Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Babs what questions have ya.....I'm not around for much longer

Are you gonna shoot tonight?

Is it time limited?

Did you do a task to get it?

Thats it really

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

@Wendy - who are you thinking of shooting?

Are you shooting before or after lynch? (I'm presuming you'll be shooting before munch in the morning)
    If its pre-lynch then I'd suggest getting on with it so we can discuss the outcome of it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Yeah me too, its annoying you came on to vote for Henry rather than engage around the bullet was my point, I dont expect instant responses at any point in the game btw but you obviously read up enough to vote for Henry

I typed it over lunch and press send. Assumptions not correct.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

its kinda quiet. maybe everyone is travelling or eating. i shall do the same

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

At 8.11pm Rikand posted the voting list here

At 8.19 Henry changed his vote onto himself again and then Gabriel attempted to vote for Oisin twice, having put him in as a placeholder at 8.07.

At 8.22 I voted for Frank, pushing him onto 2 votes alongside Henry (following his self-vote). I stated on thread that I might change my mind. At 8.27 Gabriel asked me who I'd change it to. At 8.29 I replied Phil or Oisin. At 8.35 Gabriel, depite having attempted to vote for Oisin 3 times, lays out his reasoning for changing to Steve and then moves his vote. I find this pretty suspect. Arguing against this is the fact that both Oisin and Gabriel ended up on Steve. Can't rule out the idea that they are both wolves but less likely given how spread the votes were.

Orla votes Clodagh just before Gabriel's switch. Then Mary changes her vote from Riona to Holly. Barbara votes Clodagh (taking her to 2), Nigel votes Mary, Holly votes Mary (taking her to 2). Abigail votes Nigel taking him to 2 votes also.Now Henry, Frank, Steve, Clodagh, and Nigel are all on 2 votes. Phil votes Katie.
    Steve and Clodagh vote for Holly at the last minute taking her to 3 votes and death. Again suspicious but not irrefutable fact.

Overall, very little movement on votes until around 8.30, then there was a lot. Not very helpful on its own but potentially useful going forward.

• Advertisement

I'm having a reread of the thread so the next few posts are just what I come across

Marys voting is really strange, or at least her rationale for voting. As she says below she was trying to rattle Riona's cage but then when she is a no-show shes moved to Holly at 8:42. Its bizarre
    Mary WW wrote: »
    thought voting riona might have had her pop in, but alas

She even goes onto call out bandwagoners
    few late bandwagoners on holly.

When I look back at her previous posts at 7:43 she says this and follows it up with a vote for Riona 20 minutes later
    holly for the good list is the only inclination i have so far

Like I say, its bizarre

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I'm having a reread of the thread so the next few posts are just what I come across

Marys voting is really strange, or at least her rationale for voting. As she says below she was trying to rattle Riona's cage but then when she is a no-show shes moved to Holly at 8:42. Its bizarre

She even goes onto call out bandwagoners

When I look back at her previous posts at 7:43 she says this and follows it up with a vote for Riona 20 minutes later

Like I say, its bizarre

how is it bizarre? riona had 5 posts, it was worth a try to get her involved.

me voting for holly? i gave my reasons
    mentioning late votes on holly.well thats a statement of fact.

Vernon WW wrote: »

At 8.19 Henry changed his vote onto himself again and then Gabriel attempted to vote for Oisin twice, having put him in as a placeholder at 8.07.

At 8.22 I voted for Frank, pushing him onto 2 votes alongside Henry (following his self-vote). I stated on thread that I might change my mind. At 8.27 Gabriel asked me who I'd change it to. At 8.29 I replied Phil or Oisin. At 8.35 Gabriel, depite having attempted to vote for Oisin 3 times, lays out his reasoning for changing to Steve and then moves his vote. I find this pretty suspect. Arguing against this is the fact that both Oisin and Gabriel ended up on Steve. Can't rule out the idea that they are both wolves but less likely given how spread the votes were.

Orla votes Clodagh just before Gabriel's switch. Then Mary changes her vote from Riona to Holly. Barbara votes Clodagh (taking her to 2), Nigel votes Mary, Holly votes Mary (taking her to 2). Abigail votes Nigel taking him to 2 votes also.Now Henry, Frank, Steve, Clodagh, and Nigel are all on 2 votes. Phil votes Katie.
    Steve and Clodagh vote for Holly at the last minute taking her to 3 votes and death. Again suspicious but not irrefutable fact.

Overall, very little movement on votes until around 8.30, then there was a lot. Not very helpful on its own but potentially useful going forward.

those switches will hopefully prove fruitful when we catch a wolf

Phil WW wrote: »
    Think I'll probably go with one of the people who pushed Steve's genie thing. Probably Katie

This is Phils reasoning for voting Katie, paper thin. He left his voting good and late too. If there were no wolves in trouble he could afford to throw a vote on someone with zero votes at that point
    Katie WW wrote: »
    apologies, i missed that.

So just Steve the genie.

how is it bizarre? riona had 5 posts, it was worth a try to get her involved.

me voting for holly? i gave my reasons
    mentioning late votes on holly.well thats a statement of fact.

But you were one fo the late votes?

You didnt mention Riona once, you talked about Holly, went off and voted for Riona, then when she didnt comment, you switched to Holly, six minutes before the deadline.

You can see how that looks suspicious right? The not mentioning Riona at all until you were switching off her in particular

• Advertisement

But you were one fo the late votes?

You didnt mention Riona once, you talked about Holly, went off and voted for Riona, then when she didnt comment, you switched to Holly, six minutes before the deadline.

