Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned From Soccer Forum

Options
  • 21-08-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned from the soccer forum for 3 months.

I posted in the new general PL thread 20/21.

I thought my thread ban only considered the 19/20 thread.

Just wondering can it be overturned as I have not really done much wrong aoart from misunderstanding the thread ban.
    Also I feel some of my previous cards were a bit harsh
    very tough to take.
    We are only 24 points clear PL champions & world champions.

If only we had a player called Bruno who gets penalties when he tackles someone.
    that was carded as baiting despite posting it in the LFC thread as a joke.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You picked up a yellow card. The ban was under the forum "totting-up" process

Have you discussed this with the mod who issued the card (and resultant ban), and if so did you make a genuine attempt to resolve this directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Beasty wrote: »
    You picked up a yellow card. The ban was under the forum "totting-up" process

Have you discussed this with the mod who issued the card (and resultant ban), and if so did you make a genuine attempt to resolve this directly?

Yes he feels it is deserved & issue resolved.

May f my cards have been incredibly harsh

very tough to take.
    We are only 24 points clear PL champions & world champions.

If only we had a player called Bruno who gets penalties when he tackles someone.
    posted in LFC thread. Would undertsrand possibly if it was in the Man Utd thread

Originally Posted by MD1990
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShamoBuc
    Hi MD1990,

Hope all is well.

I would like if you could explain to me the purpose of your post today in the General Thread, commenting " Job done by the PL today and all season".

Sounds like baiting other fans to me.

Kind regards,

ShamoBuc
    Hi
    Just giving my point of view about all the VAR calls Man Utd have received.

Imo it the PL wanted them in the top 4.

Im baiting fans if I say abythibg negative. Anther very harsh card again.

It is the same mod on each occasion giving me very soft cards.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Which yellow are you appealing?

Which yellow are you appealing?

all 3 & my ban

Very well, if you wish a CMod to dig back over an extended period over sanctions you chose not to dispute at the time I will make it clear that this process is not one-way. CMods can choose to increase sanctions and can review your entire history in the forum in considering this

This is not a hint or instruction to the CMod, but simply something I think you need to understand if you wish to take this approach

• Advertisement

Sorry I should also have asked for confirmation you have attempted to resolve each of the 3 yellows directly with the relevant mod(s)?

Sorry I should also have asked for confirmation you have attempted to resolve each of the 3 yellows directly with the relevant mod(s)?

I did. They feel it is fair.

I think a 3rd party to judge would be fair since there is a disagreement.

All 3?

OK, as I've already said you could end up with changes in either direction to sanctions applied

I will let the Sports CMod (we only have one active one at present) know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi can you post here or forward me via pm the discussions you had relating to each card that you are disputing.

Please make it clear which pm / response relates to which card and quote the card# in the reply.

From most recent:
    Card #3 - General Premier League Thread 2020-21 - issued 21-08-2020
    Card #2 - Football & Coronavirus [READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST - updated 06-05-20] - issued 28-05-2020
    Card #1 - Turn off thanks in soccer? - issued 09-05-2020
    It is the same mod on each occasion giving me very soft cards.
    Not according to what I can see, there were 2 mods involved in the 3 most recent cards.

Anyway, please get back to me with some details and I'll take a look.

Have them forwarded now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks, I have a bit to read through there so please bear with me.

Steve wrote: »
    Thanks, I have a bit to read through there so please bear with me.

Any update on this Steve?

I'm still looking at it, I'm the only sports cmod at the mo so have a lot on. :)

Hi, I've looked at all you sent me. Problem is I need to know the dates you sent / received the pm's with the mods.

Can you furnish this?

I'll be asking the same from the mods concerned.

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I have looked in depth into the cards you have appealed and the resulting conversations that you had with the mods.

I am at a loss to why you chose to appeal them to be honest, I cannot find any fault with how the mods handled them. I can only surmise that you felt there was 'nothing to lose' by coming here - I certainly don't appreciate that and the lost time I've had to put in to investigating this.

Your closing comment in the pm to a mod:
    "Yeah that is a very harsh card.
    No way I deserve a 3 month ban"

That flies in the face of the forum rules that have been built up and agreed upon over years of discussion and feedback between members and mods - and all of a sudden it should not apply to you?

As I said, I'm not seeing how the mods acted in error here.

Back to you to convince me otherwise.

No response from the OP in over 4 weeks. I'll give it another 3 days, but will then close it up if there are no further comments made by the OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement