Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

day 1 voting:

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #32

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Nigel WW (2): Frank WW, Abigail WW
    Mary WW (2): Nigel WW, Holly WW
    Clodagh WW (2): Orla WW, Barbara WW
    Steve WW (2): Oisin WW, Gabriel WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW

did riona have many posts? wonder did she use her power?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Yes, frank catton was holly ww, yesterday’s lynch.

Holly WW is dead.
    Quote:
    You are Frank Catton

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Morning all

Strange wording for the kills

Who is Frank Catton?

The wording around Tess’s killing suggests she was currently a wolf. So if she was but there was a possibility of her switching it means the wolves BR team had to be anonymous. There couldn’t be a situation where Tess knew the WW characters and then switched to Danny. That would explain the low voting all round. If wolves didn’t know each other they wouldn’t have known who they could and couldn’t vote for.

If that’s correct it means we can’t read a whole pile into last nites voting patterns. Wolves could legitimately have been voting for each other even if they were in danger.

It also means that she is not the wolves kill so the working around her death is strange “ Who knows what she had done to anger this group of evils, but they decimated her”

The Riona is gone by one of Benedict’s goons. I suppose we’ll see tomorrow if that’s how the wolf kill is flavoured

thats true. the wolves would not have revealed in the backroom due to tess being convertible, unless one was in serious danger.

they will prob reveal to themselves today though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Abigail why the late vote on Nigel?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    The bolded is provably incorrect.
    It says
    At the time of Tess's death, they were unaffiliated with any team

Sorry that is true but it also says

“You're with Terry now and you're happy.”

• Advertisement

She was probably unaligned until the game mechanics game in to play.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Abigail why the late vote on Nigel?

Cause Gabriel showed up and started talking. I liked his posts.

The bolded is provably incorrect.
    It says

- You are the Confused Wolf :: You're with Terry now and you're happy. But part of you still wishes you were with Danny. Danny is trying to find you but he only has a certain amount of time to do it.
    If he's successful, he will try to persuade you to join him and if you do you will become a powerful member of team village.
    But if his persuasions are not successful or he dies before he gets to find you, you will join the wolf team as a vanilla wolf.

upon reading again, you're prob correct. tess would not have been in the backroom.

those 2 bolded bits is the confusion, but i think on balance she would not be in the backroom

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I'd assume that's based on the movie. Test starts out being with Terry but then switches allegiance.

Frank WW wrote: »
    She was probably unaligned until the game mechanics game in to play.

Possibly but it does suggest both could be true

• Advertisement

Confused wolf sounds like wolf not in the den.

I will be working of the assumption that the wolves in the den know each other.
    And potential converts not being in the den

Mary WW wrote: »
    day 1 voting:

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #32

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Nigel WW (2): Frank WW, Abigail WW
    Mary WW (2): Nigel WW, Holly WW
    Clodagh WW (2): Orla WW, Barbara WW
    Steve WW (2): Oisin WW, Gabriel WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW

did riona have many posts? wonder did she use her power?

If I was Riona I’d have peeked N1, possibly tracked someone. Vig I’d have kept to N2 or probably N3

Confused wolf sounds like wolf not in the den.

I will be working of the assumption that the wolves in the den know each other.
    And potential converts not being in the den

You are probably right on that. Not a whole lot of point dwelling on it.

Danny would wanted to have a pretty huge carrot to wave in front of Tess to get her to choose village over wolfs

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297080j388lguthkdrtmdlkw3dk9bpxth805vt38zx&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Morning guys,

Not too sore about Tess going with her potentially turning into a wolf to be honest, losing the jack of all trades however is a bit of a blow with all them actions.

I don’t think Tess was converted as was said her death note said she wasn’t on any side so I’d say Danny had a set amount of times he could look for her and if not she’d turn into a wolf. I played a role like that before. Having all the wolves in an anon BR would be too messy and go against game mechanics if the wolves don’t know who each other are.

Both players weren’t even on my radar yesterday, I recall Fiona posting a bit but did Riona post much?

You are probably right on that. Not a whole lot of point dwelling on it.

Danny would wanted to have a pretty huge carrot to wave in front of Tess to get her to choose village over wolfs

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297080j388lguthkdrtmdlkw3dk9bpxth805vt38zx&rid=giphy.gif

A huge carrot and orchestra stalls! :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Clodagh I never got the chance to ask last night but why did you try to goad me into changing votes in the last 20 minutes last night to Frank and then you changed your vote off him in the last minute?

