Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Why the no vote Phil?

What?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    What?

Why didnt you vote last night?

I also note you voted very very late on Monday.

What I mean is how come no vote before I revealed last night.

You voted Katie late on Monday..... why so late to vote

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    We just killed a goon.
    We need to reread orla and find who she spews, view her voting history etc.
    We have lots to do.

How are we all over the place?

I read this and I imagine this

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29g70mewm78c4qynqck08u2jlz3b9eltaur6d6w16h&rid=giphy.gif

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I'm as calm as a barnaby rudge.

What gave you the impression that i'm all mork and mindy?

anyhow, i got my mince pies on you.

And why the weird speak all of a sudden?

• Advertisement

The lack of a night kill at all, a number of thoughts:

Steve protected Frank - stopped the main wolf night kill. I've heard of an angel before but it didn't protect. However, I can see why an angel would protect.

However, where is the other night kill. Wendy said she'd shot Mary and no-one is claiming to have blocked that. Additionally given there was an odd-night vig it makes sense for there to have been an even night vig. Where is their shot?

Now the Wendy thing - you'd expect given that no one has claimed to save mary that one of mary or wendy is a wolf. Not necessarily but it looks likely. Wendy could be the even-night vig but that doesn't sit well with their behaviour yesterday. Would be quite the act not getting their power right yesterday if they knew all along it was meant to be happening last night. So I'd rule her out as the even-night vig. Who then is that vig and where was their shot? Someone must have blocked it or stopped it another way.

So whats your thoughts on Henry being an alpha?

Are you insinuating that Wendy is a baddy vig trying to disguise her kill?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    And why the weird speak all of a sudden?

I think you'll find that this is quite deliberate and not the first time.

The lack of a night kill at all, a number of thoughts:

Steve protected Frank - stopped the main wolf night kill. I've heard of an angel before but it didn't protect. However, I can see why an angel would protect.

However, where is the other night kill. Wendy said she'd shot Mary and no-one is claiming to have blocked that. Additionally given there was an odd-night vig it makes sense for there to have been an even night vig. Where is their shot?

Now the Wendy thing - you'd expect given that no one has claimed to save mary that one of mary or wendy is a wolf. Not necessarily but it looks likely. Wendy could be the even-night vig but that doesn't sit well with their behaviour yesterday. Would be quite the act not getting their power right yesterday if they knew all along it was meant to be happening last night. So I'd rule her out as the even-night vig. Who then is that vig and where was their shot? Someone must have blocked it or stopped it another way.

There may not be an even nite vig. Two kills every nite is fairly powerful stuff.

What I don’t get with the Wendy is a wolf theory is why come out yesterday? Under no pressure at all, barely mentioned, it would be exceptionally unlikely that she’d volunteer that info.

Of course she could be an even nite vig was just looking for kudos. But why not go through with it then?

Did anyone else block anything?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I think you'll find that this is quite deliberate and not the first time.

Its easy to see if youve watched the movies whats going on

There may not be an even nite vig. Two kills every nite is fairly powerful stuff.

What I don’t get with the Wendy is a wolf theory is why come out yesterday? Under no pressure at all, barely mentioned, it would be exceptionally unlikely that she’d volunteer that info.

Of course she could be an even nite vig was just looking for kudos. But why not go through with it then?

Did anyone else block anything?

To answer my own question, if Mary was a wolf maybe a wolf has a Protect power also?

Although Mary’s claim does answer the question of why Holly couldn’t save herself

• Advertisement

Can you fill me in?

Can you fill me in?

It coukd be flavour related to a charcter. I may be wrong

This has been what made me feel Clodagh was good.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I hadn't decided on who to vote for. I probably would've gone for Katie again if you hadn't claimed.

It coukd be flavour related to a charcter. I may be wrong

That's been what I've assumed. I'll be honest, I thought it was a task originally.

This has been what made me feel Clodagh was good.

Its not enough for me.

That's been what I've assumed. I'll be honest, I thought it was a task originally.

That might be true but hard to know for sure.

Its not enough for me.

