Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Phone

Options
  • 22-08-2020 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Could anyone recommend a good sim free android phone for around €100-,€150.
    It's use would be mainly for social media and podcasts.
    I'm on Virgin media but will be changing provider in a few months.
    Or else would I be better off buying a phone and paying to get it unlocked.

Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

edwaybuy dot com but change which country you buy it from as they have different prices it all come from Germany by ups try the Spanish page
    it comes in 5 days but watch out for ups they try not deliver it and get you to collect it i had to email the seller as ups kept it extra 4 days then they got on to ups who delivered it 2 hours later
    i would go with Redmi note 9s for 179 on Spanish page but 189 on German page its a good phone you could go with the redmi 9 for 150 but it's not as good as the 9s it's worth paying extra for 9s edwaybuy is owned by manufacturer i think .they also have phones for 79 and 129 but you might be disappointed look up phone reviews there is a redmimw note pro for 259 but i think it just has better camera than 9s

• Registered Users Posts: 23 biscut

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    edwaybuy dot com but change which country you buy it from as they have different prices it all come from Germany by ups try the Spanish page
    it comes in 5 days but watch out for ups they try not deliver it and get you to collect it i had to email the seller as ups kept it extra 4 days then they got on to ups who delivered it 2 hours later
    i would go with Redmi note 9s for 179 on Spanish page but 189 on German page its a good phone you could go with the redmi 9 for 150 but it's not as good as the 9s it's worth paying extra for 9s edwaybuy is owned by manufacturer i think .they also have phones for 79 and 129 but you might be disappointed look up phone reviews there is a redmimw note pro for 259 but i think it just has better camera than 9s

That's great Bobbyy, thanks very much for all the information. I'm a bit of a luddite so I guess these phones are much better than what you'd buy in Ireland over the counter or from an Irish seller online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

would second the redmi note 9 (there are a few versions, the s, the non s, and the pro).

Here's the 9 on amazon uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Redmi-Midnight-Official-Version/dp/B089RBYGT2?th=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

would second the redmi note 9 (there are a few versions, the s, the non s, and the pro).

Here's the 9 on amazon uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Redmi-Midnight-Official-Version/dp/B089RBYGT2?th=1
    don't buy the 9 buy the 9s
    amazons price is high for 9
    at edwaybuy you can buy the 9s cheaper
    the 9 has a worse cpu and camera is worse
    Chinese phone prices are cheap when they come out to catch market share then after mpnth or 2 they go up even when newer models come out the one above the 9s just has better camera for lot more money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 biscut

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    don't buy the 9 buy the 9s
    amazons price is high for 9
    at edwaybuy you can buy the 9s cheaper
    the 9 has a worse cpu and camera is worse
    Chinese phone prices are cheap when they come out to catch market share then after mpnth or 2 they go up even when newer models come out the one above the 9s just has better camera for lot more money

Thanks I went for the Redmi 9 on eglobal. Got it for €123.
    Cheers

Advertisement