Were you afraid I or someone else might actually jump onto him there in the end so you wanted to get out first?

I’m in work today but I’ll get on when I can and will be freed up in the evening time so can respond to anything then

Riona WW wrote: »
    Checking in also
    I'm figuring out the lie of the land
    I do like a game of poker
    I'm having a lucky streak on the table
    Just in from work. Won big last night with a starting hand of Jacks.

there's riona's 5 posts. role hunting wolves, cos there nothing there to give away a powerful role

So Orla with only 9 posts. Lets have a look
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Morning guys,

Just awake so I’m going to need a strong dose of caffeine before I start doing anything productive.

Fluff
    Haha I couldn’t even do a gif properly

Off to get my hit, be back in a bit

More fluff
    Hi guys,

Fell back asleep and only got up an hour ago :o

Just read the whole thread, posts from Frank, Barbara and Clodagh stood out to me while doing so. I’m just grabbing the laptop so I can look back and see if what I’m thinking makes sense and I’ll post again

I think Henry is just the Day1 lunatic who plays to the beat of his own drum. Very rarely turns out to be a wolf but almost certainly gets lynched in the first couple of days because people can’t make sense of the game play but there’s always one

Frank, Barbara & Clodagh stood out. Nothing more offered yet. Has Henry as probably village.

Big long ISO

Thoughts anyone?

Barbara is ok now it seems. Shade on Frank, latched on to a couple of throw away posts.

Takes issue with Clodagh based on her going for my poems as task. I might be mad but Clodagh is pure eager villager in these posts. Orla pushing the other way stinks of trying to set up a lynch candidate.
    I reckon he is yeah, from my previous post there's always a lunatic in the first couple of days and they're nearly always a villager and everyone thinks when they're dead "why on earth did he act that way?"

Where does you voting for someone who you think is town coming into it? I'm saying if you vote for your wolf buddy Frank because of reasoning that makes no sense knowing nobody else will do the same and everyone else voted for Henry and he flipped good then that would look good on you and something you could then use against the people who did vote for him

Interesting interaction despite the talking down to Clodagh. Purposely misunderstanding what Clodagh was saying?
    Vote gone in for Clodagh for the reasoning in my last two posts

Reasoning isnt great there, yeah.
    Seriously? :pac: I couldn't have been any clearer, you're the one who's not talking any sense with regard to the whole thing :rolleyes:

Challenged on Clodagh vote. Doesnt explain, just deflects.
    Clodagh I had considered voting for Frank in the beginning but he hasn't been here to defend himself and wolf lean or not I don't play shady like that but would you look here now I have my own wagon going.
    Anyone care to jump on the Clodagh train? Choo choo

Wolf lean on frank but voting Clodagh? More pushing to get Clodagh lynched.
    Clodagh did you purposefully misformat your vote on Holly and if so why? and why in the last minute?

What kind of a question is this? There's no way to answer it in a way that would satisy Orla, she's still leaning in to her Clodagh push.

I'll be voting Orla later unless something crazy happens. Her Henry comments are empty really, same as someone who discusses mechanics endlessly. Seems like a contribution but its just empty air. The Clodagh push is out of place too as she says she has me as a wolf lean.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Morning everyone.

Ive skimmed through last night and this mornings proceedings.

Ill need to go back and re read the hour or so before lynching. Still not sure how Holly didnt manage to save herself.

Have to think that munching Tess is great news for the village. Even if she ended up just being a vanilla wolf that wouldve been a pain in the ass.

So Terry definitely has goons (plural) anyway. I think it was Mary who put up a potential list of the numbers of good v bad players. From what I remember of it that could be looking very accurate now.

Ill be again in a while and will give my thoughts on last night once Ive had a chance to read through it again properly

Clodagh I never got the chance to ask last night but why did you try to goad me into changing votes in the last 20 minutes last night to Frank and then you changed your vote off him in the last minute?

Were you afraid I or someone else might actually jump onto him there in the end so you wanted to get out first?

I’m in work today but I’ll get on when I can and will be freed up in the evening time so can respond to anything then

You were on me.
    I was trying to entice you onto a proper wagon, not voting somebody who I knew was 100% a vilgaer.

