Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

Oh here we are, the first of the "exceptions" to the quarantine requirement. The relative now is describing her experience in the viewing platform of Dublin Airport, what is she doing there? They'll no doubt be piling up on Liveline over coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Really? I thought it was unimaginative and completely without any particular insight. And he’s not even trying to hide his Shinner leanings

O Dear God, Shinners, have you not heard his P Take of Mary Lou, Pearse, Gerry Adams etc.

What is the obsession with SF across Boards Threads

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Incorrect :as usual you have jumped in studs up, flashing ‘gotcha’ around the place

The ship is the MV Ever Given.

The shipping company is Evergreen Shipping.

C’mon man......:cool:

Edit Previous poster got in first......sorry lux.

Coming second on a correction? Not like you :)

Where exactly are these skilled workers going? Absolute nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Really? I thought it was unimaginative and completely without any particular insight. And he’s not even trying to hide his Shinner leanings

That's the trouble with satire and comedy...it's subjective. Why people don't get this and try to argue the opposite never fails to amuse (caution: may not amuse others).

Parodying the 'it was the Shinners fault' finger pointing that goes on with FF and FG and folk here is not leaning towards the shinners, not when you take swipes at the shinners in other sketches.

• Advertisement

I've had tons of experience of the Beacon Hospital and I will say only two good things about it:

Standard of care within the ICU

The food is edible.

I've had tons of experience of the Beacon Hospital and I will say only two good things about it:

Standard of care within the ICU

The food is edible.

I heard their vaccination centre is second to none (unless of course you go to Gerards) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Oh here we are, the first of the "exceptions" to the quarantine requirement. The relative now is describing her experience in the viewing platform of Dublin Airport, what is she doing there? They'll no doubt be piling up on Liveline over coming weeks.

Cat, I know it’s wishful thinking but any media outlet, especially RTE ,who gives big airtime to situations like this should be pilloried.

The rules are there, they have been well promulgated, they have taken ages to get up and running.

We are where we are, suck it up.

I am agreeing with you just to reiterate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That's the trouble with satire and comedy...it's subjective. Why people don't get this and try to argue the opposite never fails to amuse (caution: may not amuse others).

Parodying the 'it was the Shinners fault' finger pointing that goes on with FF and FG and folk here is not leaning towards the shinners, not when you take swipes at the shinners in other sketches.

There’s ‘swipes’ and ‘swipes’ Francie, as you are well well aware of ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There’s ‘swipes’ and ‘swipes’ Francie, as you are well well aware of ;)

We are well aware you don't like 'em when they are directed a certain way.

Ignoring the time honoured convention that the 'governing party' will always take the most swipes in political satire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

crossman47 wrote: »
    Apart from supplies, it has not been a shambles. One or two glitches maybe but vaccines are being put in arms as soon as they arrive,
    Categorically untrue. We have hundreds of thousands of vaccines sitting unadministered. The recruitment drive for vaccinators which was supposed to conclude three weeks ago has been extended for a further three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭crossman47

Categorically untrue. We have hundreds of thousands of vaccines sitting unadministered. The recruitment drive for vaccinators which was supposed to conclude three weeks ago has been extended for a further three weeks.

Thats untrue. Vaccines unadministered are being held for second doses. Extra vaccinators are for forecast increased supply in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Tork

Have you a source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭HBC08

Thats not true.

Paul Reid can’t be on top of everything.There are other people whose job it is to handle these events.Let them handle them.
    Where does the "buck" stop, a chara?

€420,103 at last count.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Where does the "buck" stop, a chara?

€420,103 at last count.

The CEO of the Beacon is where the buck stops.

There are clear protocols to be followed.

Beyond that - the government arguably for not have penalties for not following the protocols.

Some are also asking questions about the school principle and the teachers as well.

Infoanon wrote: »
    The CEO of the Beacon is where the buck stops.

There are clear protocols to be followed.

Beyond that - the government arguably for not have penalties for not following the protocols.

Some are also asking questions about the school principle and the teachers as well.
    is Paul Reid worth his salary?

That's a question I'd like Claire Byrne to put to Mr Reid. Problem is, he only goes on radio programmes with RTE stars where the easy response would be "Are you?"

No flies on him, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Covid restrictions/vaccine rollout.
    Trip to town that had double murder and suicide in Cork.
    Luxembourg...
    Knee and back pain phone-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If they don't even know who is getting them how are they going to set up any kind of passport system?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If they don't even know who is getting them how are they going to set up any kind of passport system?

He's a fukin waffler.Mrs O got the vaccine on Thu/Fri last week. Was asked for her PPS. That's all

• Advertisement

She should have pressed him on the ppl getting vaccinated out of turn. She let him wriggle and spoof his way out of the answer. She's not fit to do a hard interview

• Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

5k needs the go, replace with stay in your own county, open up golf, sailing, tennis and allow all non essential retail to open in full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

People may be "bored" of the virus. People are losing their businesses and their reason for living, you f**kwit, how can you simply pass it off as boredom. Completely deluded and out of touch.

Jenny definitely has a friend in the "parish"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

She should have pressed him on the ppl getting vaccinated out of turn. She let him wriggle and spoof his way out of the answer. She's not fit to do a hard interview

Who was being interviewed?

I've a pain in my buttocks listening to this s****

Jizique wrote: »
    Who was being interviewed?

I honestly can't remember,some waffler from the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

I honestly can't remember,some waffler from the HSE

Thanks, thought it might have been a politician; Colm Henry was waffling on Pat Kenny after nine

Jizique wrote: »
    Thanks, thought it might have been a politician; Colm Henry was waffling on Pat Kenny after nine

Yep, heard that, seems you require a PhD in wafflery to work at senior management level at the HSE

• Advertisement

I heard the president of the FAI interview this morning, It's quite extraordinary that both he and the FAI are still in denial. I've never quite figured out Stephen Kenny appointment, I'm no expert but he just seems completely out of his depth. Robbie Keane continues to draw €250k salary despite not being part of Kennys team, I laughed at the notion he was volunteering at a league of Ireland club, how gracious of him. The FAI is a basket case and actually the real embarrassment.

Advertisement