Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And from a "podcaster" no less.

Learning a lot of ‘new jobs’ today

There’s podcasters, celebrities, influencers,academics, activists, campaigners, lobbyists,canvassers, and many more.

What kind of a wedge do that lot get and who pays them?

Asking for a friend.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Who is that clown from the government repeating the same lines over and over again? Has he any opinions of his own?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This “doctor Pat leahy” - a former assistant garda commissioner apparently - is a bit of a loud mouth

Roaring and shouting down the phone line

He is a loud mouth and he appears via shockingly amateurish mobile phone video clips from what appears to be his back garden on virgin media news regularly, awful embarrassing stuff.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Who is that clown from the government repeating the same lines over and over again? Has he any opinions of his own?

Is it Darragh callery? I missed the start of this rambling nonsense

The 999 call debacle is extraordinary, I recall at and during the pandemic a massive publicity campaign and heightened focus on getting people to call, particularly given the reported increase in domestic abuse incidents, indeed I recall the Garda Press office proudly showing off their fleet of new community support vehicles, utter hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Jaysus, Louise O' Reilly is a grandmother!

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,703 ✭✭✭✭zell12

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Jaysus, Louise O' Reilly is a grandmother!
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree lol
    I know! she said she had a child 25 years ago, who had a child five years ago. She was a gran at 42.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The Magdelenes closed years ago lads, so what if she is a granny at 42, she's working and in a very high profile role, hasn't held her back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

pc7 wrote: »
    The Magdelenes closed years ago lads, so what if she is a granny at 42, she's working and in a very high profile role, hasn't held her back. :rolleyes:

Relax, I'm just having a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Kevin Doyle just about to lob the RTE D4 site grenade into the NMH conversation and Louise butts in. Timing Louise, timing.

• Advertisement

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Kevin Doyle just about to lob the RTE D4 site grenade into the NMH conversation and Louise butts in. Timing Louise, timing.

Yes,copped that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

God forbid but the interview segment with the craft/art was one of the worst, most inane and sloppy pieces of radio I've heard in years. The segment with the Cooper from Tullamore Dew was especially dreadful. I can't blame him for clamming up but you can certainly hold the show to account here. It was painfully clear that CB was uninterested and that she or her production team hadn't bothered to research just it was that he did or was to be asked, not even for a minute. Dreadful stuff all round once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

God forbid but the interview segment with the craft/art was one of the worst, most inane and sloppy pieces of radio I've heard in years. The segment with the Cooper from Tullamore Dew was especially dreadful. I can't blame him for clamming up but you can certainly hold the show to account here. It was painfully clear that CB was uninterested and that she or her production team hadn't bothered to research just it was that he did or was to be asked, not even for a minute. Dreadful stuff all round once again.

Complete with the obligatory "male dominated" reference

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Happen to hear this alright. Chap was obviously inhibited, but her unprofessional indifference was palpable. She was caught at one point sleep walking when she thought that a fruity odour was the opposite of what a cooper might want from the opening of a whiskey barrel. I mean its common sense surely? In general she didn't give a monkey's. Contrast that with the exceptional Pat Kenny, who may or may not have agendas, but shows the same level of interest as with someone selling daisy chains in Spiddel as with the vaguries of politics and current affairs of all hues.

I sense fireworks today

Not sure what others think but this only vaccinated being served is just beyond bizzare.

NPHET did not propose it, they did not object to the concept, unless I read the letter sent incorrectly. Mc Namara has been anti NPHET from the outset, hardly an objective guest. I'm not defending NPHET, just making an observation, open to correction of course.

Whip Claire into a frenzy; tell her that the pubs can open but all hairdressers, nailbars and bloggers have to stay closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

I bought a house built by the cheapest bidder I could find. Now it turns out it is falling apart. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE!!! WHO WILL COMPENSATE ME!!!!

FECK Off. Go sue your builder.

Whip Claire into a frenzy; tell her that the pubs can open but all hairdressers, nailbars and bloggers have to stay closed.

LOL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Not sure what others think but this only vaccinated being served is just beyond bizzare.

why ? if the risk is for unvaccinated and thats where your worried a spike will come from then it makes sense.

dont get me wrong i think its unworkable and what about unvaccinated staff ???
    but just trying to work out nphet logic (which appears to be in short supply)

uh oh looks like mica issue is spreading ! clare and limerick now. looks like a more widespread problem

complete lack of regulation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Dempo1 wrote: »

How can it be constitutional from a "treating all citizens of the state equally" basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

How can it be constitutional from a "treating all citizens of the state equally" basis?

Same as a Driving licence I would imagine? You have to have certain things/qualifications/documentation to avail of certain services.

Not saying I agree or disagree but seems the same principle?

You'd wonder why Claire doesn't talk to one of the over a dozen analysts and hosts and commentators that RTÉ have on hand to cover the Euros.

Nothing to do with him being a blogger, of course.

Men can't get Maternity leave.
    You can't buy drink without ID to prove you are over 18.
    You can't vote if you are under 18.
    You can't travel overseas without a valid passport.
    You can't drive without a valid driving licence.

Go moan about your human rights and equality somewhere else.

Now she's comparing Haughey/Fitzgerald to the goons on Love Island. WT actual F????

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

touts wrote: »

Nor can they give birth, last I checked :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

You can't buy drink without ID to prove you are over 18.
    You can't vote if you are under 18.
    You can't travel overseas without a valid passport.
    You can't drive without a valid driving licence.

Go moan about your human rights and equality somewhere else.

I understand it comes naturally to you but you might dial back a couple of notches on your uncivil vitriolic tone there,its not very becoming, I merely asked a question

I understand it comes naturally to you but you might dial back a couple of notches on your uncivil vitriolic tone there,its not very becoming, I merely asked a question

I beg your pardon? I'm not the one name calling. I pointed out a list of things where the state does not give equality and you get offended.

• Advertisement

I bought a house built by the cheapest bidder I could find. Now it turns out it is falling apart. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE!!! WHO WILL COMPENSATE ME!!!!

FECK Off. Go sue your builder.

It’s the same auld problem Mr T.

It’s only those who take care of themselves, work hard to get the qualifications to get good money, and who have anything who are worth sueing.

No use suing losers.

Advertisement