Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did you not get your vaccine card, with the batch number of the vaccine and the date and time of your second injection..?

Hi, I got a card from GP, all its showing date I reci first dose and batch number. I'm guessing Gp"s working at a slightly different pace as such

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi, I got a card from GP, all its showing date I reci first dose and batch number. I'm guessing Gp"s working at a slightly different pace as such

I got my first Pfizer jab in a vaccination centre. The date for my second jab is not on my card either. I should be due the second vaccine next wednesday and presumed I'd get a text a day or two beforehand, like the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I got my first Pfizer jab in a vaccination centre. The date for my second jab is not on my card either. I should be due the second vaccine next wednesday and presumed I'd get a text a day or two beforehand, like the first time.

Mine was four weeks to the day. GP sent me a text reminder the day before (automated text, so GPs may vary...).

I'd give your GP a quick buzz if I were you.

Mine was four weeks to the day. GP sent me a text reminder the day before (automated text, so GPs may vary...).

I'd give your GP a quick buzz if I were you.

I understand my GP surgery only doing Vacinations every 2 weeks and on Friday /Saturdays, I'm not to concerned to be honest, I'll give it a week and then call :) thanks

Moving on from a packed schedule of sporting events ahead (debatable), Travel at a stand still and now the Nepal variant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Makes no sense to hide away in our caves when we get fully vaccinated.

Regina Doherty clearly didn't see the video's I saw, there wasn't just young people literally taking the P***

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just listening back, you can hear the glee on Claire’s voice over UK adding Portugal to amber list and people shouldn’t ‘risk’ traveling. Seriously nearly threw phone at wall, it’s infuriating. I cannot wait for the day when RTÉ can no longer try terrify then nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

pc7 wrote: »
    Just listening back, you can hear the glee on Claire’s voice over UK adding Portugal to amber list and people shouldn’t ‘risk’ traveling. Seriously nearly threw phone at wall, it’s infuriating. I cannot wait for the day when RTÉ can no longer try terrify then nation.

Well, for the record what would “terrify” me would be thousands of folk traveling abroad and bringing back Covid and variants of which would put us back in lockdown again.

That’s what RTE are warning about, not actually traveling, backed up by those who are qualified to warn about these things.

Unfortunately the virus has not gone away…far from it.

I think that post was a little over the top.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Well we can agree to disagree, don’t want to derail with covid talk. But vaccines work we are told, there are plans in place for safe EU travel this summer. I for one will be following the rules and if still allowed will be happily fully vaccinated and traveling.

The UK issues are particular in a BAME area where there is vaccines hesitancy, a recent boardsies posted as they had been there for a funeral, they seen no masks, no social distance, etc as well as EID.

Claire or guest also mentioned two countries (Bahrain and another can’t remember off top of head) but they had the dodgy Chinese vaccine so go figure.

Our elderly and most of our vulnerable are vaccinated, it’s time to come out of the shadows. I have elderly relatives who are fully vaccinated and are too afraid to have a cuppa with their elderly fully vaccinated friends. It’s wrong and down to RTEs fear fest.

Anyhoo it’s the Bank Holiday, I’m going to stick to podcasts for the wend and enjoy life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Well we can agree to disagree, don’t want to derail with covid talk. But vaccines work we are told, there are plans in place for safe EU travel this summer. I for one will be following the rules and if still allowed will be happily fully vaccinated and traveling.

The UK issues are particular in a BAME area where there is vaccines hesitancy, a recent boardsies posted as they had been there for a funeral, they seen no masks, no social distance, etc as well as EID.

Claire or guest also mentioned two countries (Bahrain and another can’t remember off top of head) but they had the dodgy Chinese vaccine so go figure.

Our elderly and most of our vulnerable are vaccinated, it’s time to come out of the shadows. I have elderly relatives who are fully vaccinated and are too afraid to have a cuppa with their elderly fully vaccinated friends. It’s wrong and down to RTEs fear fest.

Anyhoo it’s the Bank Holiday, I’m going to stick to podcasts for the wend and enjoy life.

That may well be so, but those fully qualified in these situations don’t think it’s time to “come out of the shadows” and to be honest I would stick with them.

‘Barrackroom physicians’ in reality hold no sway with me.

However as you say, quite rightly, best leave it at that and think of Limerick.

Have a good and safe BH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Last week Claire and other RTE shows were making a big deal of the fact that those in the UK could travel to 12 countries including Portugal not once mentioning the reality that of those 12 only Iceland and Portugal were accepting UK tourists.