As for moving off, i explained that last night. It was a self pres move, there were 6 of us on 2 votes, and I don't know the how the tie breaker for this game works, i have asked the thread twice now does anybody know and have got nothing back, so i can only assume nobody knows how the tie breaker works. I moved off a possible 6 way 6 to make holly the lead wagon.

I could choose who got lynched out of 5 players, frank not being one of them,

steve, nigel, clogagh (not really an option) , holly, mary.

My choice from those 5 was holly, and i wasn't shy of telling the thread of who i would lynch yesterday, so read back and you'll see that after frank, my pref was for holly out of those 5.

• Advertisement

henry, can you clarify this please:

are the 3 who voted holly good?

because lets face it, that will dramatically affect how we play today

You were on me.
    I was trying to entice you onto a proper wagon, not voting somebody who I knew was 100% a vilgaer.

Had you peeked Holly? Or have some other way of knowing she was village?

If not then nobody only herself and the wolves knew she was 100% village

You were on me.

As for moving off, i explained that last night. It was a self pres move, there were 6 of us on 2 votes, and I don't know the how the tie breaker for this game works, i have asked the thread twice now does anybody know and have got nothing back, so i can only assume nobody knows how the tie breaker works. I moved off a possible 6 way 6 to make holly the lead wagon.

I could choose who got lynched out of 5 players, frank not being one of them,

steve, nigel, clogagh (not really an option) , holly, mary.

My choice from those 5 was holly, and i wasn't shy of telling the thread of who i would lynch yesterday, so read back and you'll see that after frank, my pref was for holly out of those 5.

I found this strange

Both yourself and Steve voted at 9:59 for Holly. One of you was trying to protect someone. Nigel was the one who was getting lynched at that point as I had the last vote in for him.

@clodagh and @steve any comment?

@Nigel - two people falling over themselves to save you.
    Looking at it Clodagh voted twice, like that is super eager

Had you peeked Holly? Or have some other way of knowing she was village?

If not then nobody only herself and the wolves knew she was 100% village

I know that I am a villager! I am 100% sure of that!

I found this strange

Both yourself and Steve voted at 9:59 for Holly. One of you was trying to protect someone. Nigel was the one who was getting lynched at that point as I had the last vote in for him.

voted, noticed error and voted again, but too late, unless 9:00 time code is fine, which it might just be this game.

I found this strange

thats some nice work abigail.

clodagh switched to self pres.

steve was always on holly, why did he recast his vote again at 9.59? to get the last vote in for the tie break? therefore to protect whoever was for the chop before that...was it nigel?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Someone else needs to read back on your posts, absolutely fluff, high early posts of now substance, your only engagement has been to dismiss me looking at people yesterday.

This one is way out in the lead of my wolf list
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Well I knew she wasn't a villager anyway, feck!

Considering Fiona's death, this looks extremely telegraphed to me.

Morning all

Strange wording for the kills

Who is Frank Catton?

The wording around Tess’s killing suggests she was currently a wolf. So if she was but there was a possibility of her switching it means the wolves BR team had to be anonymous. There couldn’t be a situation where Tess knew the WW characters and then switched to Danny. That would explain the low voting all round. If wolves didn’t know each other they wouldn’t have known who they could and couldn’t vote for.

If that’s correct it means we can’t read a whole pile into last nites voting patterns. Wolves could legitimately have been voting for each other even if they were in danger.

It also means that she is not the wolves kill so the working around her death is strange “ Who knows what she had done to anger this group of evils, but they decimated her”

The Riona is gone by one of Benedict’s goons. I suppose we’ll see tomorrow if that’s how the wolf kill is flavoured

Read the death notice, she wasnt a wolf nor a villager.

Its not like there is a whole lot to read this morning.

• Advertisement

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

Ive skimmed through last night and this mornings proceedings.

Ill need to go back and re read the hour or so before lynching. Still not sure how Holly didnt manage to save herself.

Have to think that munching Tess is great news for the village. Even if she ended up just being a vanilla wolf that wouldve been a pain in the ass.

So Terry definitely has goons (plural) anyway. I think it was Mary who put up a potential list of the numbers of good v bad players. From what I remember of it that could be looking very accurate now.

Ill be again in a while and will give my thoughts on last night once Ive had a chance to read through it again properly

Tess was as much a villager as she was a wolf. Its not good news, we lost a potential goodie too. Its middle of the road news if anything.

Why is Marys list accurate? Do tell?

Have you any reads yourself, or you just gonna follow Mary?

Advertisement