Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    how can you possibly have 4 people on a good list?

everyone at the start of this game is clueless unless you are a member of a wolf team.

It's generally how I play too. I decide those I have a good feeling about and those I don't...I give more weight to the ones I think are team village but things can change. At the moment, more people are good than bad, so having 4 isn't unreasonable.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

how can you possibly have 4 people on a good list?

everyone at the start of this game is clueless unless you are a member of a wolf team.

The above lists are always subject to change. You could move up there too at some point if you’re good ;)

Katie WW wrote: »
    Vernon the genie has appeared.

How am I a genie? I've not really had access today.I posted as soon as I could.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    naughty list
    Vernon - makes his first post last night. Riona posts within 3 mins of it and he doesn’t post again. He could have engaged with the poster he knew was on thread. So why didn’t he?
    Literally a minute later Vernon appears...
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    You'll have to vote as it's a basic requirement, even if it is a vote for no lynch.

That's two genies we've had-Steve and Vernon.

Uh oh...unfortunately for your theory, I'd already posted before that

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Yeah is that ok with you? I thought she was slightly dodgy, did an ISO and then thought maybe shes ok. Then her response to my ISO was a bit weird and her response to the ISO on Fiona (wolf lean) was also off kilter.

I also think your a bit suspect along with Steve who I outlined earlier. Ive done a few people who I think are suspect, I will give you an FFA, I aint doing a full good, bad and ugly pile as its not warranted. I will give you a top 3 later though, thats no problem.

So, you don't have this sorted list that you are saying you have.
    Can you please just be honest and not make up porkies about what you are doing, as when you lie you make it harder for me to village read you.

Uh oh...unfortunately for your theory, I'd already posted before that

apologies, i missed that.

So just Steve the genie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    So, you don't have this sorted list that you are saying you have.
    Can you please just be honest and not make up porkies about what you are doing, as when you lie you make it harder for me to village read you.

What are you talking about? Are you advocating I put a list up of players I think are good along with the bad ones? Its none of your business who I think is good, I will put forward players I think are bad and work from there as should the rest of the village.

He posted before me. I would have loved if he hadn’t but alas, I liked his response to me too.

I think I’d be happy with a Fiona & Mary race.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Sorry Clodagh, I’m always suss of people who ISO on D1 when there’s is nothing to go on. IMO ISOs only really come into their own when we have a confirmed wolf.
    Having said that I wouldn’t advocate lynching someone cause they did ISOs on D1, I personally just don’t see the point.

D1 is always a bit of a turkey shoot, the wolves have a massive advantage cause we have no info and they have lots of places to hide

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Can you confirm for me that you have read and understood rule 3 of this game.

I can confirm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

sup.

you have any thoughts so far?

Mainly suspicious of those pushing the Steve genie idea but nothing concrete. You?

What are you talking about? Are you advocating I put a list up of players I think are good along with the bad ones? Its none of your business who I think is good, I will put forward players I think are bad and work from there as should the rest of the village.

you say piles, that include at least slight wolf lean and null.

I asked you to share the piles you have made.

when i asked to see the piles in full, you then clam up.

So, you don't have these piles that you are spouting on about, as you wont share it.
    This is a game of werewolf. Its a team game. Your recent actions are not of a team player.

Is there any real advantage to a 'no lynch' vote on Day 1 as Henry indicates is his intention?

Could someone explain? I don't see it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Mainly suspicious of those pushing the Steve genie idea but nothing concrete. You?

just holly for the good list.

the calling out barbara was just to see would anything develop.

i presume he means the lynch vote tonight.

there is merit to this course of action IMO. ie: there is a higher chance of hitting a good vs bad player. This needs to weighed up against the info gotten from the vote.

but to say someone who doesn't vote is a wolf is not correct IMO.
    Is there any real advantage to a 'no lynch' vote on Day 1 as Henry indicates is his intention?

see my post above.

Higher chance of mislynch sure but we have to root out the baddies anyway so we'd just be postponing the lynch and for what? seems like wolves would like a 'no lynch'.

It's advantageous to the wolves, as it means we have a 0% chance a killing wolves.

Voting anybody hugely increases our odds a killing a wolf.

you say piles, that include at least slight wolf lean and null.

I asked you to share the piles you have made.

when i asked to see the piles in full, you then clam up.

So, you don't have these piles that you are spouting on about, as you wont share it.
    This is a game of werewolf. Its a team game. Your recent actions are not of a team player.

Get a grip, I will share what I want, I didnt clam up, I refused to share with you a good pile. I will do an FFA etc like everyone else, people can post what they want, I will post my wolf leans, take whatever else you want from the rest. Its a team game for sure and I have no issue engaging as such but I am not at your beck and call to post what you choose for me to post. I had you as a wolf lean earlier and your current engagement is making me think I was on the right track.

I’m getting 503s

• Advertisement

I’m getting 503s

Just happened me too, hopefully just a small gremlin

Fifi, where are you?

I’m getting 503s

same as. hopefully back to normal now

Voting someone means a probably 4 in 18 chance of hitting a wolf. Voting no lynch is a 0 chance. No lynch can be a strategic choice but as far as I understand it, it's a valid strategy when we know what roles there are. This is a very blind game in terms of knowing powers so no lynch isn't appropriate here. Tbh I don't like it in general either.

Does Henry need us to vote for him? Is there any role that requires that mechanic?

Voting someone means a probably 4 in 18 chance of hitting a wolf. Voting no lynch is a 0 chance. No lynch can be a strategic choice but as far as I understand it, it's a valid strategy when we know what roles there are. This is a very blind game in terms of knowing powers so no lynch isn't appropriate here. Tbh I don't like it in general either.

No lynch is a really good option at certain particular times near an end game(like last 4 or 5), doing so at this point is foolish though. Is there anyone actually still advocating a no lynch?

Does Henry need us to vote for him? Is there any role that requires that mechanic?

We dont know but I think Henry is just being eccentric to be honest! His play is helping no one

Get a grip, I will share what I want, I didnt clam up, I refused to share with you a good pile. I will do an FFA etc like everyone else, people can post what they want, I will post my wolf leans, take whatever else you want from the rest. Its a team game for sure and I have no issue engaging as such but I am not at your beck and call to post what you choose for me to post. I had you as a wolf lean earlier and your current engagement is making me think I was on the right track.

a> I didn't clam up,
    b> I refused to share with you a good pile.

See, b> to me is a>

you are saying you are making list, and when the first person asks to see the lists, you clam up.

If you don't want people asking to see these piles, then don't mention them, as mentioning them is inviting other to ask about them.

Also, if you don't really have them, then just say that you were making up the thing about piles and we'll leave it at that.

Probably something weird going on re: Henry.

I might not vote for him, in case it's a wolf laying a trap.:D

• Advertisement

No lynch is a really good option at certain particular times near an end game(like last 4 or 5), doing so at this point is foolish though. Is there anyone actually still advocating a no lynch?

Don't think so. I was more responding to the question about it. Henry *may* be voting no lynch based on his abstaining comment but cant argue that that is advocating it. Overall, I pretty much agree with your assessment of his play at the moment.

Advertisement