Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Your reasons are W E A K.

In your opinion yes. In mine no.

I love it when people encouage others to put up FFAs and then just dismiss them out of hand when they show up on it. Be careful what you wish for Gabs

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Right so here is what I have on some of the players so far guys.

Gabriel: Im not sure if they are intentionally being obtuse or really genuinely asking the asking they are but ive had the exact same conversation with her today as I did Vernon yesterday. Answering questions by asking some of her own. Don’t like either of these types of play. Creates more traffic to get through and helps wolves to hide. Really don’t like it. Not going to say wolf but not leaning good anyway.

Henry: Really don’t know what to make of him. His story changes every hour. First he knows 3 Holly voters were goodies. Then he has 1 confirmed wolf. Then he thinks he has 2 confirmed wolves with Mary. Then just claims that Mary is good and that is all. So he could be a wolf playing a mad suicide game and just doing his best to confuse the village (which would be working to be honest). I’m not sure he is though. As someone said (I think Abi) before theres always a player like that and then when they flip good we are all asking why they bothered playing like that. I lean this way. That is not to say he is any use to the village though.

Mary: The thing that sticks out with Mary for me is how she managed to go from “how could I possibly have a good list this early” to “at least 4 out of the 5 players who had 2/3 votes last night are good”. That is quite the turnaround. Do not like it at all.

Clodagh: I like the constant accusatory tone. I’m not sure a wolf would be that brazen about getting into non stop confrontations. Also made a lot of sense when discussing Mary’s idea that players can be essentially confirmed good after the lynch. Then makes the point that Nigel is “cleaner than Frank” but not necessarily “clean”. This is important as anyone who at this stage is clearing people (with the exception of Henry the madman) is very suspect IMO.

Which leads me onto…..Frank: The idea of lynching the Holly voters in order to clear people based of the musings of Henry is pure madness and completely a odds with what the village should be doing at this stage. Very dodgy lean.

Steve: Me old pal Steve. Definitely soften on him today for the simple reason that he was earlier calling Frank out about his idea of “clearing” people based off Henry’s word. And based off his interaction with Gabs earlier on I would definitely lean good for him ahead of Gabs.

That’s all the time I’ve had. Will try and add a few to that before 6.

If I’d to do an FFA right now it would be :
    Gabs
    Mary
    Frank
    Frank WW wrote: »
    This is a joke of an FFA. Steve had one soft half comment about not going with my idea. Clodagh was the one going hard against it. If you're gonna put me on an FFA at least read the thread properly.

i'll echo franks sentiments here.

for me....the 3 good are based upon henry. and the other is good because the mod said in the death reveal.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Very scattered approach to village voting. Can people at least come to an agreement with others and allign voting a bit more.

Who|Number of votes against them
    Henry WW |2
    Barbara WW |1
    Gabriel WW |1
    Nigel WW |1
    Orla WW |1
    Steve WW | 1

Hopefully we have wagons to ride behind later as single voting does not make wagonomics easy.

Mary WW wrote: »

for me....the 3 good are based upon henry. and the other is good because the mod said in the death reveal.

Said it in my response to Frank there. I will be very wary of anyone following Henry's ramblings. He has changed his story so many times already.

Which story is it you like Mary? The one where you've been "cleared"?

i think we bullet nigel.

• Advertisement

Said it in my response to Frank there. I will be very wary of anyone following Henry's ramblings. He has changed his story so many times already.

Which story is it you like Mary? The one where you've been "cleared"?

i've asked for henry to clarify a few times. i dont know where that leaves the various claims TBH.

i do like the 'mary is a villager' aspect though, as thats what i am.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

i've asked for henry to clarify a few times. i dont know where that leaves the various claims TBH.

Everyone who voted Holly is clear according to him

Followed by i know 1 wolf,

Followed by me and Mary know two wolves

Followed by only Mary is village and thats all I know

His various claims are all over the place

So Henry will not clarify any of his 4/5 different theories (or certainties) in his head yet that's who we should be listening too. Thats all I need to know.

I'll be voting shortly. Itll be yourself or Frank at the minute anyway

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Everyone who voted Holly is clear according to him

Followed by i know 1 wolf,

Followed by me and Mary know two wolves

Followed by only Mary is village and thats all I know

His various claims are all over the place

But you see whenever one of his ideas suit someone then he should be listened to. It's madness!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Very scattered approach to village voting. Can people at least come to an agreement with others and allign voting a bit more.

Henry WW |2
    Barbara WW |1
    Gabriel WW |1
    Nigel WW |1
    Orla WW |1
    Steve WW | 1

Hopefully we have wagons to ride behind later as single voting does not make wagonomics easy.

I will happily switch to Orla. But no one else from that list yet.

• Advertisement

So Henry will not clarify any of his 4/5 different theories (or certainties) in his head yet that's who we should be listening too. Thats all I need to know.

I'll be voting shortly. Itll be yourself or Frank at the minute anyway

listen to him or dont - i'm not advocating either way so dont use that as an excuse to vote for me.

Just when you endulge Henry, he changes it up. Hes the Roddy Piper of this game.

listen to him or dont - i'm not advocating either way so dont use that as an excuse to vote for me.

Come on now Mary. Make your mind up.

