Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Right, from my badly totted up read of the voting thread we currently have around 6 people on 1 vote.

Too late to do now but we really should be doing FFAs from tomorrow. Its better to have 2/3 realistic wagons than it is to have votes spread everywhere because it is much easier for wolves to hide in single votes when it's like this.

Particularly as we'll have 4 people with self votes also if they don't post between now and then.

Can we trigger an auto vote count from Rikand's counter or can only he do that?

hastily put together voting list

Abigail WW
    Barbara WW - Fiona WW
    Clodagh WW
    Riona WW
    Fiona WW - Katie WW
    Frank WW - Clodagh WW
    Gabriel WW - Abigail WW
    Henry WW - Holly WW
    Holly WW - Henry WW
    Mary WW -
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Katie WW
    Steve WW - Oisin WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Not voting (11): , Barbara WW, Riona WW, Frank WW, Gabriel WW, Mary WW, Nigel WW, Orla WW, Phil WW, Steve WW, Vernon WW, Wendy WW

7 people with one vote on them. At the moment, I'm leaning towards voting Holly - just didn't like the way she said she'd vote me earlier for doing chit chat, yet had only issues with Phil or Riona doing the same thing.

Is there any merit to lynching low posters, or is that better left until tomorrow?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    7 people with one vote on them. At the moment, I'm leaning towards voting Holly - just didn't like the way she said she'd vote me earlier for doing chit chat, yet had only issues with Phil or Riona doing the same thing.

Is there any merit to lynching low posters, or is that better left until tomorrow?

was half thinking that myself, but am not gonna tonight unless something drastic happens.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Slightly frustrating that we've got 5 players with less posts than the mod. 2 players with only 1 post.

You find that frustrating but when I vote for Gabriel for the reason of being a low poster you agree that it’s a “flakey, flakey vote”

Talking out both sides of your mouth there Steve

I’m voting for low posters in the absence of anything more concrete. There was a game this year where the “winning” wolf had 14 posts over four days. It annoyed me

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Too late to do now but we really should be doing FFAs from tomorrow. Its better to have 2/3 realistic wagons than it is to have votes spread everywhere because it is much easier for wolves to hide in single votes when it's like this.
    Hard to do FFAs when no one is posting much of substance and personally I'm a bit rusty with no werewolf in ages. i agree with you thats its easy for wolves to hide now though.

Henry was on 2 votes and changed his self vote to Holly.

Holly was on 2 votes then Fiona changed to Babs.

Only thing we can read so far from votes i'd imagine.

Mary WW wrote: »
    was half thinking that myself, but am not gonna tonight unless something drastic happens.

who's your main suspect for tonight?

If our 3 low posters don't return before lynch, as the voting stand we'll actually have 10 players with one vote each. Seriously divided town for the first night.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    You find that frustrating but when I vote for Gabriel for the reason of being a low poster you agree that it’s a “flakey, flakey vote”

Talking out both sides of your mouth there Steve

I’m voting for low posters in the absence of anything more concrete. There was a game this year where the “winning” wolf had 14 posts over four days. It annoyed me

Both sentences are true. I'm frustrated that we have low posters and I also agree that placing a vote on a low poster and then not posting anything else is a flakey vote.

If our 3 low posters don't return before lynch, as the voting stand we'll actually have 10 players with one vote each. Seriously divided town for the first night.

holly for the good list is the only inclination i have so far

and terrible for wagonomics. although that plays less of a role if no auto priest.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Hard to do FFAs when no one is posting much of substance and personally I'm a bit rusty with no werewolf in ages. i agree with you thats its easy for wolves to hide now though.

Henry was on 2 votes and changed his self vote to Holly.

Holly was on 2 votes then Fiona changed to Babs.

Only thing we can read so far from votes i'd imagine.

It is hard for village to do FFAs but it is even harder for wolves and we need to put the pressure on. We may just be guessing but they are actively lying. Single votes are useless later in the game and without wagons then it allows wolves to stay quiet in the run up to the lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    I believe No Lynch is always an option. Not a good one IMO but an option nonetheless

This post was made early in the game today,

Whats the logic begind this post Oisin?

If your against a no lynch, why suggest it indirectly.

