Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

walshb wrote: »
    Mother a jaysus. This Covid talk is incessant fooking nonsenses.. Non stop people on and on and on about the same thing non stop

It was getting to the point that I was hoping Sammy Wilson would come back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I've never quite got why media outlets still call on Bertie Ahern for interviews, All I'm reminded of when I hear him speak is Paddy the Plasterer?, Bertie can't even get an invite to a FF coffee morning, Just seems odd.
    I hate hearing him on, and I reckon that he still believes that the Presidency is an option for him, and the media appearances are with this end in sight.

Having said all of that, and even though I normally switch over when he comes on, I stayed with it this morning and he was actually talking sense ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

I've never quite got why media outlets still call on Bertie Ahern for interviews, All I'm reminded of when I hear him speak is Paddy the Plasterer?, Bertie can't even get an invite to a FF coffee morning, Just seems odd. Yes he played a part in the peace process but I believe Albert Reynolds did most of the hard work.

Maybe it's because he was the Taoiseach who negotiated the Good Friday Agreement (and is still involved in cross border work) and, therefore, understands the politics/politicians up North better than most. Any other screw ups and shenanigans he got up to doesn't negate that. I'm sure they'd have Albert on if he was still with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

serfboard wrote: »
    I hate hearing him on, and I reckon that he still believes that the Presidency is an option for him, and the media appearances are with this end in sight.

Having said all of that, and even though I normally switch over when he comes on, I stayed with it this morning and he was actually talking sense ...
    Cole wrote: »
    Maybe it's because he was the Taoiseach who negotiated the Good Friday Agreement (and is still involved in cross border work) and, therefore, understands the politics/politicians up North better than most. Any other screw ups and shenanigans he got up to doesn't negate that. I'm sure they'd have Albert on if he was still with us.

Always worth listening to without prejudice to any past misdemeanors or future ambitions (which incidentally I don't believe exist).

I'd love to hear Albert's take on current events too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Minister for Tax on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

mgn wrote: »
    Minister for Tax on now.

They are back for Round 2 of completely destroying the car market in Ireland. I expect the price of electricity will rocket so they can get their take of tax from electric vehicles, that or they will make charging your car with domestic electricity a fine of €9.2million.

They are back for Round 2 of completely destroying the car market in Ireland. I expect the price of electricity will rocket so they can get their take of tax from electric vehicles, that or they will make charging your car with domestic electricity a fine of €9.2million.

The motorist in this country is going screwed one way or another, shower of muppets with their ''we are going form laggard's to leaders in climate policy's'' well good for them but what's it costing the ordinary persons in this country.

Did these Green muppets every do Geography at school, have a look at a map of world, you can just about make out this country on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This rubbish from cat o riordan about Punk has no place on the morning show.

More suited to the arena arts show

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

This rubbish from cat o riordan about Punk has no place on the morning show.

More suited to the arena arts show

She's still dining out on having spent a few years with the Pogues. Fcuked off mid tour and left them high and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

sligojoek wrote: »
    She's still dining out on having spent a few years with the Pogues. Fcuked off mid tour and left them high and dry.

I don’t know much about her just find her irritating on the radio any time I’ve heard her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Cowardly Teaching unions back tracking, didn't take long.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I don’t know much about her just find her irritating on the radio any time I’ve heard her

A dose. I say that as someone who's met her a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Im sorry to hear that, I only met her the once maybe 83 in the mean fiddler in harlsedon,drinks after a gig there, I thought she was ok when I heard her on the radio a few times, just goes to show I suppose,perceptions and all that, heard her say once she had addiction problems according to herself

Im sorry to hear that, I only met her the once maybe 83 in the mean fiddler in harlsedon,drinks after a gig there, I thought she was ok when I heard her on the radio a few times, just goes to show I suppose,perceptions and all that, heard her say once she had addiction problems according to herself

Jesus, the Mean Fiddler in Harlesden brings back some memory's, especially the Sunday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Don't mind that old show-biz insider bitching. Speak as you found her and trust your instinct.

You are right, she is as sound as a pound.

She followed her heart, sometimes for the best, more times for the worst, that's life.

Thank god Claire back, I've lost a button from my trousers and need urgent advice on how to sew it back on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Thank god Claire back, I've lost a button from my trousers and need urgent advice on how to sew it back on :)

Hazel Chu coming up with all thay advice now :)

Diversity, I thought she was Irish, a muppet of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭golondrinas

mgn wrote: »
    Diversity, I thought she was Irish, a muppet of the highest order.

Only when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

From this performance I think Hazel should run for Fianna Crann Sneachta at the next election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Chu is some waffler - speaks at the speed of light while saying fck all.

PS Catherine Martin is deputy leader of a party who just went into Govt and then she challenged the leader.
    So yeah, she was scrutinised but NOT beacuse she was a woman, ya dope.
    (Her big point about women picked on by being questioned at all was the example above)
    I mean, Hazel's definitely a politician but not a groundbreaker or even a politician of any minimal use at all.

Roll on June ;)

The runners at Aintree didn't produce as much shyte last week as Chu just did

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hate this talk that Covid has had more effect on women and those from minorities in Ireland.

Where is the data to prove this? This crap shouldn't go unchallenged.
    Have we got stats for the 4500 that died with Covid? Would be interesting to see if it proves her point.
    I'd guess it wouldn't.

You'd think Covid has zero effect on white Irish men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Roll on June ;)

I really hope that I will never hear that self serving, self centered voice again.

LOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

And Hazel, why do you think you deserve one of the parachutes?

Well, I'm a woman and a minority.

Poor Chelsea, I'm just in tears listening to this abject hardship, it's traumatic

Mav11 wrote: »
    I really hope that I will never hear that self serving, self centered voice again.

Chelsea or Hazel? Hard to take a pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

NIMAN wrote: »
    I hate this talk that Covid has had more effect on women and those from minorities in Ireland.

Where is the data to prove this? This crap shouldn't go unchallenged.
    Have we got stats for the 4500 that died with Covid? Would be interesting to see if it proves her point.
    I'd guess it wouldn't.

You'd think Covid has zero effect on white Irish men.

It's ridiculous.

I've heard someone say the same thing, they seemed to mention because so many women work in hospitality and how women do the home schooling.

It's complete sexism against men that people can use a pandemic that has ravaged the whole country, had a massive negative effect on nearly everyone and then people like Chu say women had it worse.

Advertisement