Nah, I'm not saying it's 100% at all but with very little to go on, it was something.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Morning guys,

Just awake so I’m going to need a strong dose of caffeine before I start doing anything productive.

[IMG][/img]https://media0.giphy.com/media/bEs40jYsdQjmM/giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29qfmuhnqhrjsizdyxy7nxq25hc9zpwdy00jzu4igz&rid=giphy.gif
    Haha I couldn’t even do a gif properly

[IMG][/img]https://media0.giphy.com/media/bEs40jYsdQjmM/giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29qfmuhnqhrjsizdyxy7nxq25hc9zpwdy00jzu4igz&rid=giphy.gif

Off to get my hit, be back in a bit
    Hi guys,

Fell back asleep and only got up an hour ago :o

Just read the whole thread, posts from Frank, Barbara and Clodagh stood out to me while doing so. I’m just grabbing the laptop so I can look back and see if what I’m thinking makes sense and I’ll post again

I think Henry is just the Day1 lunatic who plays to the beat of his own drum. Very rarely turns out to be a wolf but almost certainly gets lynched in the first couple of days because people can’t make sense of the game play but there’s always one
    Okay so I misread one of Barbaras posts and on looking back she's not included in this.

I always find posts like this bizarre, like you're trying to prove something by being super villagery and hating wolves

This also stood out as a bold claim to make, everyone reads the OP so it just feels like an easy way to throw shade at others

Now Frank doing the poem after Henry while I don't personally think could be a task as Abigail said what are the chances of a wolf having that exact task and having someone set it up for them like that

But Clodagh jumping straight in with putting him top of her wolf list stands out

Clodaghs explanation makes no sense, what are the chances of Frank having a task and another player doing the exact same thing?

Agree with Abigails logic here

I just can't wrap my head around this line of thinking, surely if anyone has a task they're going to be the first person that does said thing on thread. Henry is just being completely left to the side even though he's twice posted task like things on thread.

I'm wondering is this being done on purpose. My theory and granted there is little to go on is that Clodagh and Frank are potentially wolf team mates doing a little bussing. Clodagh votes for Frank on a theory that makes no sense and that nobody else agrees with so he isn't in any real danger. It's a good way to distance yourself and then drop it later on. Henry has a lot of suspicion on him today and with all the random posting and no voting he's a strong potential candidate for lynching and being a wolf you would know who's village and who's not so leaving him to the side and not voting for him knowing he'll flip good will be a good look for Clodagh.

Thoughts anyone?
    I reckon he is yeah, from my previous post there's always a lunatic in the first couple of days and they're nearly always a villager and everyone thinks when they're dead "why on earth did he act that way?"

Where does you voting for someone who you think is town coming into it? I'm saying if you vote for your wolf buddy Frank because of reasoning that makes no sense knowing nobody else will do the same and everyone else voted for Henry and he flipped good then that would look good on you and something you could then use against the people who did vote for him
    Vote gone in for Clodagh for the reasoning in my last two posts
    Seriously? :pac: I couldn't have been any clearer, you're the one who's not talking any sense with regard to the whole thing :rolleyes:
    Clodagh I had considered voting for Frank in the beginning but he hasn't been here to defend himself and wolf lean or not I don't play shady like that but would you look here now I have my own wagon going.

Anyone care to jump on the Clodagh train? Choo choo
    Clodagh did you purposefully misformat your vote on Holly and if so why? and why in the last minute?
    Morning guys,

Not too sore about Tess going with her potentially turning into a wolf to be honest, losing the jack of all trades however is a bit of a blow with all them actions.

I don’t think Tess was converted as was said her death note said she wasn’t on any side so I’d say Danny had a set amount of times he could look for her and if not she’d turn into a wolf. I played a role like that before. Having all the wolves in an anon BR would be too messy and go against game mechanics if the wolves don’t know who each other are.

Both players weren’t even on my radar yesterday, I recall Fiona posting a bit but did Riona post much?
    Clodagh I never got the chance to ask last night but why did you try to goad me into changing votes in the last 20 minutes last night to Frank and then you changed your vote off him in the last minute?