Yeah just noticed that. Thats my bad. I read actions as tasks in Rikands post last night
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    No tasks? Were we? I remember a notice that there were no actions on night zero, but that didn't say to me that there was no tasks.

Can you find for me where we were told there was no tasks yesterday.

Or Oisin knows theirs no tasks as hes a wolf.

A wold slip here perhaps?
    I’m not sure it means anything other than “let’s get to know each other”. We were told later that there we no tasks yesterday evening.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    This post was made early in the game today,

Whats the logic begind this post Oisin?

If your against a no lynch, why suggest it indirectly.

Gabriel returns!

Frank, how are ya?

I've placed a vote on Holly for now, because out of the people posting she's the only real wolf lean I have.

I've placed a vote on Holly for now, because out of the people posting she's the only real wolf lean I have.

Why? I have more neutral read on Holly

Page 2 down, my only wilf lean thus far is Oisin, suggesting no lynch in directly.

He puts it out there but wont go as far as to endorse it.

Then why mention it at all Oisin?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Both sentences are true. I'm frustrated that we have low posters and I also agree that placing a vote on a low poster and then not posting anything else is a flakey vote.

But I will post other stuff. I said I might not be able to get back on so I stuck in a vote. You and Barbara are calling it flakey, which yer entitled to but it’s untrue.
    I gave reasons and I’ve voted based on that.
    Every vote is flakey by that reasoning

Frank WW wrote: »
    I was BORN lucky. I agree, no lynch is the worst option by the way. Have a vibe off Nigel at the moment. Nothing strong, just sentence construction and grammar.

Frank, why the emphasis on born here?

• Advertisement

Frank managing to sneak in a vote for Nigel but not making any comments on thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I just get a wolfie vibe off her. She went a bit mad doing some bizarre ISOs and doesn't get involved in and chats about the actual game.

I've been talking about the game the whole bloody game, you've not, as I pointed out earlier

Frank, why the emphasis on born here?

Oh interesting. I noticed a couple of people posting single words in all caps. Task?

Well a couple of little developments.

One player has made their way to the top of my list.

Steve performed quite the appearing act within 5 minutes of 2 players stating that he hadn’t posted yet.

And then jumping on the poetry stuff.

Now I don’t have any real reads on the poetry yet but it was the way he called it out. Just saying 3 wolves making poems.....

Seems a wolf tactic to just lump the 3 together. An easy finger point for him

So you dont like steve for jumping on the poetry stuff.

What wrong with him jumping on the poetry stuff ? Why is that wolfy?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

She responded quite aggressively to Clodagh's baiting of her and then disappeared. Perhaps just taking a breather from the game because their row was going nowhere.

I did think her insistence of not sharing any sort of town / wolf leans to be a bit odd. And so defensive of it.

I shared wolf leans on my ISO of you, Fiona and Clodagh! I won't give a town list, why would I or the group say I think x is town, give wolves an idea of who's on the good list (not likely to be lynched list)

Oh interesting. I noticed a couple of people posting single words in all caps. Task?

Who knows, let Frank clarify.

Who else have you noticed doing this?

Barbara WW wrote: »
    3 minutes later Steve pops along, coincidence, possibly but a very quick duck reply.

Excuse for not being here, will be back later

Puts forward reasoning for slow moving thread

Quotes Nigel, insinuating he was potentially advocating a no lynch

Conversations about mechanics, first lynch/munch etc

Finds all the wolf teams, said in jest anyway from his reply to Frank

Early days in a game due to little to go on with the no munch this morning, Steve has been called out for not posting, then highlighted he wont be around till this evening before a flurry of posts. Inconsistent with what he wrote in his first post as he obviously been around. Wolf posting to get himself out of the low/no poster pile is my read right now.

The last paragraph doesnt paint Steve in a good light to be fair

Who knows, let Frank clarify.

Who else have you noticed doing this?

You, Abigail, Frank, Clodagh and then Holly copied Clodagh's. I dunno, all seem plausible emphases.

You, Abigail, Frank, Clodagh and then Holly copied Clodagh's. I dunno, all seem plausible emphases.

Sorry, your grammar is horrible. What are you trying to say exactky5?

• Advertisement

*tumbleweed*

Advertisement