You can see how that looks suspicious right? The not mentioning Riona at all until you were switching off her in particular

i was always voting holly. riona vote was to give her a nudge to get involved. i then switched to my original

i was always voting holly. riona vote was to give her a nudge to get involved. i then switched to my original

That is not clear from the thread.

In particular the bit where you voted for Riona, that really, really throws a shadow over the "I was always voting Holly" statement

Henry WW wrote: »
    Holly only has two proper votes. I have three.

This doesn't make sense, Henry only ever had two votes

That is not clear from the thread.

In particular the bit where you voted for Riona, that really, really throws a shadow over the "I was always voting Holly" statement

i guess i should apologise for not declaring on thread what i was doing.

anyway, say all the above is horse****...whats the angle...i moved from one good player to another? to what end?

@Clodagh, why did you go for Holly in the end? I don't mean why last minute, I mean why her above others who were in the line of fire?

This doesn't make sense, Henry only ever had two votes

Henry talks an awful lot of BS.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    steve's genie act from earlier was a bit suss too. i'd probably put him third on the list at the moment.

You missed this too Abigail.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I don't really think a wolf would have been the first to throw out the genie card on Steve yesterday, but a wolf might tag onto it.

As for Henry I don't know how to deal with him. I'd suggest he's probably acting in the village's interest just because I can't see a wolf playing like he is.

i guess i should apologise for not declaring on thread what i was doing.

anyway, say all the above is horse****...whats the angle...i moved from one good player to another? to what end?

I don't know, I'm just going through the thread picking out stuff that pops out to me that might be interesting. In fairness you were one of the people on the lead lynch last nite, your vote sparked essentially a CFD on Holly. You seem to have skated by a little because Screaming Lord Sutch has "cleared" you.

I don't think its unreasonable to question you

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

@Clodagh, why did you go for Holly in the end? I don't mean why last minute, I mean why her above others who were in the line of fire?

In the line of fire, from my POV is
    steve, clodagh, frank, nigel, holly, mary.

so, i can't increase frank from 2, and i'm not voting myself, so we have left.

steve, nigel, holly, mary.

Holly was the only one of those that I was suspicious of and was willing to vote.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Holly throwing shade at Fiona looks very dodgy for Holly. But, could it be an early distancing attempt by team mates?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    No posts in 3 hours? I suppose this will be a quiet game so.

Seems we are not allowed to officially register our votes in the voting thread yet either, but I'd like to make my intention of voting Holly as soon as the thread allows me to do so very clear.

just my first two mentions of holly, iso me and you'll probably find more.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

vote how many votes.
    Henry WW 3
    Nigel WW 3
    Gabriel WW 1
    Mary WW 1
    Orla WW 1

sher i voted to save you did i not?

@Mary - you also claim here to have voted to "save" Henry, its the first time you mention it @9:18. Today you're saying you were always on Holly. These things don't add up. You're essentially claiming above that you changed your vote to save Henry. Today you changed your vote cause you were always going to. Which is it?

Rikand wrote: »
    The teams reconnaissance mission had not gone as well as they had hoped but at least they had gotten most of what they needed out of Frank Catton by now.

It was going to be time for the Trial Run and the demolition now and who knew what effect that might have on the outcome of their mission.

As they woke up the next morning, they realised their team was a little bit light and it was going to be a lot harder to execute their plans without these guys....

The first person they found was Danny's wife, Tess. Who knows what she had done to anger this group of evils, but they decimated her

Fiona WW is dead

Meanwhile, Benedicts goons were on the prowl and the speaking one of the two made his move. This meek character never stood a chance.

Riona WW is dead.

IT IS DAY.

I think I answered all night actions but if I missed anyone, please let me know in your backroom :)

I've been reading back from last nights lynch and I've just gotten to this mornings munch. Was there any discussion of the bits I've highlighted here?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I am 100% village and you all know it.

I've been reading back from last nights lynch and I've just gotten to this mornings munch. Was there any discussion of the bits I've highlighted here?

No. I presumed it was a munch and maybe the sub-wolves have a vig shot each

No. I presumed it was a munch and maybe the sub-wolves have a vig shot each

Group of evils AND Benedicts goons. Did we dismiss an SK team too quickly?

Also, can I just say, for someone who essentially lynched Holly because Holly had a 'good' list which apparently isn't possible, Mary is awfully quick to trust Henry.

Could this have given Fiona away to the wolves? A kinda come and get me to Danny?

Cause otherwise it was just a strange gif
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Goodnight folks.
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29yhysx62qtk0mm97wlvzdlz7dvxlf72jndr5ehq8b&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Well at the least she had a bullet apparently. She may still have, the bullet may not exist or someone may have stolen it after she announced it.

Stioe it? I want to subscribe to your newsletter.

Where did this assumption come from?

• Advertisement

At 8.22 I voted for Frank, pushing him onto 2 votes alongside Henry (following his self-vote). I stated on thread that I might change my mind. At 8.27 Gabriel asked me who I'd change it to. At 8.29 I replied Phil or Oisin. At 8.35 Gabriel, depite having attempted to vote for Oisin 3 times, lays out his reasoning for changing to Steve and then moves his vote. I find this pretty suspect. Arguing against this is the fact that both Oisin and Gabriel ended up on Steve. Can't rule out the idea that they are both wolves but less likely given how spread the votes were. Big caveat here...with Tess alive, wolves may not have revealed their names, so entirely possible.

I quoted this for myself really but Gabriel and Oisin stay high on my list of suspects.

Advertisement