Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Day 2: Automated Votals from #41 to #60

Nigel WW (5):Gabriel WW, Mary WW, Henry WW, Abigail WW, Barbara WW
    Mary WW (2):Oisin WW, Katie WW
    Henry WW (3):Steve WW, Wendy WW, Vernon WW
    Orla WW (1): Frank WW
    Gabriel WW (1): Clodagh WW
    Abigail WW (1): Nigel WW
    Not voting (2): , Orla WW, Phil WW

So this is how the voting looked before Gabs made his reveal (#1249)

not sure how much we can take from this. will need to check the time of the reveal.
    hopefully we can narrow down the pool based on all vote patters. well that what i'll try to do

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Mary WW wrote: »

not sure how much we can take from this. will need to check the time of the reveal.
    hopefully we can narrow down the pool based on all vote patters. well that what i'll try to do

So, you think the wolves sacrificed orla to save nigel?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    So, you think the wolves sacrificed orla to save nigel?

prob not.

if nigel was bad, orla and katie would have moved to henry tying it as 5 a piece. i would have swung that to nigel then with 2 votes.

if mary, gabriel or abigail was bad, the wolves would have been happy

i'm not sure. deeper analysis tomorrow

later folks

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

how are you semi cleared again?

Evening all. Just out of work.

First thoughts......F u Katie. And WTF Henry. Utter madman from the get go

Mary you questioning others on how they are semi cleared is the wolfie est of Wolfy things I’ve seen in this game.

You were the one clearing people as it suited based off the musings of Henry.

You are a wolf.

Catch a wolf, kill a wolf guys.

Mary is Hairy

• Advertisement

Anyone claiming that others are “cleared” based off hearsay needs to be hung by the ankles.

Mary loves doing it and she should reap the benefits.

Just to be clear:

Gab, Clodagh and Wendy: Strong village lean

Steve and Frank: village lean but no more than that

Nige, Phil, Abi, Vern. Middle of the road. Definitely have time to look into all of you tomorrow . There is absolutely a wolf or two in there

Mary: goddamn wolf

Anyone casting doubt on a good night for the village needs to be watched.

Got a wolf in Katie.

And got a potentially damaging villager in Henry.

Think back over the last 36 hours. We are doing very well here

Yeah let’s spend more time narrowing pool Hairy.

Your analysis would be fabulous if you weren’t such a filthy wolf

Right so, gonna go thru orlas posts.
    I'm using maries post #1280, so if anybody sees anything wrong with that post, let me know.

Originally Posted by Orla WW View Post
    Hi guys,

Fell back asleep and only got up an hour ago

Just read the whole thread, posts from Frank, Barbara and Clodagh stood out to me while doing so. I’m just grabbing the laptop so I can look back and see if what I’m thinking makes sense and I’ll post again

I think Henry is just the Day1 lunatic who plays to the beat of his own drum. Very rarely turns out to be a wolf but almost certainly gets lynched in the first couple of days because people can’t make sense of the game play but there’s always one
    Frank, Barbara and Clodagh
    rule of 3

Okay so I misread one of Barbaras posts and on looking back she's not included in this.

I always find posts like this bizarre, like you're trying to prove something by being super villagery and hating wolves

This also stood out as a bold claim to make, everyone reads the OP so it just feels like an easy way to throw shade at others

Now Frank doing the poem after Henry while I don't personally think could be a task as Abigail said what are the chances of a wolf having that exact task and having someone set it up for them like that

But Clodagh jumping straight in with putting him top of her wolf list stands out

Clodaghs explanation makes no sense, what are the chances of Frank having a task and another player doing the exact same thing?

Agree with Abigails logic here

I just can't wrap my head around this line of thinking, surely if anyone has a task they're going to be the first person that does said thing on thread. Henry is just being completely left to the side even though he's twice posted task like things on thread.

I'm wondering is this being done on purpose. My theory and granted there is little to go on is that Clodagh and Frank are potentially wolf team mates doing a little bussing. Clodagh votes for Frank on a theory that makes no sense and that nobody else agrees with so he isn't in any real danger. It's a good way to distance yourself and then drop it later on. Henry has a lot of suspicion on him today and with all the random posting and no voting he's a strong potential candidate for lynching and being a wolf you would know who's village and who's not so leaving him to the side and not voting for him knowing he'll flip good will be a good look for Clodagh.

Thoughts anyone?
    Okay, so from the 3, lets make it Frank, Barbara and Clodagh minus barbara. okay...
    so, some critics on frank, but more against me, someone else should be doing this.....
    continued review of frank to attack me.
    so, eh, spew me...

I reckon he is yeah, from my previous post there's always a lunatic in the first couple of days and they're nearly always a villager and everyone thinks when they're dead "why on earth did he act that way?"

Where does you voting for someone who you think is town coming into it? I'm saying if you vote for your wolf buddy Frank because of reasoning that makes no sense knowing nobody else will do the same and everyone else voted for Henry and he flipped good then that would look good on you and something you could then use against the people who did vote for him
    puts me as franks wolf buddy.

Vote gone in for Clodagh for the reasoning in my last two posts
    now voting me.

Seriously? I couldn't have been any clearer, you're the one who's not talking any sense with regard to the whole thing
    more **** at me.
    Clodagh I had considered voting for Frank in the beginning but he hasn't been here to defend himself and wolf lean or not I don't play shady like that but would you look here now I have my own wagon going.

Anyone care to jump on the Clodagh train? Choo choo

When I asked about orla voting frank, one of her suspicions (with barb) at the start, she gives excuses.
    If you think this is wolf theathre, then me and orla should win the game. i'm spewed villager by this point.
    Clodagh did you purposefully misformat your vote on Holly and if so why? and why in the last minute?
    spew some more.. spurt....
    Morning guys,

Not too sore about Tess going with her potentially turning into a wolf to be honest, losing the jack of all trades however is a bit of a blow with all them actions.

I don’t think Tess was converted as was said her death note said she wasn’t on any side so I’d say Danny had a set amount of times he could look for her and if not she’d turn into a wolf. I played a role like that before. Having all the wolves in an anon BR would be too messy and go against game mechanics if the wolves don’t know who each other are.

Both players weren’t even on my radar yesterday, I recall Fiona posting a bit but did Riona post much?
    nothing.
    Clodagh I never got the chance to ask last night but why did you try to goad me into changing votes in the last 20 minutes last night to Frank and then you changed your vote off him in the last minute?

Were you afraid I or someone else might actually jump onto him there in the end so you wanted to get out first?

I’m in work today but I’ll get on when I can and will be freed up in the evening time so can respond to anything then
    more me.
    Only getting on now, mental day. I’ve no idea what’s going on on thread so I’ll try do a quick read back before throwing a vote in but i doubt it will be anything special
    nothing.
    Wow
    Gabs has revealed here. so beware the anti-spew machine....

It looks like its only me spewed clean, as she latched onto me early, can't really tell much about frank or babs from that.

• Advertisement

hopefully katies will be more productive.

Clodagh me old flower.

How do you see Phil and Gabs at the minute?

Katie WW wrote: »
    Thanks for the introduction Rikand. :P
    Been reading over the thread looking for tasks.
    Why not 'lay' of the land?
    Poetry by Henry, which was very tasky, but perhaps a bit too blatant to be wolfy.
    Frank and then Nigel followed, but I think they were just playing along. Other than that, I notice Clodagh is aggressive and Fiona was quick to jump on Holly on the basis of very little. But rattling trees is a good tactic.
    I can't recall a great deal about the movie, although I saw it years ago.

Quotes riona, and questions lie/lay. we know riona is vilage.
    mentions frank, nigel, clodagh, fiona, holly. names soup.
    it was Henry who was first with the poetry, then Frank, then Nigel. i don't agree with Clodagh's logic either, although I don't get a wolf vibe from Clodagh. it's his usual tactic in werewolf games to rattle trees (if it is who i think it is). i think Frank and Nigel were just copying Henry. Henry's latest coded post is even more bizarre so I'll be voting Henry as of now, unless something changes and/or he explains himself.

i'm getting a wolf vibe from Fiona. posts fluff, jumps on Holly, votes Holly on the basis of nothing.

#FFA1
    Henry
    Fiona

for reasons above.

In reply to barb, mentions poetry corner frank and nigel, then disagrres with clodagh logic, and call her a him. Mentions henry too. same names as first time, frank nigel clodagh henry fiona holly.
    seems obvious that Henry is tasking. a bit too obvious and goodies task as well. but he's not leaving much option other than a vote in the lynch thread at this stage. early days yet however.

stating waht everybody is saying already.
    Wendy is the only player yet to post i believe.

note wendys absense.
    why the air of mystery? are you Tess, Denny or bruiser? I suppose you won't talk.:P

engages with henry
    lots just posting fluff at the moment. it looks like it's going to be a quiet thread. Wendy still is yet to post.

i don't know what Mary's beef is, the Iso on Fiona was fair-she's voted Holly on no solid grounds. a bit suspect.

i'm swinging between Henry and Fiona for a vote.

