Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Not looking good for the master of the Coombe, if this is True, it's beyond outrageous. Did I hear correctly children of the Master got vaccinated over essential workers?

You did indeed hear correctly that medical students of particularly vulnerable ethnicities got overlooked in favour of the Master's own family. Corruption is alive and well in Ireland, and CB very limited at proving it in interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just one side of the story as usual, there were plenty of people who were there protesting peacefully, but that doesn't interest RTE. They just want to paint all the people who were there as thugs, and the Gardaí's behaviour as nothing less than impeccable.

I'm not defending the small number of thugs but I sense this is being blown out of all proportion. I was looking at the Web camera which covers o connell Street, GPO and not more than 100 demonstrators were in attendance, admittedly it was about 2 hours after the disgraceful scenes on grafton Street but I have to wonder were all these alleged 1000"s of protesters went?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

You did indeed hear correctly that medical students of particularly vulnerable ethnicities got overlooked in favour of the Master's own family. Corruption is alive and well in Ireland, and CB very limited at proving it in interviews.

the hse is all about protecting its structures , it really not fit for purpose at this point it needs a senior staff reform and focus on caring for patients and its staff (and when i staff i mean all the lower end nurses cleaners porter's etc etc)

the hse is all about protecting its structures , it really not fit for purpose at this point it needs a senior staff reform and focus on caring for patients and its staff (and when i staff i mean all the lower end nurses cleaners porter's etc etc)

I felt at the time the HSE senior management were quite tame in their critism of the Master of the Coombe, seems extraordinary this has happened but then again maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The professor who has endangered her position by whistleblowing is now under 'legal advice' to shut the feck up.

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The professor who has endangered her position by whistleblowing is now under 'legal advice' to shut the feck up.

Where's that being reported? Was this report not commissioned?

Poor Pearse Doherty won't be happy with BOI closing the branch in his home town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Where's that being reported? Was this report not commissioned?

The Irish Times article.
    "Contacted by The Irish Times, Prof Murphy said the issue was of public importance. “I have received legal warnings about confidentiality in relation to this matter, and in particular about engaging with the media . . . and am therefore unable to assist you at this time.”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Healy Rae and Doherty on the same page for once, even if it is the wrong page of the debate.

Doherty normally talks sense but completely out of touch when it comes to why Banks are closing branches, I wonder has he heard about the KBC model?

Now MHR about to talk S****, will Claire ask him about his property portfolio? I think not

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The Irish Times article.
    "Contacted by The Irish Times, Prof Murphy said the issue was of public importance. “I have received legal warnings about confidentiality in relation to this matter, and in particular about engaging with the media . . . and am therefore unable to assist you at this time.”

Apologies, didn't see that, this makes this even worse, disgraceful actually.

Healy Rae and Doherty on the same page for once, even if it is the wrong page of the debate.

Says it all really :)

God MHR is insufferable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Not looking good for the master of the Coombe, if this is True, it's beyond outrageous. Did I hear correctly children of the Master got vaccinated over essential workers?

I thought the previous story was that there was nobody there who they could give the vaccination to, so rather than throw the vaccination down the sink he gave it to his kids.

I thought the previous story was that there was nobody there who they could give the vaccination to, so rather than throw the vaccination down the sink he gave it to his kids.

Me too but clearly this is looking like it was not the case.

Doherty normally talks sense but completely out of touch when it comes to why Banks are closing branches, I wonder has he heard about the KBC model?

It's obvious why bank footfall is down; almost all of the services offered by branches are offered either online or on the phone (Loans, account services, financial advice.) or via hole in the walls and ATM on a 24-7 basis (Cash withdrawals, statement ordering, lodgements). The introduction of the Euro and card backing services from MasterCard/Visa Debit has largely done away with most of the need for foreign currency counters as well.

As for Healy Rae, well you'd swear that everybody in Kerry does their business on a cash only basis the way he went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Now MHR about to talk S****, will Claire ask him about his property portfolio? I think not

Why would she? What has that got to do with the issue?

Why would she? What has that got to do with the issue?

Nothing new in Claire asking an obscure question generally, just like asking a photo journalist could he confirm there was urine in bottles thrown at Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Nothing new in Claire asking an obscure question generally, just like asking a photo journalist could he confirm there was urine in bottles thrown at Gardai

Because he was there and witnessed it, MHR's property (and i depsise him fwiw) are totally irrelevant. Maybe on an issue concerning tenants rights, rent controls etc yes ask him then

Eamon Dunphy's on now.

If CB can't control a politician....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

Eamon Dunphy's on now.

If CB can't control a politician....

He think's Stephen Kenny is open to anyone playing for Ireland who qualifies! That'll come as news to the likes of premiership striker Michael Obafami who has seen semi-professionals from League of Ireland selected ahead of him.

CB is speaking to two "Instagrammers" about their houses, one of whom works full time as a "shoe designer".

Even by the regular standards of fluff this is a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Even by the regular standards of fluff this is a new low.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

seems like an advertising slot

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So depressing listening to the GP from Connemara and the shambles of dealing with the HSE, they are an absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was thinking the other day, you'd miss Paddy O'Gorman from this show. I don't know if he retired fully, or if it's strictly due to Covid, and obviously vox-pops during Covid aren't the best idea, but would love to hear some of his reporting...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Must be retired or doing it for safety, as Henry McKean (who I am convinced is DOB lovechild) as how he has a job is beyond me, is constantly at them.

dulpit wrote: »
    I was thinking the other day, you'd miss Paddy O'Gorman from this show. I don't know if he retired fully, or if it's strictly due to Covid, and obviously vox-pops during Covid aren't the best idea, but would love to hear some of his reporting...

I think Paddy's inserts were independent productions, as were Valerie Cox's. Maybe they were victims of budgetary cuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think Paddy's inserts were independent productions, as were Valerie Cox's. Maybe they were victims of budgetary cuts?

Valerie Cox was definitely an RTÉ staff member, as she took a case against them when she was forced to retire at 65: https://www.thejournal.ie/valerie-cox-rte-3918063-Mar2018/ (she had a separate contract for the in the papers bit), I always assumed Paddy O'Gorman was staff too, but might be wrong? According to his twitter page (https://twitter.com/paddyogormanrte?lang=en) he was born in 1957, so he's not yet at retirement age...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

pc7 wrote: »
    So depressing listening to the GP from Connemara and the shambles of dealing with the HSE, they are an absolute nightmare.

Had to turn it off, so maddening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,565 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You have to laugh about all the constant mental health concerns in the media and then they proceed to hound Gordon Elliott every single day since the story broke, he apologised, what more do they want from the man?

Advertisement