Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I know a few event planners, not just musical events and they got hammered

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Isn't it really big of Premiership teams boycotting social media for a few day, absolutely pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭archfi

Who is this fella fighting against?
    The athletes taking part who said no, bugger off with the pathetic kneeling lark?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I'm just amazed the Olympics actually going ahead this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

There's be no Naomi Osaka without the Williams sisters?
    Serena Williams did her best to take Osaka's first grand slam victory from her by her antics and completely spoiled the occasion.

• Advertisement

Did Claire just describe Muhammad Ali as the original of the species? What species is she referring too???????, a bizzare description

There's be no Naomi Osaka without the Williams sisters?
    Serena Williams did her best to take Osaka's first grand slam victory from her by her antics and completely spoiled the occasion.

Serena always struck me as a petulant spoiled brat who faced very little hardship, her behaviour after Osaka"s win was disgraceful and outrageous.

Jesus Christ, a discussion on 10 Downing streets interior decorations, perhaps Claire leading onto a segment on curtains after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, a discussion on 10 Downing streets interior decorations, perhaps Claire leading onto a segment on curtains after this.

Bit unfair...this could seriously damage Johnson. Fascinating and worthy of coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Something that struck me was the amount of times that the word "liar" was used in reference to BJ and how CB sat back and never challenged it. For her sake I hope the British Ambassador's staff weren't listening in as her inaction was inexcusable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ah just create 2 museums :D

Bit unfair...this could seriously damage Johnson. Fascinating and worthy of coverage.

Fascinating a bit of a stretch, worthy of what exactly? Latest Laura Ashley designs?

Fascinating a bit of a stretch, worthy of what exactly? Latest Laura Ashley designs?

The predicament Johnson has landed himself in. I enjoyed the ding dong between the two contributors. Think Andrew Bridgen was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The predicament Johnson has landed himself in. I enjoyed the ding dong between the two contributors. Think Andrew Bridgen was one.

Andrew Bridgen and Alastair Campbell two opposite poles of British politics.

It was a very good segment.

Really appreciated the practical suggestion by Claire that Boris could take the sofas with him when he leaves.

Sean O'Rourke wouldn't have copped that :)

elperello wrote: »
    Andrew Bridgen and Alastair Campbell two opposite poles of British politics.

It was a very good segment.

Really appreciated the practical suggestion by Claire that Boris could take the sofas with him when he leaves.

So did I. I loved the way she left them at it..still going hammer and tongs. :D

elperello wrote: »

SOR would have had Boris hiding behind his new sofa :)

I was in great form until I heard Donnellys voice this morning

SOR would have had Boris hiding behind his new sofa :)

SOR would have been bored to death :)

This sums up the show. Donnelly is well able for CB, who's more worried about her hairdresser opening or her holiday yet she's being tripped up by his clumsy self.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I was in great form until I heard Donnellys voice this morning

Guy is saying it clearly and succinctly.

What more can you do.

Can’t understand the amount of shade being thrown at this guy.

Not perfect but I think he handled the interview well with Claire Byrne this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The politician creates policy with the priority being them never being held accountable for anything. So they would keep the whole place shut down forever rather than being held responsible for even one death due to COVID. Unfortunately for businesses this means that they have been shut down for much longer than was necessary. Well except for the multinationals of course and the building related to the multinationals, because they would be afraid of any of them leaving Ireland and being blamed for that.

Guy is saying it clearly and succinctly.

What more can you do.

Can’t understand the amount of shade being thrown at this guy.

Not perfect but I think he handled the interview well with Claire Byrne this morning.

If you look back at the past 10 months you'll find plenty of shade.

Donnelly more concerned about his twitter profile and Claire about her hair.

Does Donnelly seriously think those in their 40"s could be vaccinated at the same time as those in their 50"s, they've NOT even started those in their 60"s, mother of God, 27 changes to the vacinne roll out, an absolute barrage of new guidence last week. I can't understand why spurious targets, none have been met, shut up and get on with it FFS!

Yes supplies part of the problem but I fear alot of ineptitude closer to home hadn't helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dammit BMI nowhere near 40 or 35

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Stephen Donnelly has taken a lot of hits while others have hid.
    Like NPHET, Donnelly has been scape goated for everything, while his department has been dumped on by the other ministers - how has hotel quarantining ended up in the dept of health for starters !

Donnelly is far from perfect but he deserves a little slack.

The opening up is a gamble - the potential to have under 50s vaccinated before those older than 50 is a massive political gamble and goes completely against all medical advice.

How Claire didn't make more of this tells you everything about Claires interviewing skills

Hard to understand the HSE"S approach to vulnerable categories. I appreciate not having a thouragh disease register hasn't helped. I know quite a few who would certainly qualify and they've heard nothing. I'm 55, have a Thyroid Disease (Graves), side affects include dangerously high cholesterol levels and increased heart rate, in total 5 seperate tablets daily. All symptoms well managed and feeling fine generally.

I recall at the start of this pandemic my excellent GP and endocrinologist told me quite clearly I was and remain High risk. I've not heard a thing about vacinne , I certainly don't personally feel I should be prioritised over more vulnerable but just wanted to point out there's something not quite right how the HSE are determining who are vulnerable. I'm clearly in the system so just using myself as an example, I'd have questions about this whole issue.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly has taken a lot of hits while others have hid.
    Like NPHET, Donnelly has been scape goated for everything, while his department has been dumped on by the other ministers - how has hotel quarantining ended up in the dept of health for starters !

Donnelly is far from perfect but he deserves a little slack.

The opening up is a gamble - the potential to have under 50s vaccinated before those older than 50 is a massive political gamble and goes completely against all medical advice.

How Claire didn't make more of this tells you everything about Claires interviewing skills

Yes being objective I fully agree, Donnelly has taken many hits. Personally I believe senior HSE executives have a lot to answer for (certainly not frontline staff). You've only got to watch a HSE press conference to see how adept Paul Reid & Co are at deflection.

Hard to understand the HSE"S approach to vulnerable categories. I appreciate not having a thouragh disease register hasn't helped. I know quite a few who would certainly qualify and they've heard nothing. I'm 55, have a Thyroid Disease (Graves), side affects include dangerously high cholesterol levels and increased heart rate, in total 5 seperate tablets daily. All symptoms well managed and feeling fine generally.

I recall at the start of this pandemic my excellent GP and endocrinologist told me quite clearly I was and remain High risk. I've not heard a thing about vacinne , I certainly don't personally feel I should be prioritised over more vulnerable but just wanted to point out there's something not quite right how the HSE are determining who are vulnerable. I'm clearly in the system so just using myself as an example, I'd have questions about this whole issue.

Exactly. I'm 60, have cardiac issues and a bit of chronic airway infection and GP urged me to get vaccine as soon as it was available... but there are people far more vulnerable. No real way of comparing me against another really. I signed up on the portal recently, awaiting a response from them.

Exactly. I'm 60, have cardiac issues and a bit of chronic airway infection and GP urged me to get vaccine as soon as it was available... but there are people far more vulnerable. No real way of comparing me against another really. I signed up on the portal recently, awaiting a response from them.

It's a tricky one to figure out, I'm also worried that whilst it's great to be able to register, how long will it actually take to get vaccinated.

Fingers crossed for you, I'll be hopefully registering next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Considering she was (allegedly) considering quitting politics after the kicking she got from the electorate in Meath at the General election, before Leo gave her the leg-up with the Seanad seat, Regina Doherty seems to be popping uo everywhere these days! Is she camped out in Donnybrook or Marconi house?

Advertisement