Henry is too wolfy to be a wolf or wolf working in plain sight and being vague. I might vote Fiona.

Idk mary . her iso was fair, she voted holly, bit suspect.
    but... swing between henry and fiona for vote......
    might vote fi
    steve's genie act from earlier was a bit suss too. i'd probably put him third on the list at the moment.

first mention of steve.
    Barbara is the only one doing anything.

Henry is going to be Mr. obscure mystery man for this werewolf, there's always one

Mentions babs, henry is safe to mention at this point.

Riona WW 4
    Phil WW 2
    Orla WW 2
    Vernon WW 1
    Gabriel WW 1
    Wendy WW 0

there might be a wolf down there somewhere. lowest posters always a bit suss imo.

hightligts low posters.....
    Orla is in there.

gonna skip henry only mentions form here.
    Vernon the genie has appeared.

first mention of vernon.
    Literally a minute later Vernon appears...

That's two genies we've had-Steve and Vernon.

more vernon, possible spew on vernon....... will wait for more.
    apologies, i missed that.

So just Steve the genie.

or maybe not.
    I Wonder...does everyone have a task of some sort? Tasks doesn't automatically mean wolf. I've shied away from Henry but Fiona is still in my bad pile. No more twisting and turning-gonna stick a vote on her for reasons stated earlier. sorry Fiona, but nothing much else to go on at this stage.

more fiona , she dead, so gonna skip in future too, no need to analyse the dead.
    Hi Wendy,

Fortune favours the brave.

What are your reads?

wendy hi
    Hard to do FFAs when no one is posting much of substance and personally I'm a bit rusty with no werewolf in ages. i agree with you thats its easy for wolves to hide now though.

Henry was on 2 votes and changed his self vote to Holly.

Holly was on 2 votes then Fiona changed to Babs.

Only thing we can read so far from votes i'd imagine.

facts.
    Thanks. I voted Fiona, not Frank.

Mary interaction.
    Thanks for that welcome. Wendy has a bullet? I need to read back now, I'm too far behind.

fact

Right, here are my thoughts. Last night's lynch was the Pits-the usual Crapshoot, as predicted by a few.

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #32

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Nigel WW (2): Frank WW, Abigail WW
    Mary WW (2): Nigel WW, Holly WW
    Clodagh WW (2): Orla WW, Barbara WW
    Steve WW (2): Oisin WW, Gabriel WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW

First things first: I voted Fiona because she was posting fluff and I didn't like her jumping on Holly on the basis of very little. I said as much yesterday.

Initially, I suspected Steve, Nigel and Clodagh of being on a team based on last minute votes. But Steve's last min vote was actually a re-vote, because he misformatted his earlier one. Nigel didn't self-pres at all and ended up on two. Clodagh's was a self preservation vote, because he was on two.

Seems a fair explanation; but Nigel and Clodagh might be on a team, could be village or wolf.

Holly could move someone's vote. So if Holly wanted to move someone's vote, where would she move it to? I would say to the person she voted for: in this case, it was Mary, who would have been lynched. So the question I have is what happened that Holly couldn't move a vote to Mary? She already knew she was dead at 9.03pm:

But I don't really know why.

Riona and Wendy didn't vote at all.  Wendy says she has a gun, but no one has been shot; a bit weird in itself. Riona only made five or so posts and now she is dead. Only one person voted for Riona yesterday: Mary, who later said it was because she wanted her to come out and play, flimsy, but not wolfy in itself. I wonder if the wolves peeked Riona?

Mary made a late switch to Holly, after she earlier had said Holly was the only one who she 'had as good'. When called out on it, she made a song and dance about Holly's nice list on day one, as though it was something unusual.

Henry then comes out with contradictory statements and he and Mary get chummy. He even said he and Holly were in 'cahoots' when Holly had actually voted for him. He says he knows who the wolf is, that he can clear a bunch of villagers  and Mary tries to hammer home the point as though that's all solved then and she's in the clear with this over eager post.

This is a statement that is backed up by nothing, Mary doesn't even respond to it. Is he saying in plain sight that he and Mary are the wolves? Too blatant surely, but then again, I don't want to be played here.

Today Henry contradicts himself and says all he knows is Mary is good. I've pretty much given up trying to make sense of Henry; I can't believe his contradictory claims. I didn't trust him yesterday and I still can't trust him. But he could be wolf or village. He obviously needs people to vote for him for some reason so for now he might not be a safe vote. I think Mary and he might be a wolf team; but I'm more inclined to think Mary is taking advantage of the chaos of Henry to make herself look good.

