Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCL Prebuild

Options
  • 22-08-2020 6:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

CCL Prebuild

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT 3.9GHz
    RAM 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
    Graphics GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 7GB
    Storage 512GB Adata XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe SSD
    2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD
    Wi-Fi 1,300Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi
    Gigabyte 450AORUS ELITE AMD Motherboard

1486 GBP.

I have a budget of about 1500 and am looking for something that will keep up for quite a while. Specifically at the moment for MSFS2020. I know theres new GPUs out soon but I reckon the cost of those will be huge. I don't mind paying for the build. I've built my own over the years but couldn't be bothered anymore.

Aside from the premium of having someone else put it together would this be a good, futureproof system for the price ? Any suggestions for change ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

CPU may be useful for MSFS2020 down the road but at the moment it's a DX11 limited title and only uses 4 cores. There isn't much difference between the 3700 and 3800 CPUs and from what I recall not much point in going for the XT variants.

The 2070 has been discontinued AFAIK so that is a tier of card that will get replaced soon enough I would have thought.

More NVMe storage would be advisable if you want to install anymore games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

CPU may be useful for MSFS2020 down the road but at the moment it's a DX11 limited title and only uses 4 cores. There isn't much difference between the 3700 and 3800 CPUs and from what I recall not much point in going for the XT variants.

The 2070 has been discontinued AFAIK so that is a tier of card that will get replaced soon enough I would have thought.

More NVMe storage would be advisable if you want to install anymore games on it.

Thanks for that. Any advice on how to make it any better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Me personally I'd be looking for something based on the B550 chipset for PCIe 4.0 as you are going for a good GPU. I'd save money by going with a 3700X - if it saves you a significant amount. Sometimes with prebuilts there can be some odd pricing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Where are you buying all the parts
    Make sure the 450 mother board has upgraded bios also look at b550 and x570 mother boards prices are finally dropping and should. Be getting close to 450 prices
    Memory prices are also coming down Nvidia will try to remove the 2600 and 2700 GPU so people. Will buy it's newer GPU in September. Expect amd to drop GPU prices to compete . Make sure the brand of memory you use on ryzen build is on the approved motherboard list that you use or you will have lots of intermittent problems they say do that with Intel build but ryzen has worse memory problems lots of good youtube build guides

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Me personally I'd be looking for something based on the B550 chipset for PCIe 4.0 as you are going for a good GPU. I'd save money by going with a 3700X - if it saves you a significant amount. Sometimes with prebuilts there can be some odd pricing.

B550 will have less PCIe 4.0 lanes than x570 most lanes on b550 are PCIe 3.0

From reddit post
    X 570 have 24 pcie 4 lanes coming from the cpu. 16x are used for the gpu, 4x for a m.2 and a pcie 4x4 goes to the chipset. The chipset has pcie 4 x16 but they are used in a configuration determined by the motherboard manufacturer.

B550 has 20 pcie 4. It uses x16 for a gpu and 4x for an m.2 but the chipset on has pcie 3 x4 .The 3x4 pcie lanes either go to a 2nd m.2 or a bottom pcie slot.

Some B550 boards can split the limited pcie4 bandwidth up in crazier ways but they all offer 16 lanes for a gpu and 4 for a m.2 drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement