Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I'm very confused also by the whole saving Nigel thing and how lynching him clears people?? Don't see any logic to that at all

It doesn’t have to be Nigel. That theory stands up for any of the people of two votes last nite. It’s unlikely a wolf was bussing someone and taking a risk with them on two votes. If Clodagh flips wolf then Orla and Barbara look good. If you’re a wolf then Oisin and Gabs look good

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    This is your second attempt to help out Nigel, im moving my vote there as a result. He's bad, your bad IMO

How on earth is this my second attempt to help Nigel? Making up things to suit yourself Barb

Abigail WW wrote: »
    It doesn’t have to be Nigel. That theory stands up for any of the people of two votes last nite. It’s unlikely a wolf was bussing someone and taking a risk with them on two votes. If Clodagh flips wolf then Orla and Barbara look good. If you’re a wolf then Oisin and Gabs look good

But how does that work, we're assuming that no wolves bussed their partners last night? Just seems like a big reach to me

But how does that work, we're assuming that no wolves bussed their partners last night? Just seems like a big reach to me

Sorry ignore that, missed the second sentence of your post

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Basically you and Mary are selling the snake oil that I’m the key to whole game. Until I’m not at which point I’m sure some other villager will take up that position

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

How on earth is this my second attempt to help Nigel? Making up things to suit yourself Barb

Your late self pres vote could also be seen as an attempt to help out Nigel, im voting Nigel, don't worry, we can deal with you in the aftermath

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Voting Henry unless a bullet changes my mind.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Stioe it? I want to subscribe to your newsletter.

Where did this assumption come from?

Stole it, as in took it without her consent.

I'm saying it's a possibility, not an assumption.

Katie WW wrote: »
    Right, here are my thoughts. Last night's lynch was the Pits-the usual Crapshoot, as predicted by a few.

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #32

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Nigel WW (2): Frank WW, Abigail WW
    Mary WW (2): Nigel WW, Holly WW
    Clodagh WW (2): Orla WW, Barbara WW
    Steve WW (2): Oisin WW, Gabriel WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW

First things first: I voted Fiona because she was posting fluff and I didn't like her jumping on Holly on the basis of very little. I said as much yesterday.

Initially, I suspected Steve, Nigel and Clodagh of being on a team based on last minute votes. But Steve's last min vote was actually a re-vote, because he misformatted his earlier one. Nigel didn't self-pres at all and ended up on two. Clodagh's was a self preservation vote, because he was on two.

Seems a fair explanation; but Nigel and Clodagh might be on a team, could be village or wolf.

Holly could move someone's vote. So if Holly wanted to move someone's vote, where would she move it to? I would say to the person she voted for: in this case, it was Mary, who would have been lynched. So the question I have is what happened that Holly couldn't move a vote to Mary? She already knew she was dead at 9.03pm:

But I don't really know why.

Riona and Wendy didn't vote at all.  Wendy says she has a gun, but no one has been shot; a bit weird in itself. Riona only made five or so posts and now she is dead. Only one person voted for Riona yesterday: Mary, who later said it was because she wanted her to come out and play, flimsy, but not wolfy in itself. I wonder if the wolves peeked Riona?

Mary made a late switch to Holly, after she earlier had said Holly was the only one who she 'had as good'. When called out on it, she made a song and dance about Holly's nice list on day one, as though it was something unusual.

Henry then comes out with contradictory statements and he and Mary get chummy. He even said he and Holly were in 'cahoots' when Holly had actually voted for him. He says he knows who the wolf is, that he can clear a bunch of villagers  and Mary tries to hammer home the point as though that's all solved then and she's in the clear with this over eager post.

This is a statement that is backed up by nothing, Mary doesn't even respond to it. Is he saying in plain sight that he and Mary are the wolves? Too blatant surely, but then again, I don't want to be played here.

Today Henry contradicts himself and says all he knows is Mary is good. I've pretty much given up trying to make sense of Henry; I can't believe his contradictory claims. I didn't trust him yesterday and I still can't trust him. But he could be wolf or village. He obviously needs people to vote for him for some reason so for now he might not be a safe vote. I think Mary and he might be a wolf team; but I'm more inclined to think Mary is taking advantage of the chaos of Henry to make herself look good.

