Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The world when this is over

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

theguzman wrote: »
    Biden in his day no-way, He is a front for some very dangerous minded people, if he wins which I think he will then I can see Trump declaring Martial Law or some type of coup to hold onto power.

Trump could go down that road regardless of his opponents and what they might represent, he is nuts.

In 10/11 weeks, Joe Biden is 78 years old. Trump was 69 gaining the presidency and 74 now which is probably on the high side of desirable. Biden will be 83 leaving office if successful.

I think that’s not ideal to be honest. A job of that pressure and magnitude needs to be entrusted to a person whom is closer towards their prime.

I know some say that’s a bit ageist but the job is going to be in the upcoming years as demanding as it’s ever been, more-so. People can point out Presidents who presided and led in times of world wars... realistically in some ways that’s a cake walk in comparison to what’s happening... there is no magic bullet, barring this vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Biden is a trojan horse. Kamala Harris is the real candidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

It will be like that Bill Hicks joke about the cure for aids, ' There'll be fcuking in the streets man.' :)

The amount of riding that'll go on when things start getting even remotely safe will be off the charts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

theguzman wrote: »
    Biden in his day no-way, He is a front for some very dangerous minded people, if he wins which I think he will then I can see Trump declaring Martial Law or some type of coup to hold onto power.

Wait let me understand this, Biden is dangerous because if he is democratically elected, Trump will declare martial law?

Surely you meant Trump is dangerous in that scenario?!?!?!?!?

Is this what we do, we lie down to force when it threatens our democracy?

Am I in stalinist russia now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Strumms wrote: »
    What covid has taught me, well hammered home, is that life is a gift. No more putting things like work in front of my own aspirations, family, friends and loved ones. I’m putting ME and US ( as in my loved ones ) first, front and center, always, without exception.

Life is to be enjoyed, not endured, every day. I’m going to be absolutely ruthless in my pursuit of happiness... anything or anybody who attempts to get in the path of that will find themselves in ‘difficulty’... be it an employer, anything. Give me trouble, you’ll get it back...

Everything everyday is going to be fun, positive, enjoyable, fair...

tenor.gif?itemid=5089552

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Strumms wrote: »
    What covid has taught me, well hammered home, is that life is a gift. No more putting things like work in front of my own aspirations, family, friends and loved ones. I’m putting ME and US ( as in my loved ones ) first, front and center, always, without exception.

Life is to be enjoyed, not endured, every day. I’m going to be absolutely ruthless in my pursuit of happiness... anything or anybody who attempts to get in the path of that will find themselves in ‘difficulty’... be it an employer, anything. Give me trouble, you’ll get it back...

Everything everyday is going to be fun, positive, enjoyable, fair...

How is the employer giving you difficulty? Is he not the person paying your salary to allow you enjoy life?

How about you quit. Then you'll have no bother with your employer. See how you get on without him.

Advertisement