Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Simon Harris doing yet another car crash interview on CB.

She is giving him a soft easy interview but he is still effing up.

What the hell is this guys secret?

Utterly devoid of charisma, a college drop out, a political failure on multiple fronts, yet still a cabinet minister !?

Definitely not a failure so......:confused:

Only in your dreams compadre.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,063 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Piece on good interviews
    Marian Finucane v Joe Jacobs
    Vincent Browne v.Stephen Donnelly
    Parkinson v Meg Ryan
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭LennieB

zell12 wrote: »
    Piece on good interviews
    Parkinson v Meg Ryan
    etc

Enjoyed that segment with Anton - nice break from all the other stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

Piece on good interviews
    Vincent Browne v.Stephen Donnelly
    Parkinson v Meg Ryan
    etc

I don't listen anymore, but I presume you could all hear the shuffling of paper as CB frantically took notes on how to conduct a decent interview.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Cole wrote: »
    I don't listen anymore, but I presume you could all hear the shuffling of paper as CB frantically took notes on how to conduct a decent interview.

No, on the contrary CB seemed to be familiar with most of the interviews.

You can take from that what you want.

Interesting piece of radio, kudos to Anton, Claire and the producer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Mary Lou enjoying Leos latest silly gaff :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Mary Lou enjoying Leos latest silly gaff :)

Claire rinsed her about the vaccines and what she would do different.

I had to turn off towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,063 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Mary Lou comes across significantly better than either Micheal or Leo
    I'm a bit shocked by it tbh

Claire rinsed her about the vaccines and what she would do different.

I had to turn off towards the end.

Yes, I'll grant you that, I can't understand what part of "there is NO spare Vacinnes" opposition parties don't get or understand. I'm not happy about it but have to accept that fact.

• Advertisement

Mary Lou comes across significantly better than either Micheal or Leo
    I'm a bit shocked by it tbh

She does at the best of times but I suspect the inherent uncomfortableness of MM & Leo having to be in coalition not helping their presentation skills, albeit for the first time ever, it seems leaks from both parliamentary parties suggest the same message being transmitted.

She does at the best of times but I suspect the inherent uncomfortableness of MM & Leo having to be in coalition not helping their presentation skills, albeit for the first time ever, it seems leaks from both parliamentary parties suggest the same message being transmitted.

You see Dee, it’s because Mlou is responsible for nothing.

It’s like building a house and outfitting it ...... it takes up to
    6 or 7 months at best, but a JCB can reduce it to rubble in a couple of hours.

It’s like the lad or lass on sidelines criticizing the ref......responsible for nothing, can sit back in hindsight and blaze away to his hearts content whereas the referee is responsible for adhering to the rules, maintaining discipline, keeping the score, as every decision he/she makes will be parsed and analysed by outside sources.

An example is foo-faa made by people about a simple mistake Varadkar made about the number of Protestants in SF.

Three or four days later it’s still rumbling......FFS!

That’s how I see it Dee.

It’s like the lad or lass on sidelines criticizing the ref......responsible for nothing, can sit back in hindsight and blaze away to his hearts content whereas the referee is responsible for adhering to the rules, maintaining discipline, keeping the score, as every decision he/she makes will be parsed and analysed by outside sources.

An example is foo-faa made by people about a simple mistake Varadkar made about the number of Protestants in SF.

That’s how I see it Dee.

The scariest thing however is MM & Leo are responsible for so much and yet oddly offer so little in relation to coherencey and Strategy, both but particularly Leo seemed distracted by this obsession with all things SF, Just seems odd and frankly disturbing when there's clearly more important things to focus on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

That’s how I see it Dee.

Yeah opposition here is easy and has been for years. You don't need any answers, you just need to complain about everything. On top of that you can cherry pick your issues. It was hotel quarentine a month ago which nobody seems to cares about now (I always thought it was a red herring, showing a negative test should be good enough). Now it's getting more vaccines. If it's actually possible to get more vaccines is not their problem, they just to complain about it. It's as if suppliers are just sitting on supplies looking for buyers.

Klonker wrote: »
    Yeah opposition here is easy and has been for years. You don't need any answers, you just need to complain about everything. On top of that you can cherry pick your issues. It was hotel quarentine a month ago which nobody seems to cares about now (I always thought it was a red herring, showing a negative test should be good enough). Now it's getting more vaccines. If it's actually possible to get more vaccines is not their problem, they just to complain about it. It's as if suppliers are just sitting on supplies looking for buyers.

Opposition is really easy alright, Leo opposes pretty much everything MM says, of course not directly, but via leaks and mixed messaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Found her interview with Sarah Grace quite informing today. This was a poor lady assaulted and sexually assaulted by an asylum seeker. She was talking about her experiences with the judicial system and how in fact, it was actually worse than the assault itself.

