Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends Boxing 22/8 (Whyte v Povetkin, Taylor v Persoon, Alvarez v Smith Jr etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

You gotta feel for someone that left everything, absolutely everything in the ring the way Persoon did, but it’s boxing not brawling.

Fair play, great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

2 judges were fair enough but 98-93 ? That man should not be judging a boxing match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Glad to see the judges aren't listening to the Sky commentators. Katie won 7 rounds fairly clearly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Persoon has a terrible style (for me), but what an engine. There was no doubt Taylor landed the better quality shots although it will be interesting to see the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Persoon, shes some engine and some tough nut! Enjoyable scrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Persoon took the fight at short notice.
    Taylor stupidly stood with her and despite saying movement s needed. As a professional she should not be doing that. She needs to stick to the plan.

What?

She was forced to fight at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

As much as I hate to say it, Taylor lost that fight.

Them two judges need there heads checked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Could have went either way, think a draw would have been fair but what was that judge watching to give it that wide!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I had no sound, what was the score given by the judges

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Persoon didn't even protest the result so we shouldn't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Persoon certainly does not seem unhappy with the result.
    I think she was just happy to get the rematch to be honest.
    Very sloppy fight, Taylor allowed to fight half the fight with her torso perpendicular to the canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Person is a great great loser, she clapped when the results came in and then she bowed to Katie, what a great loser

UrbanFret wrote: »
    2 judges were fair enough but 98-93 ? That man should not be judging a boxing match.

You are slating the judge based off a couple rds here..

Can you give the rounds where he was so off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,437 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

walshb wrote: »
    Why?

Give us your card and breakdown so..

You’re very defensive. You were having a go at some lad a while ago for not wanting her to win. Anyone without blinkers on could see she didn’t win that by 5 rounds FFS

Persoon has a terrible style (for me), but what an engine. There was no doubt Taylor landed the better quality shots although it will be interesting to see the stats.

Not good for woman's boxing if Persoon was to win with that style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I had it a draw.

Guess they had to protect the golden goose.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Persoon miss alot of shots, Taylor won easy for me

Person is a great great loser, she clapped when the results came in and then she bowed to Katie, what a great loser

This time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Neater work by Taylor and you can’t score for wrestling but that distance is a joke. All the guys at ringside had Persoon. I had Katie 6/4 but hadn’t much confidence in that. Persoon so classy about losing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭Speak Now

theballz wrote: »

Only 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Glad to see the judges aren't listening to the Sky commentators. Katie won 7 rounds fairly clearly IMO.

I'd comfortably give her 4 rounds clean but nowhere near 7

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

I had no sound, what was the score given by the judges

98-93 96-94 96-94

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

The refs look for quality I guess more so than work rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

theballz wrote: »

No she actually won.

16 from 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I've said it many times but there are seriously issues with the judging or the point system of the sport if professional judges are so widely apart in their scoring.

I tell you one thing though, if you ever need a hole dug to Australia then Persoon is your woman. She is absolutely relentless. You would have to think that she would be suited to one of the more stamina based sports like rowing or something.

fullstop wrote: »
    You’re very defensive. You were having a go at some lad a while ago for not wanting her to win. Anyone without blinkers on could see she didn’t win that by 5 rounds FFS

Defensive?

No, I prefer some actual analysis, that is all..

Anyway, you seem not to have it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I had Taylor by 3 or 4 personally. Persoon was hitting shoulders and arms a lot. Some engine on her and she left everything in there but she was outboxed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I'm confused, don't know much about boxing but watched most of that fight and your one smashed Katie... no?

ebbsy wrote: »
    I had it a draw.

Guess they had to protect the golden goose.

If we seen Katie do to Persoon what Persoon did to Katie there. Katie would have won by a massive margin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭squinn2912

People giving it to Taylor easy were very quiet during the fight. Gimme a break

Advertisement