Her first posts off the bat today seem to want everyone to ignore her because she's 'cleared' by Henry.

Her reasoning for voting for Steve earlier today is as flimsy as her vote for Riona.

She's basically been clearing herself and the others from the night before. How could she forget? She asks Henry to come along and clarify and he comes along promptly to do so.

She tries to hammer it home again.

This is a theory that Mary has concocted mostly herself.

Then she comes out with this contradictory, distraction tactic.

This is after she voted for Steve because of some late posting.

Here she leaps to the defense of Henry.

Below is Abigail, Gabriel and Clodagh wondering why Frank wasn't included in her list of wolves. I don't see much indication she's in cahoots with Frank, other than Frank saying something along the lines that we should lynch/kill Clodagh and Steve and leave Mary because Henry 'cleared' her. Only Henry, Mary and Frank seem to have suggested that Henry has really cleared, or is capable of clearing, anyone. We won't really know until Henry is dead?

Recently we have this..

Hardly a surprise when it's all contradictory statements, chumminess with Henry and votes based on nothing. And what happened to the two wolves that Henry and Mary had solved last night?

Some other minor thoughts:

Clodagh: Aggressive, in a good way, mostly. I didn't understand his obsession with Barbara's 'piles' yesterday. :pac: I don't really know why he's going after Frank so strongly unless I've missed something? I'm still wondering if he's in a team with Nigel; good or bad.

Nigel: He voted on 'gut' yesterday. I don't like 'gut' votes generally; although on day one it's common. The lack of self-pres maybe works in his favour but I'm not entirely convinced.

Barbara: Holly and Barbara were the two I saw as village yesterday, although admittedly I didn't say so. I didn't like Barbara's hatchet job ISO on me naturally, saying I should be shot the minute I got in the thread today :pac:, so I'm not as fond of Babs as I once was.:p

Oisin: I didn't agree with him yesterday jumping on Steve for calling out the dodgy poetry and I don't really agree with his FFA other than Mary/Henry. Other than that, not much to go on.

Steve: Like his posts from late last night onward. Leaning good for the moment.

Frank: Overly fond of Mary for my liking maybe, but not much to go on.

Abigail: Nothing wolfy at all that I can see. Might be a wolf playing a good game!

Vernon: Nothing wolfy at all. Same as above.

Gabriel: There was just one thing really: why vote Oisin as a 'placeholder' in the lynch thread? As I understand it, isn't that backroom idiom? Could it be a mistake? I didn't like it.

Henry: I think he might be on a team with Mary, or he could be a wolf waiting to be activated in some way; which is something I proposed yesterday. The other possibility is he's just a mad NRV who is going to leave everyone scratching their heads after he's dead. I haven't enjoyed Henry's play but he's obviously under instructions of some sort and it might not be his fault.

Orla, Phil and Wendy: Not much posting from these three at all. I said earlier that there could be a low-lying wolf in the low posters and I might come back to it if they don't put a shift in, although if Wendy kills a wolf, we can probably put her down as village obviously. But where has Wendy's bullet gone?

Right folks, no one can accuse me of not doing any work.

Going to vote Mary based on reasoning above.

Holy god.........
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114421480&postcount=943
    Read this one over yourselves....

First things first: dead
    Initially, I suspected Steve, Nigel and Clodagh
    but Nigel and Clodagh might be on a team,
    Holly dead
    Holly could move someone's vote. So if Holly wanted to move someone's vote, where would she move it to? I would say to the person she voted for: in this case, it was Mary, who would have been lynched. So the question I have is what happened that Holly couldn't move a vote to Mary? She already knew she was dead at 9.03pm:
    not sure i get this line of thinking, i'm confused by it.

Mary made a late switch to Holly, after she earlier had said Holly was the only one who she 'had as good'? is this true?
    could be spewing mary here... need to look into it.
    Her first posts off the bat today seem to want everyone to ignore her because she's 'cleared' by Henry.
    i think mary is getting spewed here......
    and got to the end... don't think mary and katie are on same team.
    imho, mary is spewed..... spurt....
    Who were you looking for?
    katie/orla interaction.
    You could surely say who you were looking for without revealing who you are.
    katie/orla interaction.
    I don't think we can really see much from the bandwagon. Pre-Orla votes might be more helpful. I really hope this isn't a ploy by Gabriel to save a wolf and we've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

post gab reveal
    Lolcats are out I guess, so no ploy.
    more post gab reveal, orla caught.
    Agree with this after the latest happenings, although might have Frank ahead of Clodagh, not sure; have to look back on voting in detail.

frank is more villa than me :(
    Why would he bus when Orla was on one vote and perfectly safe?
    why would gabs bus?
    I have you as village lean after briefly skimming the votes, highlighted by others. I'm just not sure I'd put you ahead of Frank at the mo who was on Orla for a while.
    still frank ahead of me :(
    Wendy doesn't  have a thought process. She didn't mention me at all.