She outlined many measures she wants improved by the DPP and Justice minister such as the victim being able to give evidence behind a closed screen instead of in front of the defendant, and the notes from a victim with a psychologist not being able to be used against her by the defense in a court of law.

All reasonable and sound arguments but no one was on the other side of this to challenge these arguments whatsoever and why our legal system currently operates in the manner that it does.

On top of this, Claire Byrne has never mentioned anything in relation to the false accusation of sexual assualt by Sil Fox or tried to interview him, how this has affected him & what he would like to see changed although the public has known about this for months as opposed to in Sarah Grace's case, just days.

Why is it that Rte and especially Claire Byrnes show continue to show an extreme bias in relation to womens rights over mens. Blatant sexism and if the shoe was on the other foot, there would be outrage.

I guess its hardly surprising that Dee Forbes who is leading the organisation is more interested in pursuing people for non payment of licence fees and potentially sending them to prison than making this semi state organisation impartial & improving its content.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why is it that Rte and especially Claire Byrnes show continue to show an extreme bias in relation to womens rights over mens. Blatant sexism and if the shoe was on the other foot, there would be outrage.

The way the manure views from AH are spreading to the rest of this site makes me sad...

A woman was killed in the UK, on her way home in the evening. There has been a massive spike in discussions online about women being abused, attacked, etc. It's a topical discussion. It's not something which needs a both sides debate, there isn't one here.

Watch this, it might help: https://twitter.com/kaydobbo/status/1369755480558600194

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

While I broadly agree with the majority of your post, I should point out something here.

I guess its hardly surprising that Dee Forbes who is leading the organisation is more interested in pursuing people for non payment of licence fees and potentially sending them to prison than making this semi state organisation impartial & improving its content.

RTÉ have absolutely nothing to do with collecting of Television Licences nor have they a role in prosecuting or enforcing the law in this regard. Also, you are not sent to prison for non payment of a licence; imprisonment is however the resultant of the non payment of a fine, similar to how it is for the non payment of any court sanctioned fine.

Maybe I'm missing something but confidence generally in the AZ vacinne is diminishing and yet Professor Butler seems to be focusing solely on it. A number of countries have suspended use of this vacinne and apart from this the supply issues seem to be worsening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Maybe I'm missing something but confidence generally in the AZ vacinne is diminishing and yet Professor Butler seems to be focusing solely on it. A number of countries have suspended use of this vacinne and apart from this the supply issues seem to be worsening.

Professor Butler also wasn't questioned about her comments on nursing homes yestersay evening where she effectively put the onus on them for allowing 2 visitors a week.

It was an odd interview where the elephant in the room (AZ) was conveniently ignored.

Now Claire is back to covid 19 kite flying. ....

As an aside , the Davys story and potential sell off is the lead story in the IT and on NEWSTALK with PK, nothing on CB....

• Advertisement

Paul Reid, highest paid Spoofer in the world, go on Claire, ask him about his outrageous salary, I dare you.

I'd say Reids PR & spin team were up all night thinking how best to deflect, the man is insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Paul Reid, highest paid Spoofer in the world, go on Claire, ask him about his outrageous salary, I dare you.

Reid is performing very well this morning and putting Claire in her place emphasising to her that there has been a small minority of issues and that the majority of the vaccine roll out has gone well.

Yes the planning should be better but he is explaining the situation well regarding the logistical issues and the impact of AZ flagging problems so late.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Reid is performing very well this morning and putting Claire in her place emphasising to her that there has been a small minority of issues and that the majority of the vaccine roll out has gone well.

Yes the planning should be better but he is explaining the situation well regarding the logistical issues and the impact of AZ flagging problems so late.

We'll see albeit I'd question the planning or lack of it re vacinne roll out given THE HSE had months to plan, the IT system he defended was flagged for replacing in early 2019 and finally the utter lies about staff being permitted to talk to staff was breath taking, sure if your earning over 100k and have lead, manager, director in your jobs discription and of course if you've a PhD in spin or deflection.

God bless Sean Fleming he's just so out of his depth, embarrassing stuff.

I’m sure he would have plenty of ammo to get back at her..........:rolleyes:

Bit ‘jumpy’ this morning, are we?

Uhmm.......

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

....A number of countries have suspended use of this vacinne and apart from this the supply issues seem to be worsening.

I expect Ireland will have more vaacines than we know what do with very shortly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

More Music wrote: »
    I expect Ireland will have more vaacines than we know what do with very shortly. :)

MSD are partnering with Johnson and Johnson to manufacture Covid vaccine and have a large production footprint here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The minister for craic & excitment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

neris wrote: »
    The minister for craic & excitment

He's way over stepping his brief telling people to stay off the alcohol. He has no legislation or health and safety recommendations that backs him telling people to stay off alcohol.

Advertisement