Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Francis - 24th/25th August 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Theres gusts here and they feel as strong as Darwin or Ophelia. Not as constant tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Wild driving rain here the last few mins in D3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Power cut twice during the night in South Kilkenny. Which is funny because storm Ellen didn't effect our power at all.

Currently in Wexford and quite strong gusts. Feels worse than last night for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lunch al fresco in Meath before the rain rolls in. Warm and breezy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Wild driving rain here the last few mins in D3

Out here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Blowing an absolute gale here since early morning. Lots more fairly sizable branches down. No sign of it abating. Ground saturated from additional rsinfall last night. North Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Met Eireann forecasting average winds of 50kph for the next 6 to 7 hours for my part of Wicklow. Don't know if all of my trees can withstand the battering they're getting at the moment for that long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Just watching the radar and guessed you would be wondering what all the fuss is about :)

Pretty miserable to your south

Yeah, seem to be missing out on those bands of rain here. Nothing but spits all day, which sums up this entire summer so far. Summer 2020 shall be known as the 'Summer of spits' by me.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Kutebride wrote: »
    Lunch al fresco in Meath before the rain rolls in. Warm and breezy.

And after a dry window it's now pouring rain. Warm 18C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Last 24 hour totals based on radar returns:

2b2W9Gt.gif

Looks a total mess given the crap coverage from Shannon radar.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It was windy enough last night, but it seems we have escaped the heaviest of the rain. Is that place in Kerry that got 86mm high up? Also that must exceed the total that occurred down there in late August of 1986. I was fairly young back then but i have memories of it being a very wet Summer overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Gusts very strong here, portarlington co laois

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Windspeed of 65 km/hr and gusts of 93 km/hr in the last hour at Oak Park. Power outages all over the area. Theres a tree down on the Dublin-Waterford railway line outside Carlow also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Worst winds of the summer here in southside Dublin with three degree temperature drop and veering of winds to from SE to SW. Garden plants taking a right battering :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Supercell wrote: »
    Worst winds of the summer here in southside Dublin with three degree temperature drop and veering of winds to from SE to SW. Garden plants taking a right battering :(

I have given up with the plants, I put all the pots back out after Ellen and now everything is battered, afraid to look out the back window at the sole surviving sunflower.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Supercell wrote: »

Yes its truly miserable
    Its not getting any sunny pleasant days later on to compensate that makes it more hard to take.

Covid meant no 2 week sun holiday, its starting to get to me now, thought i was okay with it but the brutal summer has not helped in any way.

Utterly miserable today (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its a winters day.........in August.

I have had the heating on twice today.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Last 24 hour totals based on radar returns:

2b2W9Gt.gif

Looks a total mess given the crap coverage from Shannon radar.

People may say this wasn't a big event in terms of wind but several large urban centres have been moved appreciably Eastwards. Worrying times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

fits wrote: »
    Windspeed of 65 km/hr and gusts of 93 km/hr in the last hour at Oak Park. Power outages all over the area. Theres a tree down on the Dublin-Waterford railway line outside Carlow also.

It's wild around Carlow. Branches and debris all over the places. Passed a jcb with a grabber on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

It's wild around Carlow. Branches and debris all over the places. Passed a jcb with a grabber on the front.

Wind seems to be easing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

48.3 kts gust recorded at Dun Laoghaire harbour just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Wind picking up big time in Dublin within this band of rain

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wind picking up big time in Dublin within this band of rain

Yes....very gusty in Dublin 16. Horrible afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Mr_A wrote: »
    People may say this wasn't a big event in terms of wind but several large urban centres have been moved appreciably Eastwards. Worrying times.

Which ones have moved? The cities look like they're in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Trees starting to bend severely in Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

fits wrote: »
    Wind seems to be easing now.

Clearance visible to the south/south west. They were some very strong gusts in the last hour. Anything weakened by Ellen will be down.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mav11 wrote: »
    48.3 kts gust recorded at Dun Laoghaire harbour just now.

Recent gust of 51.3 kts in DL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4pm
    Oak park gusting 48 knots
    Johnstown castle gusting 46 knots
    Casement gusting 42 knots

Advertisement