@Abigail
    I had an FFA both nights. Fiona, Henry, Steve night one. Mary and Henry night two.

Re: Why you suspected Phil and I.

Almost everyone was on a single vote wagon D1.

That's not true. I voted Mary around 7.30 and wrote a virtual essay on her beforehand. Switched to Orla after Gabriel's reveal like most.

Wary of anti spew from here on, but i'll continue for another bit.

actually, .. no i wont. i think they were at anti spew from here.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Clodagh me old flower.

How do you see Phil and Gabs at the minute?

Katie was blocked, because the even vig didn't get a shot off.
    Phil claimed that block, and explained that his block came from me, and all that works out fine. So, I believe Phil.

Gabs tracked orla. Is gabs bussing? is that what you mean? well, if thats the case, then gabs would have to be pulling a bj on the wolf team.
    have a look around "katie/orla interaction" in my katie iso #1904.

Like, its possible, but not gonna go there just yet, the wolves dont want a tracker on the lose and will kill that quick smart unless they want to all be caught.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Ok, have I got this right: Wendy shot clodagh blocked?

Clodagh, why did you wait till so late to reveal and when did you put the block order in? I think Wendy has 2 or 3 shot candidates since yesterday so at which point did you block?

Nigel, Were have you revealed what you have done with your powers?
    Why should I reveal what I did with my powers and you not reveal what you did with yours?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Horrible reading of the game Clodagh.

Everyone has a role.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    @Gabriel - you’ve said you followed Henry last nite. Can you tell us why?

I was bluffing..... he didnt bite.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    That vote was after the cutoff

Oh please Mary. I was on Katie and Henry all day. I was choosing either one. I had a dilemma after Katie revealed.

Also very rich from Mary..... who switched to Henry also.

Shes spent the whole post munch trying to create doubt on certain good players.

Why?

In my awesome opinion at least 1 wolf is in Clo, Vern and Mary.

Marys my bet, but could easily be the other 2.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

So I shot Henry. That's why he died at lynch time.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

It's where I came up with the Wendy as body/vig theory. I thought she was protecting him. I didn't know that there was blocking going on left right and centre!

Vernon WW wrote: »

Ok. Another Vig claim.

Whats your role

Also why us Henry posting

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Horrible reading of the game Clodagh.

Everyone has a role.

Seriously?

You were a poor villager but posting as a dead person is just plain disrespect to the guy running the game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Henry didnt realise he was dead. he wont be posting anymore

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Rikand wrote: »
    The group were in high spirits when none of them died the night previous and they felt like they were on a roll. nothing could stop them now. They were preparing to begin the heist but knew they needed to eliminate some more of their enemies first. The wagons circled around two of their member. One begged and pleaded and the other just sat by himself, dazed and confused in his own little world of magic and trees and fairy lands where nothing makes sense. The team felt that one had crossed the line and the other just wasnt worth having around anyway

For the record :: Katie WW was modkilled and Henry WW was lynched as they would have been leading wagon when the day was up.

And I'm not extending the day period as I'm wrecked and I'm going to bed.

if anyone has any questions about what constitutes character claiming or role claiming before making a claim, ask me. Everyone has a backroom to ask me and you can always PM my boards account but on this occasion by my interpretation of the rules Katie flew too close to the sun. It was a genuine mistake on her part and shes very apologetic but after a lot of deliberating with myself, I just couldnt let it ride.

IT IS NIGHT. NIGHT ACTIONS ARE DUE BY 8AM.

Henry died at lynch time cause he was lynched Vern

If he was lynched then you could have the chance to still use your shot? Presume
    It’s a night time action like everything else

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Henry died at lynch time cause he was lynched Vern

But Vern is claiming he shot first, allowing him to be lynched as Henry would survive the first attempt on his life.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    If he was lynched then you could have the chance to still use your shot? Presume
    It’s a night time action like everything else

He may be a day vig rather than a night vig tho

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    But Vern is claiming he shot first, allowing him to be lynched as Henry would survive the first attempt on his life.

That makes sense. I kinda wondered why he died when he wasn’t down to the final seven

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »

Nearly every action so far has been a night action. Henry barely posted yesterday so his gibberish task probably wasn't met

Advertisement