Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Who in the right mind would head into Dublin City, its like the set of a bad Western movie at the moment, Dublin City Council considering adding Thumbleweed.

O God that irratating statistician has arrived, he sounds like the wicked witch from the west from the wizard of oz :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"Everybody I talk to". Surely Claire needs to be challenging him on this. Everybody I talk to thinks the measures are ridiculous and it's time to start opening things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Why is this ogorman fella on to talk about vaccine production

Your not wrong Claire, completely clueless on how Vacinnes manufactured and as per usual Colm, talking S****

neris wrote: »

I've been wondering the same thing, absolutely out of his depth, just bizzare listening to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

On the same note, motormouth Corry now an expert on food !

Won’t be able to shut him up easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He's way over stepping his brief telling people to stay off the alcohol. He has no legislation or health and safety recommendations that backs him telling people to stay off alcohol.

He’s on an attention seeking campaign lately. Boosting the profile and hoping for a bigger ministry. That’s all it is.

Such an arrogant little man this guy is. Loves the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

neris wrote: »

Look at me! Look at ME! Won't you all please LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!

He is paid the guts of €200k a year to head up the Irish branch of Amnesty International. It's probably in his contract that he has to do a certain amount of media interviews to raise the profile of Amnesty to potential donators and sponsors.

Eoin won’t like the dietician saying he’s on a crash diet

• Advertisement

Colm O'Gorman on how to produce Vaccinations.
    Eoin Corry on how to diet
    Patrick O'Donovan on policing the lockdown

I think they just got guests to pick topics out of a hat for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Dangerous that they are giving this nonsense airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

At least they got a solicitor on to talk about wills & probate

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Who thought it was a good idea to send patronising, dictatorial O'Donovan onto the airwaves to appeal for restraint?

The whiff of the dictator off that lad is bizarre in one so young.

Had to turn off, just the sound of Corrys voice gives me ingestion

touts wrote: »
    Look at me! Look at ME! Won't you all please LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!

He is paid the guts of €200k a year to head up the Irish branch of Amnesty International. It's probably in his contract that he has to do a certain amount of media interviews to raise the profile of Amnesty to potential donators and sponsors.

I'd sponsor him to keep as quite as is physically possible

A spot of really scraping the Barrel this morning, awful s***** today

Patricia Callanan on now spouting rubbish about how people in Cork and Limerick and Waterford will drive up to Belfast to do their weekly shop if minimum alcohol prices is introduced and it will devastate the retail sector across the country. There is no way she can seriously believe this. You can almost hear her dying a little inside everytime she has to read out this bull****.

There's definitely been a surge in Keg sales, Shebeens doing a roaring trade

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The last few days Claire appears to be anti everything that's enjoyable. Cut down on the drink, gambling, playing sports, food; lots of 2+2=5 stuff going on.

Go easy on cosmetic and haircare and make up and skin products though; sure all of them are fine.

• Advertisement

It's like a Current Affairs Impro night.

They could call it Who's Lying Is It Anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Who thought it was a good idea to send patronising, dictatorial O'Donovan onto the airwaves to appeal for restraint?

The whiff of the dictator off that lad is bizarre in one so young.

He's older than Varadkar.

He loves going against people he disagrees with, he can get fairly petty with them. His actions on the Phoenix Park show the exact type of person he is.

The last few days Claire appears to be anti everything that's enjoyable. Cut down on the drink, gambling, playing sports, food; lots of 2+2=5 stuff going on.

Go easy on cosmetic and haircare and make up and skin products though; sure all of them are fine.

Gone are the days of substantial political and current affairs discussion

Often remember being seriously educated by some of the discussions Pat Kenny had with various guests.

It’s now more akin to the coffee break in a hair salon

It’s depressing how many Irish comedians constantly refer to “notions” or the “craic”

Patricia Callanan on now spouting rubbish about how people in Cork and Limerick and Waterford will drive up to Belfast to do their weekly shop if minimum alcohol prices is introduced and it will devastate the retail sector across the country. There is no way she can seriously believe this. You can almost hear her dying a little inside everytime she has to read out this bull****.

I have been up and down in the North a lot over the last 2 years. To be honest, while the beer is cheaper in general up there it's just not that much cheaper to warrant a trip up. Now granted they are a lot cheaper and better for the English ales and bitters (The likes of John Smith, Tetley, Fullers or Speckled Hen) for Local/Craft/microbrewers the selection is a lot poorer and they are no cheaper and in some cases dearer. You'd need to be really stockpiling to cover a trip up, as in picking up 20, 30, 40 slabs of beer or a few casks of spirits. I can't speak of wine but

If you are shifting that much of the Devils Buttermilk then your problem is not going to be addressed with the distance or the price of booze.

Oh yeah, supermarkets up there have barriers in the offie as well and small offies are all buzz in jobs.

Often remember being seriously educated by some of the discussions Pat Kenny had with various guests.

Perfect discription, if you've seen her TV show, it's worse with a ghastly looking sets for mock ups, Almost akin to Mrs Brown Boys

Dermatologist talking about Protopic cream. Excellent stuff, I once had the serious skin condition Pyoderma Gangrenosum treated with it. Always keep it on hand as I found it treats other conditions too, used judiciously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Gone too are any decent discussions on foreign affairs, the same old tired ngo's and charities wheeled out when Africa or the middle east are "discussed" with the same old lines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Thought the same thing when the first guest on the other week was the manager of Suesey St. restaurant / bar demanding to know why we would only get 1.1 million vaccinations instead of 1.2 million.

If I wanted to know a bar man's opinion on anything, I'd ask them.

I used to listen to the SOR show every morning and switch between it and PK.

Now, unless I've left the dial on Radio1 from Creedon the night before, I wouldn't think of tuning in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Clue Girl

There’s no way Pat Kenny would have that Eoghan Corry Lenten malarkey on his show. Claire signed off the interview with Corry saying that it was “fascinating to hear about your regime”. I don’t know how anyone could have found what he said fascinating.

Advertisement