Perhaps if there was more realistic /factual reporting by CB and Co there would be less need to throw the phone at the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is Claire on her holidays this week? Refreshing change to not hear her nonsense. Damian-something covering for her?

Norma Foley has to be one of the worst ministers we've had in recent times though.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Is Claire on her holidays this week? Refreshing change to not hear her nonsense. Damian-something covering for her?

Norma Foley has to be one of the worst ministers we've had in recent times though.

Poor Claire, she generally heads off after B/H weekends, tough gig in fairness 10 hour week on Radio and 1 hour on TV.

Isn't she camping in Kerry this week, god knows we heard enough about her F****** staycation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,703 ✭✭✭✭zell12

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Worse than Eoghan Murphy? He who spent three years waffling and doing nothing about Housing

zell12 wrote: »
    Worse than Eoghan Murphy? He who spent three years waffling and doing nothing about Housing

Both equally terrible, Norma has more lives than a Cat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Can't get my head around the idea that the state should give redress to these Donegal people. The state didn't build their houses, let them sue the builders and block manufacturers. There was a man on there a minute ago moaning about his 3000 square feet home - that's a very substantial house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Pyrite in Mayo, Mica in Donegal - let them all feck off and sort out their own issues. Redress??? What exactly did the state do or not do to justify a redress scheme??

Furze99 wrote: »
    Can't get my head around the idea that the state should give redress to these Donegal people. The state didn't build their houses, let them sue the builders and block manufacturers. There was a man on there a minute ago moaning about his 3000 square feet home - that's a very substantial house!!!

I'm not listening but whilst I agree, the issue is that the suppliers, Builders went bust (conveniently, one has to wonder) but I do not understand how architects, surveyors, engineers or whomever signed off on these properties and indeed insurer's seemed to have no questions to answer. I can't also figure out how Mortgages on these properties could be deemed valid given there's absolutely no tangible value. It's a very complex issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Furze99 wrote: »

What about Priory Hall or Mary McAleese luxury apartments in Dublin, the government stepped in there, the state dident build them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

:eek: bbc down

Interesting RTE site not down, hackers probably thought, not worth bothering with :)

Interesting RTE site not down, hackers probably thought, not worth bothering with :)

They couldn't get in on the phones lines to make a ransom demand :D

They couldn't get in on the phones lines to make a ransom demand :D

LOL :)

I'm not listening but whilst I agree, the issue is that the suppliers, Builders went bust (conveniently, one has to wonder)
    This grinds my gears. Corporation shouldn't be allowed to just legally disappear in a puff of smoke. I'm not suggesting we do away with limited liability altogether, but there should be an easier way of going after a builder (or anyone in business) when they behave fraudulantly or recklessly.

I remember as a student working for a company set up by another student, worked my ass off for months doing admin work, and fobbing off suppliers, like an idiot, explaining why they weren't getting paid. It was the same excuse I was given about my salary -- it's a new business, we're young, and it's normal to have a period of disorganisation.

Got a text message one day to say the business was closing. Nobody, supplier, landlord, or staff, was ever paid. They MD just buzzed off with at least 15k in company income. Everyone got judgments against the company, but there were no real assets, the money was gone.

Sorry that's a bit of a rant, I'm still bitter! My point is really to give an example of how easy it is for chancers to run amok behind the veil of limited liability, and then vanish without consequence. There is realistically nothing you can do. The Companies Office and the taxman aren't interested unless it's a proven fraud on a large scale.

I don't know if that's exactly what happened here, but one possible solution might be that builders' companies, and most firms with staff, should have a minimum capital requirement, like the banks have. I believe this is the case in Germany. I doubt they have too many Priory Halls, etc

Is this caller looking for crèches to be set up at Vacination centres? Mother of God

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

She's hoping the hse will engage with her... The world revolves around some of these people

She's hoping the hse will engage with her... The world revolves around some of these people

Just beyond belief, what has this pandemic done to some, I didn't realise self entitlement was a side effect of Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where was Homebond and other home cover schemes in all this?

• Advertisement

Where was Homebond and other home cover schemes in all this?

This is the most perplexing part of this story, not just home bond, surely materials suppliers, developers had liability insurance, we're are the mortgage companies I just find it extraordinary a redress scheme needed to pay of for the mistakes of private companies, now in liquidation.

Advertisement