Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    ATM, i have no reason to think that nigel is bad, so saying frank and abigail are good does not wash with me. Frank was my preferred vote, but due to not knowing what 'post sequence number method was, i self presed.

You have not included frank in your 5 people, which was on two until i moved off to self pres.

steve, clodagh, frank, nigel, holly, mary.

using you logic,

if nigel bad, then frank and abigail good,

we can also do,

if frank bad, vernon and clodagh good,

and as we know I'm good, we have more reason to believe frank is bad than good.
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Group of evils AND Benedicts goons. Did we dismiss an SK team too quickly?

Its not mentioned in the OP, in fact its very clear

The wolves will win when they can no longer be mathematically beaten. The village will win when they have eliminated all the wolves. There is no neutral faction in this game. You either count for wolf or villager parity.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I am 100% village and you all know it.

How would we know it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Its not mentioned in the OP, in fact its very clear

The wolves will win when they can no longer be mathematically beaten. The village will win when they have eliminated all the wolves. There is no neutral faction in this game. You either count for wolf or villager parity.

Task for an extra kill perhaps?

Task for an extra kill perhaps?

Could be, either way dont think its too important. Bad guys killed good gal

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I am 100% village and you all know it.

Its grand, you can't be lynched dunno why your self preserving with that vote given your unlynchable.

You've two wolves to give the village apparently but you've done nothing but talk smack

• Advertisement

Could be, either way dont think its too important. Bad guys killed good gal

Yeah, I'm never too keen to dismiss anything like that. And only one gal was definitively good.

Reading through a lot of stuff that's saying Nigel was being protected. Where are you all getting that from? Is that why he has so many votes? The OP specifically states that ties will be decided by mod, not by the last vote cast.

Its 630 and my FFA remains Orla, Nigel and Clo.

I may switch off Nigel to one of the other two. But I doubt Ill deviate from my FFA.

Unless something major happens.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Clodagh I never got the chance to ask last night but why did you try to goad me into changing votes in the last 20 minutes last night to Frank and then you changed your vote off him in the last minute?

Were you afraid I or someone else might actually jump onto him there in the end so you wanted to get out first?

I’m in work today but I’ll get on when I can and will be freed up in the evening time so can respond to anything then

This comment this morning stands out also. I had a look back and can't see any time where Clodagh tries to get Orla to vote for Frank. Orla kinda gets wrapped up in a ball over Clodagh and Frank being wolf team-mates.
    In fact Orla wants to start a CFD on Clodagh
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Clodagh I had considered voting for Frank in the beginning but he hasn't been here to defend himself and wolf lean or not I don't play shady like that but would you look here now I have my own wagon going.

Anyone care to jump on the Clodagh train? Choo choo

Not sure too much can be read into it, just seems off the wall paranoid really. Or maybe I'm missing an interaction somewhere that ties it all together

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

@Mary - you also claim here to have voted to "save" Henry, its the first time you mention it @9:18. Today you're saying you were always on Holly. These things don't add up. You're essentially claiming above that you changed your vote to save Henry. Today you changed your vote cause you were always going to. Which is it?

i was always going to vote holly. did me switching from riona to holly save henry?

i dont think so. but by not voting him, i did play a role in not condemning him.

• Advertisement

Reading through a lot of stuff that's saying Nigel was being protected. Where are you all getting that from? Is that why he has so many votes? The OP specifically states that ties will be decided by mod, not by the last vote cast.

1st i've heard of protection :confused:

I started that by incorrectly assuming that last vote cast had the deciding vote. I will also say that on my reread Clodagh is aware that this is not the case, so her last minute change, is slightly less dodgy

Mary WW wrote: »
    1st i've heard of protection :confused:

People are saying that the last minute switches to Holly were to protect Nigel but they are basing that on the idea that Nigel would have been the one lynched in the 6(?) way tie based on last vote cast, which is not true.

Orla, you are on my FFA.... what are thoughts on that

This comment this morning stands out also. I had a look back and can't see any time where Clodagh tries to get Orla to vote for Frank. Orla kinda gets wrapped up in a ball over Clodagh and Frank being wolf team-mates.

Not sure too much can be read into it, just seems off the wall paranoid really. Or maybe I'm missing an interaction somewhere that ties it all together

i'm not even sure whats going on there!

i was always going to vote holly. did me switching from riona to holly save henry?

i dont think so. but by not voting him, i did play a role in not condemning him.

So you can see why I would bring up a post where you claim to have saved him?

So ultimately, whats your thoughts on Orla?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    So ultimately, whats your thoughts on Orla?

