Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

zell12 wrote: »
    Agnes Boucher-Hayes
    Who??

She has to be related to that sanctimonious twat Philip?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Infoanon wrote: »
    Fionnan Sheehan setting Helen Mc Enter up for a fall with him basically saying only a misstep by Helen will result in her resigning over the Seamus Woulfe debacle.
    No-one will be resigning over the Seamus Woulfe debacle - least of all Seamus Woulfe.

However, it certainly has shone a spotlight on the process of appointing judges which stinks. If I'm a judge interested in applying for an appointment I have to contact the Attorney General - who may be applying for the same job through a different route.

It's obvious now that the whole thing was rotten - but there's not a damn thing Micheál Martin can do about it, or Leo Varadkar will pull the plug on the government, thus depriving Micheál of his only opportunity to do the one job he really really wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dempo1 wrote: »
    She has to be related to that sanctimonious twat Philip?
    It is a very very common name y'understand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Agnes Boucher-Hayes
    Who??

She was on a few weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

It is a very very common name y'understand
    Infoanon wrote: »
    She was on a few weeks ago...

Maybe Phillip has gone fluid, but 'Phyllis' was taken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Still more believable than landing on the moon all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I didn't have the time to listen this morning, but the promo on Rising Time had 'How Santy will take care around COVID' or something similar on. I mean, FFS how many small kids listen to the bloody programme? I certainly hope it wasn't a proper slot on it. She has to be actively involved in the dumbing down of the programme, it's sad to see it go this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

KevRossi wrote: »
    I didn't have the time to listen this morning, but the promo on Rising Time had 'How Santy will take care around COVID' or something similar on. I mean, FFS how many small kids listen to the bloody programme? I certainly hope it wasn't a proper slot on it. She has to be actively involved in the dumbing down of the programme, it's sad to see it go this way.

Sadly the show enduced me to vomit in dispair and yes, the Santa article was just beyond ludicrous, apparently Claire said it was or the younger listener's, show just getting worse by the hour, bring back Sarah, please

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Was that the thing with some "Proffesso" going on about Santa's immune system and ****e about him being older than the virus?

Jesus I don't mind Evelyn Cusack or Siobhan Ryan telling us, on Xmas eve, that Santa would have a trouble free route from the North Pole . But that was some pile of Sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

sligojoek wrote: »
    Was that the thing with some "Proffesso" going on about Santa's immune system and ****e about him being older than the virus?

Jesus I don't mind Evelyn Cusack or Siobhan Ryan telling us, on Xmas eve, that Santa would have a trouble free route from the North Pole . But that was some pile of Sh1te.

Following up on Simon Coveney's Dáil statement. A bit of craic for younger listeners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Following up on Simon Coveney's Dáil statement. A bit of craic for younger listeners.

I get that Francie. Hence the second part of my post. But I can't imagine too many listening to Claire's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

sligojoek wrote: »
    I get that Francie. Hence the second part of my post. But I can't imagine too many listening to Claire's show.

Nor to the Dáil I would imagine. Not hard to figure out what happens in homes with children though, you get the children to listen to it.

It's a 'magazine' style programme, designed to have something for everyone. It should be criticised with that in mind. Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Do today’s promo has in first place that she’ll be discussing white, black and brown chocolate with Darina Allen and which one is best for cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

I can hear Claire snacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

This is Claire's strength - how many folk shd you have in church / at funerals during covid.

Cutting edge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

john123470 wrote: »
    This is Claire's strength - how many folk shd you have in church / at funerals during covid.

Cutting edge

And is the body in repose at funerals counted in these numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

KevRossi wrote: »
    Do today’s promo has in first place that she’ll be discussing white, black and brown chocolate with Darina Allen and which one is best for cooking.

Here she comes now, have the Allens some dirt on someone in montrose or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Just in, turned on the radio. Drina fukin Ailen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Darina must have nearly shat herself there when Claire said she was going to start with a controversial subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Darina must have nearly shat herself there when Claire said she was going to start with a controversial subject.

Sums up everything that is wrong with the Claire Byrne show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Jesus the barrel being seriously scrapped, Dill and Corriander? wtf

Ah was Newstalks finest woke broadcaster back on air?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

The headline spot on Irish radio's flagship current affairs show and they are having a natter about wans queuing for PJ's....

I'm done with this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,907 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

RINO87 wrote: »
    The headline spot on Irish radio's flagship current affairs show and they are having a natter about wans queuing for PJ's....

I'm done with this show.

I have never listened to this show live, it's always been podcast. I usually listen to a good amount of the podcasts each day, this was the case with SOR and Sarah McInerney. I am finding that none of the topics for Claire Byrne's show are at all appealing. Now I am actively skipping all Covid talk, so that does take up a good chunk of the show which is fair enough, but the topics are not what I would expect on the Today show. Better off on d'Arcy's slot really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

Fair play to Alan Kelly...one of the few members of the Dail to rip into the Brian Stanley/Sinn Fein hypocrisy. The rest seem to have all agreed to let this one slide....including Kelly's king of outrage colleague Aodhan Ó Ríordain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Cole wrote: »
    Fair play to Alan Kelly...one of the few members of the Dail to rip into the Brian Stanley/Sinn Fein hypocrisy. The rest seem to have all agreed to let this one slide....including Kelly's king of outrage colleague Aodhan Ó Ríordain.

I'd say he had strong words with Sherlock after his performance.

CB really is a lost cause on this show. The Gathering slot was awful...had an open goal with the unusually subdued Louise O'Reilly on the back foot, but she just danced around in circles with her and Niall Collins from FF. When you're relying on Colette Browne to focus the whole discussion back onto the topic, you know this show is fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Cole wrote: »
    CB really is a lost cause on this show. The Gathering slot was awful...had an open goal with the unusually subdued Louise O'Reilly on the back foot, but she just danced around in circles with her and Niall Collins from FF. When you're relying on Colette Browne to focus the whole discussion back onto the topic, you know this show is fcuked.

CB would be more suited to a “Loose Women” type of show!

Getting heady with Mary Lou. Claire in full clobber mode this morning.

She has Mary Lou well rattled.

• Advertisement

Totally ineffective though. Mary Lou was able to handle it easily. CB is a really poor interviewer when it comes to anything of substance...useless at this kind of stuff.

Advertisement