Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

old vehicle off road how to end the off road

Options
  • 21-08-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

old vehicle on off road is there any way to bring it to an end.
    or dose it go on for ever .is there any form to do this ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭w124man

mi99 wrote: »
    old vehicle on off road is there any way to bring it to an end.
    or dose it go on for ever .is there any form to do this ,

Tax it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Unless you mean it has been scrapped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

It lasts 1 year maximum before it automatically expires. You either have to renew the off road declaration or tax it before it expires.

You can tax it at anytime during the off road period and it cancels the off road declaration automatically.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mi99

i was wondering if there was a way to end it anyone know what is the law on this how it ends .
    thank all who replied .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

i was wondering if there was a way to end it anyone know what is the law on this how it ends .
    thank all who replied .

Another way to end it is to scrap the car. You need a cert from a recognised dismantler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

thank all who replied .

Short answer is no. You cannot 'end' the period of the Off the Road Declaration without doing one of the following things:

1. Change of ownership of the vehicle
    2. Tax the vehicle
    3. Scrap the vehicle via a licensed scrapyard, hand in the registration cert and you will receive a certificate of destruction in the post a week later.

However the Off the Road Declaration period will end automatically on its expiry date which is a minimum of 3 months and max of a year.

Reading between the lines here as to why ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

thank all who replied .

All you have to do to end it, is tax it.

Or sell it to a new owner (who then has to take care of such declarations)

Or scrap it via a proper scrapyard.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement