't excuse the RTE behaviour.

Extraordinary to hear Lisa Chambers, Lynn Boylan and Mick Clifford excusing the RTE Retirement Bash. The attendees at the RTE bash are the self same people who rightly went after the attendees at the Clifden Golf dinner. I really don't see any difference between the two events.

Yes 👏 agree there, sure out in RTE it was just a “silly mistake” a “one off” they have apologized so it’s all blown over and swept under the carpet.

I hope someone has the nads to say to either McCullagh or O’Callaghan if they bring up a similar issue with them,to get knotted, who are you to be questioning me on issues like this, clean up your own house, dude.

The bould Lynn of course tried to turn everything into an anti Govt stance.

Used every opportunity to sling the mud and name check as many Ministers as possible in a blatant effort to involve as many as she could in the Seamus Woulfe story.

Strangely silent and accepting of the RTE issues though.

Uhmmmmmm......

Lot of anger out there...

Mick Clifford calling the Helen McEntee situation very well and identified the questions to be asked.

Lisa Chambers changed her approach after Micks explanation and Lisa did a bit of name checking herself.

Lynn was Lynn but Lisa wasn't doing much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

Mick Clifford calling the Helen McEntee situation very well and identified the questions to be asked.

Lisa Chambers changed her approach after Micks explanation and Lisa did a bit of name checking herself.

Lynn was Lynn but Lisa wasn't doing much better.

Mick Clifford was good I thought and I liked his point about the need for a bit of enforcement around the Covid restrictions to make them credible...bit of a cultural change needed for that to happen unfortunately.

At least we didn't have to listen to Louise O'Reilly...she was on Pat's equivalent slot...unbearable.

Cole wrote: »
    Mick Clifford was good I thought and I liked his point about the need for a bit of enforcement around the Covid restrictions to make them credible...bit of a cultural change needed for that to happen unfortunately.

At least we didn't have to listen to Louise O'Reilly...she was on Pat's equivalent slot...unbearable.

Amen to that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

If they had called them out on it, they'd get no easy ride from RTE for a good while. That's the way it works. Appalling behaviour and whoever put the photos out in public has their head in the clouds.

This level system is a farce, level 3 and a bit, level 3+ me A***.

They'll have to find a way to allow hospitality open and for good, there's not a chance in hell restaurants will open for 3 weeks only to be closed again, notwithstanding staff going back and then being told go sign on for JSA on the 1st January. These lobby groups talk about viability, business, survival, rarely about the staff. Open fully or just stay closed until March or when Vaccines being rolled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

who is this woman on now

using pure speculation and constantly blaming alcohol

who is this woman on now

She's in charge of public health in the Midlands I believe, I'm curious about this card game?, she mentioned many families involved but also a SCHOOL???, WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

She's in charge of public health in the Midlands I believe, I'm curious about this card game?, she mentioned many families involved but also a SCHOOL???, WTF?

People are traumatized !!!

who is this woman on now

Doctor Kelly talking facts and evidence.

No speculation - that was the Indo guy.

Schools- there have been outbreaks in school and linked to schools - it's not a big secret.

Doctor Kelly talking facts and evidence.

No speculation - that was the Indo guy.

Well said :)

• Advertisement

People are traumatized !!!

The loosers of the poker game were

Advertisement