Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding 2nd router

• 22-08-2020 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

I have changed to Eir, I had a TP Link C540 just a year old and it worked well so just used this and i still have eir router. I now need to add a home office in the back garden for work.

I ran a cable out from the above C540 lan and connected it to a tp link extender via a lan connector but nothing.

I then tried connecting the Eir Fibre box 1a out and tried to connect my phone to it, afer connecting its saying connected but no internet.

I also have a d link 8 port switch work sent me out but not sure i need it.

so with all the above could i get some help on setting up what i need to get this working.

I presume i need to get the 2nd router on the same IP but need some guidance

thanks

Comments

Advertisement