Her first posts off the bat today seem to want everyone to ignore her because she's 'cleared' by Henry.

Her reasoning for voting for Steve earlier today is as flimsy as her vote for Riona.

She's basically been clearing herself and the others from the night before. How could she forget? She asks Henry to come along and clarify and he comes along promptly to do so.

She tries to hammer it home again.

This is a theory that Mary has concocted mostly herself.

Then she comes out with this contradictory, distraction tactic.

This is after she voted for Steve because of some late posting.

Here she leaps to the defense of Henry.

Below is Abigail, Gabriel and Clodagh wondering why Frank wasn't included in her list of wolves. I don't see much indication she's in cahoots with Frank, other than Frank saying something along the lines that we should lynch/kill Clodagh and Steve and leave Mary because Henry 'cleared' her. Only Henry, Mary and Frank seem to have suggested that Henry has really cleared, or is capable of clearing, anyone. We won't really know until Henry is dead?

Recently we have this..

Hardly a surprise when it's all contradictory statements, chumminess with Henry and votes based on nothing. And what happened to the two wolves that Henry and Mary had solved last night?

Some other minor thoughts:

Clodagh: Aggressive, in a good way, mostly. I didn't understand his obsession with Barbara's 'piles' yesterday. :pac: I don't really know why he's going after Frank so strongly unless I've missed something? I'm still wondering if he's in a team with Nigel; good or bad.

Nigel: He voted on 'gut' yesterday. I don't like 'gut' votes generally; although on day one it's common. The lack of self-pres maybe works in his favour but I'm not entirely convinced.

Barbara: Holly and Barbara were the two I saw as village yesterday, although admittedly I didn't say so. I didn't like Barbara's hatchet job ISO on me naturally, saying I should be shot the minute I got in the thread today :pac:, so I'm not as fond of Babs as I once was.:p

Oisin: I didn't agree with him yesterday jumping on Steve for calling out the dodgy poetry and I don't really agree with his FFA other than Mary/Henry. Other than that, not much to go on.

Steve: Like his posts from late last night onward. Leaning good for the moment.

Frank: Overly fond of Mary for my liking maybe, but not much to go on.

Abigail: Nothing wolfy at all that I can see. Might be a wolf playing a good game!

Vernon: Nothing wolfy at all. Same as above.

Gabriel: There was just one thing really: why vote Oisin as a 'placeholder' in the lynch thread? As I understand it, isn't that backroom idiom? Could it be a mistake? I didn't like it.

Henry: I think he might be on a team with Mary, or he could be a wolf waiting to be activated in some way; which is something I proposed yesterday. The other possibility is he's just a mad NRV who is going to leave everyone scratching their heads after he's dead. I haven't enjoyed Henry's play but he's obviously under instructions of some sort and it might not be his fault.

Orla, Phil and Wendy: Not much posting from these three at all. I said earlier that there could be a low-lying wolf in the low posters and I might come back to it if they don't put a shift in, although if Wendy kills a wolf, we can probably put her down as village obviously. But where has Wendy's bullet gone?

Right folks, no one can accuse me of not doing any work.

Going to vote Mary based on reasoning above.

Think this is all a solid assessment of Mary also and is partially what led me to the idea of the Henry / Mary wolf team

Think this is all a solid assessment of Mary also and is partially what led me to the idea of the Henry / Mary wolf team

I really wouldn't rule that team out at all.

• Advertisement

Your late self pres vote could also be seen as an attempt to help out Nigel, im voting Nigel, don't worry, we can deal with you in the aftermath

Feels like you're deliberately ignoring the explanation of the late point despite it having been explained to you and having several other people point it out also, clutching at straws I think Barb. Got any better reasons for thinking I'm a wolf?

Would someone mind doing a post count if they're on a computer, I'm on mobile at the moment

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Vernon WW wrote: »

A Mary Henry team would be pretty brazen given last night they attempted to guide the village.

I dont see it myself.

Feels like you're deliberately ignoring the explanation of the late point despite it having been explained to you and having several other people point it out also, clutching at straws I think Barb. Got any better reasons for thinking I'm a wolf?

