Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losers

Options
  • 22-08-2020 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭

All I see in every contentious issues these day's, is losers not accepting they lost, and use wormy rhetoric to try and find a way to have their opinion's justified.

It's all tied into this idea of equality. My opinion is as valid as yours, even when those opinions are diametrically the opposite of each other. In the case of diametrically opposed opinions, this is absurd.

I think this is an increasing tactic of the Left, and a worrying one. I see it here all the time.

Why it is worrying is because I think it will ultimately lead to social discord. It's social discord lite atm but I think it will get worse if left unrecognised, hence this thread. Yes, I am worried about it.

No doubt the Left have taken a hit in recent years after a period of success. In response to this turn, they don't seem to want to accept it.

As a tactic of the Left they vilify their opponents, no matter what the personal character of their opponents. A case is point is the vilification of Boris Johnson, say he's a racist, when most normies think he's generally a nice enough guy.

What is happening how, here even, is discussions that are conducted in bad faith.

More and more I see people with ideological opinions, and argue as best they can, in support of their ido opinions no matter what, even when on specific point's they know they are wrong, but won't admit it.

I can only conclude what this is all about, is people who have lost the argument, or have lost in terms of numbers of people who agree with them, are throwing a tantrum, and trying to get what they want despite public opinion is against them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Post reported, for use of the word normies

...and just reported in general

When your parlance is peppered with "losers" and "normies", it's difficult to take you seriously. And Boris Johnson isn't a racist, he's a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No-one else remembers his "bin liners" and "letterboxes" remarks then?

Wrote plenty of nasty stuff about the Irish back in the day, too.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It's the virtue-signalling cucks you need to watch out for - they're trained in cultural marxism which is a sort of martial art I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Don't you know 75% of the voters didn't reject Sinn Fein because only their voters matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,023 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's the virtue-signalling cucks you need to watch out for - they're trained in cultural marxism which is a sort of martial art I believe.

People really need to get off YouTube and stop consuming all of this modern US garbage.

I'm going for my pink belt next week, if the wife lets me of course.

Um, possible sarcasm fail, o1s1n?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

o1s1n wrote: »
    People really need to get off YouTube and stop consuming all of this modern US garbage.

I agree. The quality of discourse is so much better on Boards.ie, home of the intelligentsia.

• Advertisement

OP, comma, comma, comma, comma, comma, comma, come on and make your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Post reported, for use of the word normies

...and just reported in general
    When your parlance is peppered with "losers" and "normies", it's difficult to take you seriously. And Boris Johnson isn't a racist, he's a clown.

I rest my case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Precisely. We don't need any Antifa sort in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

Why get into these arguments? Why do you need to feel right and make these people agree with you, when it should be obvious they think differently?

Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, **** on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Never argue with an idiot, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

The real question is are you an idiot or a loser? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

You'll see them prancing around most arcades and shopping centers while real men are out fishing, golfing, hunting, surfing and being men...

Cucks, little do they know their wife's are shagging Dishy Dave and Chad from accounts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

AllForIt wrote: »
    All I see in every contentious issues these day's, is losers not accepting they lost, and use wormy rhetoric to try and find a way to have their opinion's justified.

It's all tied into this idea of equality. My opinion is as valid as yours, even when those opinions are diametrically the opposite of each other. In the case of diametrically opposed opinions, this is absurd.

I think this is an increasing tactic of the Left, and a worrying one. I see it here all the time.

Why it is worrying is because I think it will ultimately lead to social discord. It's social discord lite atm but I think it will get worse if left unrecognised, hence this thread. Yes, I am worried about it.

No doubt the Left have taken a hit in recent years after a period of success. In response to this turn, they don't seem to want to accept it.

As a tactic of the Left they vilify their opponents, no matter what the personal character of their opponents. A case is point is the vilification of Boris Johnson, say he's a racist, when most normies think he's generally a nice enough guy.

What is happening how, here even, is discussions that are conducted in bad faith.

More and more I see people with ideological opinions, and argue as best they can, in support of their ido opinions no matter what, even when on specific point's they know they are wrong, but won't admit it.

I can only conclude what this is all about, is people who have lost the argument, or have lost in terms of numbers of people who agree with them, are throwing a tantrum, and trying to get what they want despite public opinion is against them.

I've not often read an amount of text that says nothing at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Seemingly Casey Affleck got more pussy then Ben, or so I am told. Loved him in Gone baby Gone btw.

I never understood how they could hear each other in a crowded boozer on Student night either, its only in the movies the working class dudes are pals with a maths genius who lives in a broken down car.

I feel sorry for the posh dude looking out for the babes all things considered, he was just trying to be a gentleman. If a gang of scrotes in soccer jerseys tried to ride your bird you might do the same, no matter how bad your history was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am not really sure tbh. The fat dude looks perplexed? What is she trying to say?

Cards on the table here, I lost interest after a while.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I blame the ads. Mid roll ads in many YouTube videos now.

Or maybe OP isn't getting enough likes on his own YouTube videos or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

It's all tied into this idea of equality. My opinion.... Snip

Another tedious clichéd ridden rant

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Isn't everyone 'left' of an extreme right wing fascist??

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

This is where I knew you were taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I just like the idea of a lad posting on an Internet forum at 1:26 on a Saturday morning calling other people losers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Dodge wrote: »
    I just like the idea of a lad posting on an Internet forum at 1:26 on a Saturday morning calling other people losers
    Probably waiting for the wife to come in from her "yoga" class. The instructor wanted to give her some extra tuition

Edgware wrote: »
    Probably waiting for the wife to come in from her "yoga" class. The instructor wanted to give her some extra tuition

Don't think that's the case for the op from what they have claimed previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Haven't seen that many lefts used since Ali beat Fraizer in 71.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hillary is the biggest loser in history.

nthclare wrote: »
    You'll see them prancing around most arcades and shopping centers while real men are out fishing, golfing, hunting, surfing and being men...

"Hi, you know my real-man husband (snigger) is off all day doing his stupid fishing again...."
    "Hahaha, again! See you in 15 minutes babe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Hillary is the biggest loser in history.

Let it go, you'll feel better

Advertisement