Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Back to Donnybrook-gate. There's something afoot.

Fuk off with yer Cavan celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Who took the photos? My guess is they directed the circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

OFFS, RTE photogate.

I do wonder however, how can those caught actually be allowed to comment now, on anything pandemic related

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Can't wait for videos of the celebrations in Cavan to emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Getting her defence in first - the photos from the Cavan GAA event paint a different picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RTE not supplying RTE with a spokesperson, who do they think they are, the FAI?

There apparently celebrating a break through in Cavan, how to peel, not just one, but 2 oranges in their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Infoanon wrote: »
    Doctor Kelly talking facts and evidence.

No speculation - that was the Indo guy.

She is obviously anti alcohol as tried to drag it in to every topic.

She also could not back up her claims with any evidence

She basically was using anecdotal evidence to back up her claims and is meant to be a health expert.

Others could use anecdotal evidence to support their opposing view equally as strong.

She then said oh here experience in restaurant was good but she thinks other pub settings probably arent.

It is a scary time when health experts are using pure unscientific hearsay to back up their decisions and concerns.

RTE not supplying RTE with a spokesperson, who do they think they are, the FAI?

Yes, extraordinary, absolutely no excuse, just amazes me, I assume this and other RTE programs being broadcast FROM.... , Guess where? RTE, not to much to ask Dee (pay for your TV license Forbes) to pop down the corridor.

The celebration photos have starter to emerge.:)

• Advertisement

The celebration photos have starter to emerge.:)

OMG, too funny, LOL :)

Here we go, Impeachment, just an absurd notion at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Paul Murphy is a bit late with his bandwagon-jumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Here we go, Impeachment, just an absurd notion at this stage

Not really, there is no process for the Chief Justice to implement disciplinary action. He has already called for Seamus to step down which he has refused to do so. Impeachment is the only remaining option.

The government refusing to initial the impeachment hearing is a slap in the face of the chief justice's view that seamus's position is untenable.

She is obviously anti alcohol as tried to drag it in to every topic.
    It is a scary time when health experts are using pure unscientific hearsay to back up their decisions and concerns.

Dr.Kelly - who is involved with the track and trace system in the Midlands - confirmed outbreaks linked to pubs and restaurants in the Midlands.

In your head this makes her anti alcohol and the evidence is unscientific hearsay !

Dr.Kelly also pointed out , in reference to the earlier UCC students, that Alcohol is the one thing you don't consume if you are depressed. That is a medical fact.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Thought he was in hiding given his lack of bandwagon jumping in recent weeks.

Claire watched 2 hours of the Crown last night - hopefully she realises it's primarily fictional and not an accurate historic record of events.

Not really, there is no process for the Chief Justice to implement disciplinary action. He has already called for Seamus to step down which he has refused to do so. Impeachment is the only remaining option.

The government refusing to initial the impeachment hearing is a slap in the face of the chief justice's view that seamus's position is untenable.

Fair point but at this stage, Government not going down impeachment Road, Susan Dennham has said its not a resignation issue, Chief Justice has pretty much cocked up by damaging any prospect of a fair hearing if it went to impeachment and by default to supreme Court. I do agree there's something fishy about the cosy cartel arrangement on the appointment, that's really were the focus should be I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Fair point but at this stage, Government not going down impeachment Road, Susan Dennham has said its not a resignation issue, Chief Justice has pretty much cocked up by damaging any prospect of a fair hearing if it went to impeachment and by default to supreme Court. I do agree there's something fishy about the cosy cartel arrangement on the appointment, that's really were the focus should be I think.

Well the CJ's view came from seamus behaviour after the Dennham report including using excuses to avoid meeting with the CJ.

Impeachment is matter for the Dail and Seanad, i don't understand your "by default to supreme court". Impeachment is a political trial, not a criminal trial.

There is no doubt the appointment and disciplinary process are part of the problem but unfortunately sucessive government have been relutant to amend the constitution. Its crazy to think a judge could give the two fingers to his boss with no fear of any punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

OFFS, RTE photogate.

I do wonder however, how can those caught actually be allowed to comment now, on anything pandemic related

What a coincidence that the all had an "error of judgement" at the same time and in the same place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Can't stand him. Looking to get everyone investigated and sacked for every little thing. If anyone else behaved like him at the infamous water charges protest he'd be the first person pointing fingers. How he got reelected I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

I don't know where this segment is going. But surely they can get on the housing list if this has been going on for "years".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I don't know where this segment is going. But surely they can get on the housing list if this has been going on for "years".

Wonder same thing myself.

It's always tricky to discuss these things, and I wouldn't begrudge anyone running water or electricity, but I often wonder how so many people relying on these basic facilities can't just get together and get the issues fixed like anyone else would have to - rather than putting up with it. I mean not being able to use a washing machine 'cause the heating is on or vice versa is a pretty basic problem which should be fixable - can the families involved not just throw a few quid in and get the problem fixed? Whether people are working or not, there is an income for every single adult there coming in each week.

Even if you believe the councils should fix everything for you, surely you get to the point of being completely pissed off with the situation and would just get it fixed yourself?

So the Department of Finance hired EY to do research on the spread of Covid ?? What a waste of money

Edit Claire just asked the question....Pascal's answer was interesting to say the least.

EY I assume went to medical professionals to get the answer.

I find it difficult to believe a word from Donohue's mouth

Runs rings around most presenters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

He usually doesn't answer the actual question he was asked and then if interrupted to try and bring it back he will usually reply with "if I may just continue".

Claire trying to get the DUP to admit a mistake ! Ends up with finger pointing at communication failures in the Irish government. ..

Fionnan Sheehan setting Helen Mc Enter up for a fall with him basically saying only a misstep by Helen will result in her resigning over the Seamus Woulfe debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Agnes Boucher-Hayes
    Who??

• Advertisement

Jesus the barrel being seriously scrapped, Dill and Corriander? wtf

Advertisement