Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2020 - Will the recruitment campaign go ahead this year?

Options
  • 22-08-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Just writing to see if anyone has any information if the planned recruitment campaign will even go ahead in 2020?

Obliviously this has been a crazy year for the country, so I wouldn't be surprised if no recruitment campaign happened this year. But has there been any sign of the direction the Garda are taking, on whether or not to go ahead with it, or wait until sometime in 2021 when COVID-19 will hopefully be a thing of the past.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jose1997

zoomanjo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just writing to see if anyone has any information if the planned recruitment campaign will even go ahead in 2020?

Obliviously this has been a crazy year for the country, so I wouldn't be surprised if no recruitment campaign happened this year. But has there been any sign of the direction the Garda are taking, on whether or not to go ahead with it, or wait until sometime in 2021 when COVID-19 will hopefully be a thing of the past.

Could be something in September but not sure yet there saying it could be till next year before the campaign reopen :) I’m on the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paul2020

Does anyone have any update on recruitment since? Is 33/34 yrs too old to join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Paul2020 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any update on recruitment since? Is 33/34 yrs too old to join?

no word on anything and there probably wont be this side of xmas, the budget tomorrow will tell us a lot and 36 is the age limit

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jose1997

Are they starting a new campaign or continuing the current ongoing campaign:)

Advertisement