Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Furze99 wrote: »
    Something to do with what was said or implied re the Shinners I think.

Those pesky Shinners :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

shouty labour woman wasnt doing herself any favours there

Horrific, sounded like a Banshee getting a tooth extraction :)

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Horrific, sounded like a Banshee getting a tooth extraction :)

What a brilliant description! I’ve jotted it down and will use at the first possible opportunity :)

What a brilliant description! I’ve jotted it down and will use at the first possible opportunity :)

Thank you, I do house calls but only whilst social distancing :)

Michéal Martin on. To me it sounds in effect no meaningful prospects of foreign travel until next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Michéal Martin on. To me it sounds in effect no meaningful prospects of foreign travel until next year.

Keep us captive so we can be ripped off with our vastly overpriced hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And Coveney on Newstalk earlier saying that he hoped to have the Green Cert up and running mid July onwards and we'll know more on Friday.
    Why can't these clowns at least sing off the same hymn sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

People may think you are joking but this is a massive reason. They don't want irish people going abroad spending money. They know Irish people are fools and will happily get ripped off by Irish businesses.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And Coveney on Newstalk earlier saying that he hoped to have the Green Cert up and running mid July onwards and we'll know more on Friday.
    Why can't these clowns at least sing off the same hymn sheet?

Between all the hesitations, likely quarantine requirements, no way am I hoping to do my usual beloved escapades out of the rain sodden country. Then when we are "allowed" to travel for real, a lot of routes/schedules/capacity will have been lost and out pickets will be so empty by then going anywhere will be a luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Nailed it. However I think alot of people realise this and if they arent going abroad this summer they arent going away in Ireland unless its to visit family in another county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

love bob dylan songs, never quite sure about him singing them

I wasn't aware there was a universal health identifier, wasn't this one of the reasons there was a mess regarding identifying high risk cohorts???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I wasn't aware there was a universal health identifier, wasn't this one of the reasons there was a mess regarding identifying high risk cohorts???

I wasn't listening earlier - who claimed that Ireland had an universal health identifier ? , and did Claire challenge the statement?

Ireland doesn't have a universal health identifier , it is possible that the data base be build up during the vaccine roll out may be used in the future as the basis of an uhi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ooh a tour of the dark web........... spooky !

Infoanon wrote: »
    I wasn't listening earlier - who claimed that Ireland had an universal health identifier ? , and did Claire challenge the statement?

Ireland doesn't have a universal health identifier , it is possible that the data base be build up during the vaccine roll out may be used in the future as the basis of an uhi.

Oissin Smith, FF, I thought I misheard but he clearly said there was and No Claire certainly did not challenge this, it seems it went completely over her head?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Deeec

Traveller change has to be driven from within the community themselves. Why is it always they blame society for their issues and never accept that alot of their issues are caused by themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Crazy if true that after going through the education system some traveller children are spending their time colouring in colouring books in junior cert and leaving cert, at least I think I heard her correctly

Seems to be a Traveller's appreciation week on RTE, had to switch off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

They'd cream themselves if they found a female, black, gay, traveller. Hughie Maughan is almost there!

Pussyhands wrote: »
    They'd cream themselves if they found a female, black, gay, traveller. Hughie Maughan is almost there!

LOL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭crossman47

Oissin Smith, FF, I thought I misheard but he clearly said there was and No Claire certainly did not challenge this, it seems it went completely over her head?

Think hes a Green

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,618 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Crazy if true that after going through the education system some traveller children are spending their time colouring in colouring books in junior cert and leaving cert, at least I think I heard her correctly

That is crazy

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    week ?

Point well observed and taken :)

crossman47 wrote: »
    Think hes a Green

My humble apologies, your correct, might go someway to explain lack of understanding of issue being discussed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,478 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

My humble apologies, your correct, might go someway to explain lack of understanding of issue being discussed :)

Thought the lad was well in control of his brief myself

Thought the lad was well in control of his brief myself

Of course Brendan, we always await your yes, but no but yes commentary, one would think you just need to be disagreeable, but on the point you question, the Minister may know his brief, but as explained he stated something that was incorrect, namely there is no Universal Health identifier currently in Ireland,he clearly said there was and was not corrected by Claire, but then again, thats not actually his brief is it? unless of course he's taken over from Simon Harris as minister for everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,478 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Of course Brendan, we always await your yes, but no but yes commentary, one would think you just need to be disagreeable, but on the point you question, the Minister may know his brief, but as explained he stated something that was incorrect, namely there is no Universal Health identifier currently in Ireland,he clearly said there was and was not corrected by Claire, but then again, thats not actually his brief is it? unless of course he's taken over from Simon Harris as minister for everything?

Hmmm….. I’ll ignore the disrespectful intro and press on.

Let’s get down to business.

What do you understand by a ‘Universal Health’ identifier.

What is that,a chara.?

Hmmm….. I’ll ignore the disrespectful intro and press on.

Let’s get down to business.

What do you understand by a ‘Universal Health’ identifier.

What is that,a chara.?

And I'll ignore the question, Google it, perhaps the minister might do the same

• Advertisement

And I'll ignore the question, Google it, perhaps the minister might do the same

I think Brendan is asking a reasonable question, in fairness. It's easy to Google the answer, but do you mean MRN isnt communicable between hospitals?

Any time I've been in hospital, I've just given my PPSN and nobody had any trouble identifying my previous records. Granted, they can't so at this at this very moment.

Advertisement