Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Did he bring one to distract from the fact that he is the jester?

Damn auto correct - you are being very unfair to Jesters !

After listening to this interview I can only come to the conclusion that our Minister of Health does not have a plan after March 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

zell12 wrote: »
    What is you favourite colour, minister?
    When the big hand is at six, and the little hand at one, what time is it?
    Literally this was the interview.

She is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Dempo1 wrote: »

She did but it was raised far too late into the section for the issue to get any traction.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

She did but it was raised far too late into the section for the issue to get any traction.

Yes agreed, there's more to this story I believe, hopefully a real journalist will do some digging.

This interview was just appalling, seems like Donnelly brought in for a fire side chat, just disgraceful really.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Damn auto correct - you are being very unfair to Jesters !

After listening to this interview I can only come to the conclusion that our Minister of Health does not have a plan after March 5th.

After listening to this utter nonsense I'm even more confused, infact alarmed. How did this chap ever get this portfolio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes agreed, there's more to this story I believe, hopefully a real journalist will do some digging.

This interview was just appalling, seems like Donnelly brought in for a fire side chat, just disgraceful really.

He was allowed to say it was a conversation between one private citizen and another. :confused:

He was allowed to say it was a conversation between one private citizen and another. :confused:

It certainly was not, this Dempsey fella sent an unsolicited DM to the doctor and if I've read the contents correctly they were extremely disturbing and menacing.

It certainly was not, this Dempsey fella sent an unsolicited DM to the doctor and if I've read the contents correctly they were extremely disturbing and menacing.

I know. She didn't push him on that. The guy works for him.

Ridiculous questioning really.

Claire...

We've a text from a listener

Texter.......

Please, please, please Stop

Donnelly.....

I hear the listener, I sympathise but As I've said, I'm just brilliant at everything I do, would you agree Claire?

Claire......

Yes Minister and I love your shiny head

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

The spokesperson from the Gardai didn't sound too happy, was only half listening here in the workshop, Byrne seemed to get rid of her pretty quickly?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭zell12

crazy music again?
    Edit: oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Anyone who has anxiety about covid should turn off the radio and stop watching the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Donnelly is floundering and should be replaced immediately. Every time I hear him my confidence in the government response is further eroded- bring back Simon Harris.

Has to be Roisin Shorthaul...has all the answers. Co-Opt her NOW !!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Sponsored by amazon prime today it seems so many mentions in 5 minutes.

Enjoyed Billy Kelleher having his arse handed to him, just embarrassing this EU vaccine debacle

Enjoyed Billy Kelleher having his arse handed to him, just embarrassing this EU vaccine debacle

The wrong person to send out to bat no doubt, but what do you do against the Britannia Rules The Waves nonsense from the likes of Bridgen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Sponsored by amazon prime today it seems so many mentions in 5 minutes.

I always find it funny when RTE does a tv section and doesn't recommend any Irish/RTE shows.

The wrong person to send out to bat no doubt, but what do you do against the Britannia Rules The Waves nonsense from the likes of Bridgen.

Hmmm, not sure I'd agree, Bridgen made some interesting points and one in particular struck me, if Britain was still in the EU, its vaccine Roll out would be a fraction of what is currently (alot better than any EU country, including Ireland, sadly)

Hmmm, not sure I'd agree, Bridgen made some interesting points and one in particular struck me, if Britain was still in the EU, its vaccine Roll out would be a fraction of what is currently (alot better than any EU country, including Ireland, sadly)

We simply don't know what the details are yet. Whoopie for the UK, but I know where I would rather be, vaccine rollout or not. 100,000 dead would probably have included the older generation of my family, who have thankfully survived here, in the EU, so far.

There is a lot of water to flow under the bridge (n :)) still.

We simply don't know what the details are yet. Whoopie for the UK, but I know where I would rather be, vaccine rollout or not. 100,000 dead would probably have included the older generation of my family, who have thankfully survived here, in the EU, so far.

There is a lot of water to flow under the bridge still.

Fair points

• Advertisement

Fair points

The UK gambled going early, before proper testing/approval, that paid off, they have also massively gambled on delaying the second jab and it remains to be seen if that pays off, if they get it wrong the implications are horrendous for the people of the UK.

Leaky Leo, just can't help himself, announcing at last nights FG parliamentary party meeting, Level 4 a possibility after 5th March. Less than two days after grim long term predictions.

When will this buffon get the concept of just stopping with kite flying nonsense. Is it any wonder Public conference is so low when government can't just make a decision, stick to it and then review at an appropriate time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It's announced that we're level 5 until 5th March. "What's the exit strategy for level 5?" - "Level 4". I wouldn't see it as kite flying, more like the obvious bloody answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

yer one in new zealand talking about a contingent coming over here for her wedding

and nobody pulled her up on it.

yer one in new zealand talking about a contingent coming over here for her wedding

and nobody pulled her up on it.

Wedding is in 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wedding is in 2022

that's only a year away no chance of contingents from anywhere i'd hope!

that's only a year away no chance of contingents from anywhere i'd hope!

Gosh there's no hope if a wedding can't go ahead in June 2022.but I get your point

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nothing obvious about lecherous Leaky Leo

What do you mean, lecherous?

You do know what lecherous means don't you?

I'll give you a clue, it's not a political charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

FG supporter??

OK, I'll take my comment back if it makes you feel better

Good decision dude, because it’s a quite dangerous comment to make, in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Good decision dude, because it’s a quite dangerous comment to make, in my opinion.

Dude? What's this the wild west, dangerous comment?? Slight exaggerated and quite tame given other comments out there, whatever rows your both I guess.

Advertisement