This kind of carry on will have me voting for you

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

#Ffa1

Mary: slipped up last night with her Holly nomination. Tied herself up in knots afterwards. Her response to being caught was to try to push the heat back on to me with the last vote stuff. I think she's a wolf who's made a fair few mistakes at this point

Abigail: feels opportunistic. A vote dropped late for me, apparently on the erroneous belief that if they got in last they’d win a close tie. Classic late voting wolf play here to manage a mislynch. Today has been fluff and trying to get players to reveal their powers. Also dropped a soft vote yesterday for my third choice

Gabriel: the man in a rush to have bullets used. No analysis, lots of looking for quiet players who are unlikely to respond. Feels like an attempt t off a village role that’s staying low or maybe get a reaction from them. Had a soft vote on him from Abi yesterday until she switched late to me. These two feel like quite the duet

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

Henry WW |2
    Barbara WW |1
    Gabriel WW |1
    Nigel WW |1
    Orla WW |1
    Steve WW | 1

This is why we need ffa's - gives us a wider thought process and lets us map reasons against votes and look for consistency

Nigel WW wrote: »
    #Ffa1

Mary: slipped up last night with her Holly nomination. Tied herself up in knots afterwards. Her response to being caught was to try to push the heat back on to me with the last vote stuff. I think she's a wolf who's made a fair few mistakes at this point

Abigail: feels opportunistic. A vote dropped late for me, apparently on the erroneous belief that if they got in last they’d win a close tie. Classic late voting wolf play here to manage a mislynch. Today has been fluff and trying to get players to reveal their powers. Also dropped a soft vote yesterday for my third choice

Gabriel: the man in a rush to have bullets used. No analysis, lots of looking for quiet players who are unlikely to respond. Feels like an attempt t off a village role that’s staying low or maybe get a reaction from them. Had a soft vote on him from Abi yesterday until she switched late to me. These two feel like quite the duet

Thats a lie. I went after Clo all morning.

And can you managed to respond didnt you.

Only Orla left and Im sure she will get around to it

Smell of waffle off your read of me.

This is why we need ffa's - gives us a wider thought process and lets us map reasons against votes and look for consistency

I could probably put 6 on an FFA now, I really need to clear my thoughts on this one!

Gonna look around lynch time again and maybe try go from there, it was tight throughout considering the spread of votes so wolves had to be active.

I have seen numerous people now (3 or 4) insinuate they had done a task for rewards yet there has been no outcomes of these rewards that I have seen? What gives, have ya not done your tasks yet? What rewards are on offer? FWIW I have no tasks so unsure where this line came from but seen a few mention it. Also no mention of it in the death notices of those who have died so far

15 people viewing the forum, no one posting................

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Right, I've been trying to sneakily read the thread all day and here's what I have. Henry is dicking about

I'm going to go back and read but here's what I have in my notes based on last nights. I want to stress that these were my own impressions and are very 'me' centric, so I am going to go back and double check. There was very, very little movement on votes. At one point there were potentially 10 players up for the chop on single votes. I deliberately put my vote onto someone who already had a vote and who I suspected. I didn't like Frank logging on to put in a sneaky vote but not appearing on the game thread so that was who I chose from the three that I'd highlighted earlier. At the time I voted, I stated that I might change my vote. Gabriel asked me who to and I said Phil or Oisin. Shortly after that, Gabriel who had been going after Oisin, to the extent of voting (incorrectly) twice for him, switched his vote off of Oisin and on to someone else. I found that dodgy. I've noted they've been going at each other a bit here, so I'm wondering if that is wolves distancing. I also noticed that Oisin referred to Gabriel as she which is strange for a mans name - tmi here?

That's where I'm at now and I need a proper read of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Day 2: Automated Votals from #41 to #58

Nigel WW (2): Gabriel WW, Mary WW
    Orla WW (1): Frank WW
    Henry WW (3): Steve WW, Barbara WW, Henry WW
    Gabriel WW (1): Clodagh WW
    Not voting (8): Abigail WW, Nigel WW, Oisin WW, Orla WW, Phil WW, Katie WW, Vernon WW, Wendy WW

Errors (2): Wendy WW, Oisin WW

Phase ends in 4h22m.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

#Ffa1

This makes zero sense, why would I not just vote for one of the other people, like say Holly on two votes already?

Very annoying Wendy would come back on to vote but no engage on thread! She voted Henry but has a bullet apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Day 2: Automated Votals from #41 to #58

Mary WW (1): Oisin WW
    Henry WW (4): Steve WW, Barbara WW, Henry WW, Wendy WW
    Nigel WW (2): Gabriel WW, Mary WW
    Orla WW (1): Frank WW
    Gabriel WW (1): Clodagh WW
    Not voting (6): Abigail WW, Nigel WW, Orla WW, Phil WW, Katie WW, Vernon WW

Phase ends in 4h17m.

RL has banged me here. After getting called into work. My vote is in. Will definitely be having a good look at the FFAs and votes when I can either late tonight or in the morning.

We need to be working off facts and evidence rather than Henry. For the love of god I don’t see how that’s so hard to grasp

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Very annoying Wendy would come back on to vote but no engage on thread! She voted Henry but has a bullet apparently

Well at the least she had a bullet apparently. She may still have, the bullet may not exist or someone may have stolen it after she announced it.

#Ffa1

i voted for holly due to her posting a nice list, something i didnt see as feasible that early. i stated that, and voted as such. there was no slip up.
    the last vote stuff - your death has the potential to clear 2 villagers. its a risk i'd be willing to take, hence me advocating for a bullet for you - surprised that wasn't factored into your FFA though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

It's very annoying I have a job. Very. I'm annoyed by it too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Babs what questions have ya.....I'm not around for much longer

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    It's very annoying I have a job. Very. I'm annoyed by it too

Yeah me too, its annoying you came on to vote for Henry rather than engage around the bullet was my point, I dont expect instant responses at any point in the game btw but you obviously read up enough to vote for Henry

Advertisement