Let me get to the end of my reread and I'll do an FFA

I'm pretty sure this is the post Orla is referring to:
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    If when you see that my wagon is gonna fail, then jump onto the frank wagon, that way, we save the villager henry and kill the wolf frank. That way all the reasoning in your silly post disappears and we have lynched a wolf.

Otherwise, stick on my failing wagon, and not join a proper wagon. It seems from you line of thought that you think henry is a vilager, so you wont be going there, right, that would be against your line of thought, but would you join a wagon that your wolf read is on? oh, you're stuck, you can't really join either frank or henry, as you have made that stale, so you will sit on a useless non wagon.

People are saying that the last minute switches to Holly were to protect Nigel but they are basing that on the idea that Nigel would have been the one lynched in the 6(?) way tie based on last vote cast, which is not true.

that...there were 5 people with 2/3 votes who were in danger of being lynched. 1 died (holly). 3 others henry 'cleared'. that means the only other on the line was nigel.

i was saying, that if nigel flips red, you can clear the 2 people who voted for him last night.

the 2 late switches to holly. i think nigel would have been gone if not for those.

the 2 switches were clodagh and steve. some had the theory, they switched so as to prevent nigel being lynched; but henry also has those 2 'cleared' above.

cleared in '', because i'm no longer sure where we stand on that.

• Advertisement

I think I may switch to Orla as she not engaging at all.

that...there were 5 people with 2/3 votes who were in danger of being lynched. 1 died (holly). 3 others henry 'cleared'. that means the only other on the line was nigel.

i was saying, that if nigel flips red, you can clear the 2 people who voted for him last night.

the 2 late switches to holly. i think nigel would have been gone if not for those.

the 2 switches were clodagh and steve. some had the theory, they switched so as to prevent nigel being lynched; but henry also has those 2 'cleared' above.

cleared in '', because i'm no longer sure where we stand on that.

You can't depend on Henry's clear unfortunately!

That said the lynch Nigel clearing the two who voted him if he flips red isn't the worst idea

Barbara WW wrote: »

That said the lynch Nigel clearing the two who voted him if he flips red isn't the worst idea

Just to note, same point applies to anyone else on two votes in my mind, so we could lynch from those

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Day 2: Automated Votals from #41 to #60

Nigel WW (3): Gabriel WW, Mary WW, Henry WW
    Mary WW (1): Oisin WW
    Henry WW (3): Steve WW, Barbara WW, Wendy WW
    Orla WW (1): Frank WW
    Gabriel WW (1): Clodagh WW
    Not voting (6): Abigail WW, Nigel WW, Orla WW, Phil WW, Katie WW, Vernon WW

Phase ends in 2h12m.

So Henry as switch to Nigel. God knows why

Barbara WW wrote: »

the nigel theory was based off henry's clearing of the 3 holly voters.

if thats out the window, then the same logic applies to everyone with 2/3 votes

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Nigel WW (2): Frank WW, Abigail WW
    Mary WW (2): Nigel WW, Holly WW
    Clodagh WW (2): Orla WW, Barbara WW
    Steve WW (2): Oisin WW, Gabriel WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW

last nights votes.

so i'm gonna work on the assumption that whoever voted for someone with 2 votes are not on the same team.

ie: nigel not on a team with frank or abigail
    mary not on a team with nigel or holly
    clodagh not on a team with orla or barbara
    steve not on a team with oisin or gabriel

which of those 4 voted on wagons (to self preserve?)
    nigel on mary
    mary on holly
    clodagh on holly
    steve on holly

i dont know where i'm going with this, but someone might spot something! :P

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW

last nights votes.

so i'm gonna work on the assumption that whoever voted for someone with 2 votes are not on the same team.

ie: nigel not on a team with frank or abigail
    mary not on a team with nigel or holly
    clodagh not on a team with orla or barbara
    steve not on a team with oisin or gabriel

which of those 4 voted on wagons (to self preserve?)
    nigel on mary
    mary on holly
    clodagh on holly
    steve on holly

i dont know where i'm going with this, but someone might spot something! :P

Things may become clearer after the vote later.

the nigel theory was based off henry's clearing of the 3 holly voters.

if thats out the window, then the same logic applies to everyone with 2/3 votes

Its hard to trust Henry, he .....whether village or not,....... hasnt been playing in the villages best interests. Ir it at least appears that way.

• Advertisement

I'm in the same process but it doesn't work really, I was thinking we run the 4 off and vote here, a red flip gives us two green villagers except Mary as Holly is dead but no way to narrow it down really, Nigel is the one who seems to be getting most heat. Personally I was on Clodagh and Steve made my wolfy list. Out of those I think Nigel gives us the best info in the event of a red flip but green and we are in trouble

I still prefer to get Henry off the board tbh but not sure what to do

Advertisement