Were you afraid I or someone else might actually jump onto him there in the end so you wanted to get out first?

I’m in work today but I’ll get on when I can and will be freed up in the evening time so can respond to anything then
    Only getting on now, mental day. I’ve no idea what’s going on on thread so I’ll try do a quick read back before throwing a vote in but i doubt it will be anything special
    Wow
    I visited Riona because I was looking for someone, I can’t say anything more than that. Believe me or don’t believe me, I’m playing a crap game anyway so I’m better off dead I haven’t a clue what’s going on to be honest
    I visited her because I thought her flying under the radar meant she was trying to stay out of sight which links into my reasoning for trying to find her
    I’m trying to think of how I can word this delicately while staying within the rules of the game
    I wasn’t looking for Tess if that’s what you’re insinuating
    Gabe do you want to really know why I said wow?
    Gabey baby I was so offended when I read that you’d thrown me under the bus like that. I thought we were in this together, I know I’ve been a crap teammate but doing the ultimate bus to prove your “good” just because I haven’t been around. That stinks :(
    Also just so everyone knows I genuinely had real stuff going on and couldn’t post about it so my lack of posting and allignment are not related, I do like to be more active but RL gets in the way sometimes. But my apologies for being a bad player <3

I’m off to do some bad things in gang heaven.

GO WOLVES :D Except you Gabe you go to hell you traitorous son b!tch! I hope you get what you deserve ;)
    Oh I wonder who would have known how today was going to play out? :rolleyes:
    Of course you would. I swear if Gabriel doesn’t get killed or peaked or something he is going to laugh his way to endgame wolves winning

I know it just looks like I’m having lols but he seriously went rogue and threw me under the bus because I wasn’t around
    Thanks Mary my gif game has be terrible, I’m normally all over it but heads been mushy this game :o
    Yeah have you ever heard look what you made me do by Taylor swift??
    Sorry Rikey...

url]

END SCENE

all orla's posts. i will read them now

Village Leans:
    Vernon WW
    Abigail WW
    Barbara WW
    Clodagh WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Steve WW
    Mary WW

Possibly dodgy:
    Katie WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW

My top suspects:
    Phil WW
    Wendy WW
    Henry WW

Gabriel WW 164
    Mary WW 142
    Steve WW 125
    Clodagh WW 112
    Barbara WW 106
    Abigail WW 95
    Vernon WW 93
    Henry WW 68
    Frank WW 40
    Oisin WW 40
    Katie WW 38
    Nigel WW 30
    Wendy WW 23
    Phil WW 19

Ok...so looking at my top suspects and my possibly dodgy list, I am very wary that they are all in the bottom half of the post counts. I can't believe the wolf team would all be so quiet (I know, Henry wasn't to begin with but he's a frozen wolf now) so I'm having to look at the top half. Gabriel, Mary, Steve, Clodagh, Barbara and Abigail.

Out of those, Mary would be my top suspect for a couple of reasons. If I was to guess, I'd say if Mary is a wolf, she's the manager. This is based on the power she has. Holly we know was good and had the power to manipulate lynch votes. I'd not be surprised to see an evil counter-power. Mary's vote counting for 3 votes on N1 made me think of stacking the deck, house always wins etc.

I also REALLY didn't like how Mary was declaring herself Clodagh and Steve as clear - based on Henry's word which she seemed to flip/flop over believing - and using green text to do it. I've seen wolves use this tactic before to subtly insinuate they are good and it works.

Now this is based on a numbers thing and I wouldn't be willing to put my vote there just yet but I'll be having a close look back today.

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW 164
    Mary WW 142
    Steve WW 125
    Clodagh WW 112
    Barbara WW 106
    Abigail WW 95
    Vernon WW 93
    Henry WW 68
    Frank WW 40
    Oisin WW 40
    Katie WW 38
    Nigel WW 30
    Wendy WW 23
    Phil WW 19

Ok...so looking at my top suspects and my possibly dodgy list, I am very wary that they are all in the bottom half of the post counts. I can't believe the wolf team would all be so quiet (I know, Henry wasn't to begin with but he's a frozen wolf now) so I'm having to look at the top half. Gabriel, Mary, Steve, Clodagh, Barbara and Abigail.