I pointed out my reasons yesterday on why I thought you were wolfy, you've done the sum total of nothing to alleviate my concerns.

A Mary Henry team would be pretty brazen given last night they attempted to guide the village.

I dont see it myself.

Ironically it was their very posting that made me think it. The whole me and Mary found 2 wolves thing. I also noticed a post of Henry's pre munch. Someone was going after Fiona and he posted something like hehe. That said, I'm not 100% sure that a red flip on Henry would mean a red flip on Mary and he is the one I'm most suspicious of.

When things are that tight there’s no reason for it. It’s not fool proof but it definitely suggests a villager

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Only getting on now, mental day. I’ve no idea what’s going on on thread so I’ll try do a quick read back before throwing a vote in but i doubt it will be anything special

Vernon WW wrote: »

Jesus your a bit ropey yourself, ****in hate playing on the phone but if someone could do an ISO on this guy, that'd be great

I dont see it myself.

I agree it's brazen but I think Henry's play has been pretty brazen and Mary has spent time today distancing herself from the whole idea of being 'cleared' which adds to the idea

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Basically you and Mary are selling the snake oil that I’m the key to whole game. Until I’m not at which point I’m sure some other villager will take up that position

It was actually Barbara and Mary who came up with it. I agree with it

• Advertisement

When things are that tight there’s no reason for it. It’s not fool proof but it definitely suggests a villager

Fair enough

Jesus your a bit ropey yourself, ****in hate playing on the phone but if someone could do an ISO on this guy, that'd be great

What exactly makes me ropey? That I'm suspicious of a load of people? I'm not in a position to be on thread much during the day and I'm playing catch up in the evenings which makes me feel under pressure and all over the place, so I'm not confident in my own judgement. That said, I'm not that confident in other people's judgement either based on some of the things that people have missed.

I agree it's brazen but I think Henry's play has been pretty brazen and Mary has spent time today distancing herself from the whole idea of being 'cleared' which adds to the idea

If both are wolves, as you suggest, its a little too brazen for me. Its possible but thats just too mad. It could out 2 wolves on a whimp.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

We'll find out soon enough about Mary. Order was put in at lunchtime but I didn't see it's a nighttime action. So I guess will only happen before munch.

I didn't like her defence of Henry when I was posting over lunch.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Only getting on now, mental day. I’ve no idea what’s going on on thread so I’ll try do a quick read back before throwing a vote in but i doubt it will be anything special

Tic tok

Wendy WW wrote: »
    We'll find out soon enough about Mary. Order was put in at lunchtime but I didn't see it's a nighttime action. So I guess will only happen before munch.

Well this is a development

Do you think there a team too?

Mary WW wrote: »
    hate to say it cos it involves me. nigel gives to most info.

if he's red, it clears frank, abigail and mary (i think).

Whilst I'd certainly lean towards it clearing you three I wouldn't have it has a definite outcome of Nigel turning out to be a wolf.

What exactly changed for you Wendy - you previously read Mary and Henry as good. You've then announced you've got a shooter, and now you're going to be shooting one of your five goodies. That switches to you not liking Mary because of her defence of Henry (who you previously read as good). Additionally you seem to have less objection to Frank's opposition to shooting Henry for some reason.
    I've read these as good
    Mary
    Barbara
    Holly
    Henry
    Abigail
    I've a one time vig shot.

Then I am a normal villager.

I've barely read the thread so talk to me about who is getting shot. I'll be putting in the order shortly after 1.
    Is it Henry who wants to be lynched? Should we shoot him instead?
    Frank WW wrote: »
    Id say shoot Orla,Nigel,Clod or steve.

Don't shoot Henry.

IMHO.
    no
    Why not?
    Gabs is top of my list from.2 pages of skimming
    do you have anything to indicate he is a wolf?
    Hit me like Im playing 21.
    But please, be more informed beyond 2 pages of skimming. Good girl.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    Mary is my only villager so far.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Do you think there a team too?

I'm not 100% sure. I don't think so. It came across like Mary knew... but did she know cause she's a wolf or a villager in the know.

But it was unnecessary and quite agro for what I was asking.

Advertisement