Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Dude? What's this the wild west, dangerous comment?? Slight exaggerated and quite tame given other comments out there, whatever rows your both I guess.

Put it this way, buddy, you had a think and pulled back fairly rapid.

Why?

Because it’s not true and putting out stuff like that on platforms like this, which if not true, could cost you.

Dangerous territory to dip your toe into.

Just sayin, .....only sayin...... tryin to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Put it this way, buddy, you had a think and pulled back fairly rapid.

Why?

Because it’s not true and putting out stuff like that on platforms like this, which if not true, could cost you.

Dangerous territory to dip your toe into.

Just sayin, .....only sayin...... tryin to help out.

I'm not your Buddy, I've noticed a certain type of poster uses absurd discriptions when responding to comments they don't like, Mate, Buddy, Dude etc. Quite embarrassing and very odd almost childish and maybe even threatening, I just don't know but equally not interested in engaging with you any further.

I've removed my offending post, not because of your sillyness but because I reflected on the word I used which was incorrect,

Perhaps, Cunning, Devious, Inept and certainly Leaky would have sufficed. I can think of many many more but they might offend your sensibilities.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I'm not your Buddy, I've noticed a certain type of poster uses absurd discriptions when responding to comments they don't like, Mate, Buddy, Dude etc. Quite embarrassing and very odd almost childish and maybe even threatening, I just don't know but equally not interested in engaging with you any further.

I've removed my offending post, not because of your sillyness but because I reflected on the word I used which was incorrect,

Perhaps, Cunning, Devious, Inept and certainly Leaky would have sufficed. I can think of many many more but they might offend your sensibilities.

I think you made a good decision there , well done and ..well.... very sensible.

I think you made a good decision there , well done and ..well.... very sensible.

Gosh, I just got a feeling of immense enlightenment, thanks

Gosh, I just got a feeling of immense enlightenment, thanks

I’m in your corner Dee, you might not think it, but I am.

Stay safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Could I throw “Arrogant” into the pot?

I’m in your corner Dee, you might not think it, but I am.

Stay safe.

You too

Could I throw “Arrogant” into the pot?

Of course you can :)

Of course you can :)

I’ve a few more up my Sleeveen!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

Could Clare be the best ever Laois export, or does Sean O'Rourke keep the title?

• Advertisement

gourcuff wrote: »
    Could Clare be the best ever Laois export, or does Sean O'Rourke keep the title?

O’Rourke isn’t Laois as far as I know?

Galway?

O’Rourke isn’t Laois as far as I know?

Galway?

Born in portlaoise and Claire Mountrath (absolute) kip of a place

gourcuff wrote: »

Sean born in portlaoise, Claire, Mountrath

Born in portlaoise and Claire Mountrath (absolute) kip of a place

The Town that time forgot!

The Town that time forgot!

Yes Mountrath & Mountmellick known as the ugly sisters in Laois :)

Actually surprising the amount of RTE celebs from Laois, Eileen Dunne local to me (I'm a blow in even after 20 years) :)

God this is painful

Gabriel Scally will put the cat amongst the Pidgeons re Zero Covid strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Kelly calling the UK a rogue state, ah for heavens sake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not Kelly, O'Riordain.

Even as he said it he checked himself.

I'd be inclined to give him a bye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well it did come as close to being one as any EU member since the foundation of the EEC. And may very well yet become one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

elperello wrote: »
    Not Kelly, O'Riordain.

Even as he said it he checked himself.

I'd be inclined to give him a bye on it.

Ok my mistake, silly remark anyway

Hmmmm insurance refunds,

I doubt very much this year, I get my car insurance through AN Post, policy with Avviva and not a cent of a refund, I believe Avviva were the only shower not to refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

Hmmmm insurance refunds,

I doubt very much this year, I get my car insurance through AN Post, policy with Avviva and not a cent of a refund, I believe Avviva were the only shower not to refund.

Why no refund this year? I don’t believe the motor insurers are facing the normal level of claims.

Insurance Ireland CEO says there was an increase of 10% in serious accident claims last year although there was a reduction in minor accidents. If so, there is something very wrong with the lockdown. She seems to be saying people are avoiding the motorways and speeding on backroads. She also claims premiums are going down overall.I’m not seeing it.

The insurance regulator seems to deny there are fewer Increase of 10% in serious accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Hmmmm insurance refunds,

I got a 15e refund last year. My car didn't leave the driveway for 3months.

Refunds, haha! An Post/AIG rewarded me by a €300 increase in premium. I then went straight to AIG website and got same cover for €50 less than last year.

Refunds, haha! An Post/AIG rewarded me by a €300 increase in premium. I then went straight to AIG website and got same cover for €50 less than last year.

Fair play but curious how you did this as an existing AIG customer, I understood if you've a policy through a broker (an post) but went direct to insurer, they wouldn't quote? Just curious as I might do the same in in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

Switched over from Pat Kenny while he chatted with Mary Lou. I'm not sure which is worse...listening to Mary Lou's waffle or the ill-informed ignorance of Tanya Airey.

Cole wrote: »
    Switched over from Pat Kenny while he chatted with Mary Lou. I'm not sure which is worse...listening to Mary Lou's waffle or the ill-informed ignorance of Tanya Airey.

I can confirm both equally irratating albeit you've got to admit Tanya's surname quite Apt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I can confirm both equally irratating albeit you've got to admit Tanya's surname quite Apt :)

I always thought it was her forename that is the most apt -

Tan Ya from Sunway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is RBB on the toilet? A lot of heavy breathing going on

Advertisement