Out of those, Mary would be my top suspect for a couple of reasons. If I was to guess, I'd say if Mary is a wolf, she's the manager. This is based on the power she has. Holly we know was good and had the power to manipulate lynch votes. I'd not be surprised to see an evil counter-power. Mary's vote counting for 3 votes on N1 made me think of stacking the deck, house always wins etc.

I also REALLY didn't like how Mary was declaring herself Clodagh and Steve as clear - based on Henry's word which she seemed to flip/flop over believing - and using green text to do it. I've seen wolves use this tactic before to subtly insinuate they are good and it works.

Now this is based on a numbers thing and I wouldn't be willing to put my vote there just yet but I'll be having a close look back today.

Any thoughts on Katie, Nigel or Phil?

Gabriel WW 164
    Mary WW 142
    Steve WW 125
    Clodagh WW 112
    Barbara WW 106
    Abigail WW 95
    Vernon WW 93
    Henry WW 68
    Frank WW 40
    Oisin WW 40
    Katie WW 38
    Nigel WW 30
    Wendy WW 23
    Phil WW 19

i took henry at face value. you'll see i slowly moved away from that as henry's comments on it become more inconsistent to the point now that i've completely disregarded the idea.

as for the power, you can make that call if you like. i do see the logic in the balance aspect between me and holly in fairness.

Any thoughts on Katie, Nigel or Phil?

Phil has been on my radar all along. Katie and Nigel I need to look at more. I had a good lean on Katie but then she seemed to stop posting. Nigel is one that I saw getting a lot of heat but I have had no strong opinions on. I'm going to be looking closer at pretty much everyone today (while obviously also working hard)

Phil has been on my radar all along. Katie and Nigel I need to look at more. I had a good lean on Katie but then she seemed to stop posting. Nigel is one that I saw getting a lot of heat but I have had no strong opinions on. I'm going to be looking closer at pretty much everyone today (while obviously also working hard)

Why was Phil on your radar specificly?

Why the good lean on Katie?

whats interesting in the 1st few orla posts, she is hinting at henry being a rogue villager rather than a wolf. its then stops. maybe told to cut it out in the backroom?

Mary WW wrote: »
    whats interesting in the 1st few orla posts, she is hinting at henry being a rogue villager rather than a wolf. its then stops. maybe told to cut it out in the backroom?

I wouldnt read to much into it.

Henrys play , without knowing the full story of the alpha, appeared unwolf like.

However the glove fits now that he is bad.

Hes still not forthcoming with any reason for his behaviour.

Hes a lock for lynch IMO

Why was Phil on your radar specificly?

Why the good lean on Katie?

Phil felt too noncommittal. Cruising by, asking a couple of questions but gently. Asked me why I said he was too agreeable but didn't really respond to my explanation - it just feels like soft engagement, let's not ruffle any feathers.

Katie had the feel of eager villager. Picked up on a few things initially, like the poetry and had good reasonings.

Besides Henry, Wendy needs to start talking more. She made a claim and didnt follow through that we can see.

Frank was protected by Steve, so why didnt her kill work.

I wouldnt read to much into it.

Henrys play , without knowing the full story of the alpha, appeared unwolf like.

However the glove fits now that he is bad.

Hes still not forthcoming with any reason for his behaviour.

Hes a lock for lynch IMO

My fear is with a lock for lynch, people stop wolf hunting for the day.

• Advertisement

Phil felt too noncommittal. Cruising by, asking a couple of questions but gently. Asked me why I said he was too agreeable but didn't really respond to my explanation - it just feels like soft engagement, let's not ruffle any feathers.

Katie had the feel of eager villager. Picked up on a few things initially, like the poetry and had good reasonings.

Neither behaviours are exclusivly wolf or villager TBH.

Advertisement