Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

Coincidentally she's after a few weeks break herself.

Camping in Kerry, I think. Not even Killarney, but Tralee.

Hard times in Montrose, she must be on the wage subsidy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    and a tiny tiny minority of people in their thirties etc drop dead from " sudden adult death syndrome "

hard cases make bad policy

What is your point?

Does Paddy O'Gorman still do his thing on the show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,871 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Does Paddy O'Gorman still do his thing on the show ?

No, and I miss him.

They are running Paddy's People at 10pm on Wednesdays on Radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,703 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Camping in Kerry, I think. Not even Killarney, but Tralee. Hard times in Montrose, she must be on the wage subsidy
    Sure it's not Camp?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp,_County_Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭archfi

Dublin Bay Syth main candidates on.
    The first two accents certainly suit one part of the constituency!
    Cyncillor. Tyne. Milltyne. :)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dublin Bay South is all about those who own homes v's those who don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's weird listening to Claire Byrne calling Claire Byrne Claire Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭archfi

Test!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Climatologist gives fair balanced description of the factors resulting in central Europe rainfall and our heatwave. Claire gets bored when he doesn't bite on her prompts re climate change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Listening there, is there any point sending Cahill to Tokyo to be holed up in a hotel, he just showed up how useless he was during Johnsons controversy where PK had to inform him live on air what was happening even though he was on the ground (I know time differences but......?)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

One of the best broadcasters RTE radio ever had. Unfortunately i think, given the way the CB show has evolved, i don't think they would want him. His reports contained way too much common sense. They would probably have looked to Cancel him to use the modern terminology. His reports were compulsive listening always treating people with respect.

Has a slot some evening now - plays a selection of his recordings. Worth catching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Think Claire was hoping someone on the gathering would go for the agenda she's been pushing for hospitality to stay closed but none of them were biting thankfully. Kept trying to push it the same agenda when the woman from the HSE over test and trace was on too. Anyway Sarah Carey was talking a lot of sense on the gathering and defended government and attacked Sinn Fein better than Niall Collins was able to do 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Claire is in a right jock here as she has to cover an important news story. Looks like the cooking around the world piece will be cut by two jars of Loyd Grossman.

ByGod Dempsey has a great welcome for himself

Occasions like today only serve to remind me of how many gold-plated pensions we are still paying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I see that McDowell has forgotten how Dessie shafted him as possible leader of the PD's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭serfboard

I wouldn't be Fianna Fail's biggest fan, but Sean Fleming comes across as a decent enough fella and I thought that it was a good interview with him. Fianna Fail are going to need to do more than upping their social media game to comabt their decline in the polls. (And I know that he didn't just use that as the reason).

On the Dessie O'Malley tribute, none of the contributors (John Bowman, Michael McDowell and Mary O'Rourke) could really say what what his legacy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Good loser

Read his biography (or was it an auto)

Turgid, boring in the extreme. As bad as Steve Gerrards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

O dear God, enough of this S**** regarding re opening, I'm sick of it.

Open up fully or not at all, there's been weeks of convoluted nonsense, guidelines, DO"S AND DON'TS, it's just gone beyond farce at this stage, the AG and cabinet can't even agree on approach. I dunno, this Reopening of hospitality plan seems to have more holes in it than Swiss cheese (no pun intended),

Adrian Cummins (RAI) got a verbal slapping on another station earlier about this absurd notion people should be allowed enter premises and only be asked for their covid certs when they are sitting at a table or at point of sale , has this buffoon actually ever worked in hospitality. If there's one thing I'm looking forward to when all this is over, is the likes of Industry lobbyists/vested interests, no longer clogging up the airwaves with utter nonsense & claptrap.

Anyone who thinks for a second there'll be much adherence to these proposed rules by businesses on their knee's is deluded, There's as much of chance of Leo Varadkar joining SF than restaurant or bar asking a person who's part of a group and unable to provide proof of Vacination to leave. I'm just astonished so much time and alledged effort has been put into such a farce.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Leo Varadkar on P Kenny after 11am this morning

Good old ding dong with Sammy Wilson. An election up in NI mightn't be the worst idea at this stage and let the ordinary citizens give their verdict on both hard line Unionism & Nationalism. As it is, they are poorly served by those elected to represent them.

All a stalling exercise till we get to September and most people over 18 will have been offered a vaccine. When we reach this stage, all this palaver will start to evaporate like the morning dew.

Have to agree, It has all the hallmarks of delaying tatics

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He insisted on writing it himself despite the reservations of his publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The Olympics start today and there's no international football anytime soon so Claire is speaking to Stephen Kenny, the Irish football manager 🙄

Claire in fiesty form this morning, Housing minister asked to explain the delay in housing plan, Minister doesn't appear to accept there is a delay? Yet every Tom dick and Harry think there is. I thought a 4 week delay is infact an actual Delay?

• Advertisement

I can't contain my excitement, I'm not a football fan generally by god bless Stephen Kenny who seems amiable enough but god, he's an absolute bore and whilst I vaguely understand the shocking results to date, it's beyond embarrassing at this stage.

Advertisement