Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXII-30,360 in ROI(1,781 deaths) 8,035 in NI (568 deaths)(10/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Pretty sure that's counted as an underlying condition here but open to correction.

Only reason I say it is I'm nearly sure it was asked at a press conditions previously regarding underlying conditions.

Fully open to correction on this though

Yes, it was mentioned as an underlying condition when they used to announce varying types of conditions, but with the caveat only “severe” levels of obesity were reported, a BMI of >40, when technically anything >30 is considered obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The swing around for testing and results is way too slow if we're supposed to be stopping the spread.
    Mentioned a person who called the doctor last Wednesday, got tested Friday and just chatting to them this morning still no results.
    That's way too long a turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Better half with cough/symptom rang doctor last Mon about 4.30 pm. Was texted test appointment around 5 pm for following day. Tested Tuesday middle of day and got all clear result mid day Wednesday.
    Its the only one I know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The swing around for testing and results is way too slow if we're supposed to be stopping the spread.
    Mentioned a person who called the doctor last Wednesday, got tested Friday and just chatting to them this morning still no results.
    That's way too long a turn around.

It seems inconsistent though, I know someone who called their doctor last Monday, tested Tuesday, told it would be up to three days but they got the all clear Wednesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Ventilation is meant to be good and opening windows. But what about a place with no windows that can open. It does have ceiling cassette air conditioning units. But I don't have a clue about engineering and what's best. Does anyone know how safe or not safe these ceiling air conditioning units are? I can't seem to find anything online.

Many new buildings, particularly office buildings have no ability for windows to be opened as it interferes with the air exchange design. There is a difference between an air conditioning unit and an AHU which typically provides full fresh air with no recycled element.
    It’s advisable that filters on these systems be changed and that their running schedule be extended during the day. Most buildings would run their AHU’s during normal office hours, whereas many now are extending that to include 2 hours before opening and 2 hours after closing.
    I would have little concern if the office provided a full fresh air system but wouldn’t be so comfortable it was a standard air conditioning system with recycled air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

MM on radio 1 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

It seems inconsistent though, I know someone who called their doctor last Monday, tested Tuesday, told it would be up to three days but they got the all clear Wednesday morning

Our kids were tested in swords last Tuesday and we got the negative results about 25 hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is definitely inconsistent my partner got tested via work, some people got results in a few days others were waiting over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

khalessi wrote: »
    MM on radio 1 atm

She's painful imo. Just don't like the style. Bringing up the trampoline stuff with this "I mean really Minister..." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

147 cases today folks
    73 in Dublin
    17 kildare
    12 offaly
    11 Wicklow
    4 Laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I noticed last night in the BBC main news that when announcing the number of daily deaths from CV19, they add the caveat that this person tested positive for CV19 within the last 28 days.

Doesn't necessarily mean they died of CV19 of course. Another thing making the figures higher than they perhaps really are?

147 cases today folks
    73 in Dublin
    17 kildare
    12 offaly
    11 Wicklow
    4 Laois

Only if you're correct of course :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

147 cases today folks
    73 in Dublin
    17 kildare
    12 offaly
    11 Wicklow
    4 Laois

Time to lockdown Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

NIMAN wrote: »
    I noticed last night in the BBC main news that when announcing the number of daily deaths from CV19, they add the caveat that this person tested positive for CV19 within the last 28 days.

Doesn't necessarily mean they died of CV19 of course. Another thing making the figures higher than they perhaps really are?

Actually lower. It takes time to get sick, and then fight for your life, very unlikely to happen within 3 weeks.

Does that mean if you die in ICU but your covid19 test was 5 weeks ago then its not a covid19 death?

Excess deaths is really the only accurate measure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

147 cases today folks
    73 in Dublin
    17 kildare
    12 offaly
    11 Wicklow
    4 Laois

It's a long way off the 10 or twenty a day we were getting earlier in the summer but the numbers seem to be steady enough this last while.

Have we had over 200 twice in the last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

speckle wrote: »
    Might your wife be able to shed some light on Cuh, as I said a friend going in for surgery had pre admittamce outpatient apointment then sent on public transport x 2 buses to another place to get covid pcr test and then back for the surgery seems crazy to me?

Cork University Hospital? She works in a hospital in Dublin so doubt she'd know any specifics about down there. I'll ask her though. But from talking about the testing before, i'm certain they are done in house at her hospital. People aren't sent off to some other place. She works in a public hospital though. Private could be different. I remember her saying something about private hospitals charging for the test and people having to travel for the test despite their being a public testing center close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

celt262 wrote: »
    It's a long way off the 10 or twenty a day we were getting earlier in the summer but the numbers seem to be steady enough this last while.

Have we had over 200 twice in the last month?

I could be wrong but wouldn't this be significantly higher than any recent Mondays?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

147 cases today folks
    73 in Dublin
    17 kildare
    12 offaly
    11 Wicklow
    4 Laois

You would hope this is the tail end of the clusters coming to light. Apparently there was an outbreak in Howth/Sutton in Dublin which led to a couple of businesses closing.

Need to start seeing the numbers stabilise, I know the CMO said they expected them to be up and down for a couple of weeks, but you'd hope that by the end of this week they would be consistently lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

schools closed in Dundee.
    17 teachers test positive.

But we have Nolan who says no evidence of transmission in schools. They been closed since March.

It is madness that schools are opening in kildare while in lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

MD1990 wrote: »

But we have Nolan who says no evidence of transmission in schools. They been closed since March.

It would suggest that the infection was passed among the teachers .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

147 cases today folks
    73 in Dublin
    17 kildare
    12 offaly
    11 Wicklow
    4 Laois

Very high yet again. Dublin is a particular worry now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

It's only teachers etc...brigade incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It would suggest that the infection was passed among the teachers .

Or that all the teachers got tested first.

Have to wait and see

Ahh here, they've kept pubs shut because of "the experience elsewhere in Europe". How do they open right now when we are in the middle of a (minor) upward trajectory when stuff like this is happening?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/24/seventeen-teachers-at-dundee-school-contract-covid-19

I'm all for letting it take it's course, but the picking and choosing of what to allow is making no sense. Every sympathy with parents wanting to get their kids off to school, but this could turn things messy for everyone no?

"In a further outbreak, two primary school classes at High Blantyre primary school in Lanarkshire have been told to stay at home after a teacher and two pupils tested positive over the weekend."

It's only teachers etc...brigade incoming.

And it's only teachers in fairness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Or that all the teachers got tested first.

Have to wait and see

True

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Very high yet again. Dublin is a particular worry now.

Why Dublin??

Its Wicklow the worry there. 10% vs 0.5% of population infected. Dublin is actually lowest as % of population of all those counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

big syke wrote: »
    Why Dublin??

Its Wicklow the worry there. 10% vs 0.5% of population infected. Dublin is actually lowest as % of population of all those counties.

Yes but there travelling to other countries. There a threat to the rest of the country and always have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

NIMAN wrote: »
    Time to lockdown Dublin!

Although going the wrong direction, this only equates to about 12 cases if you divide by the population difference of Kildare and Dublin.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not sure if this has to be peer reviewed yet and hopefully very small number of cases. https://twitter.com/KarenGrepin/status/1297841334900756480?s=19

• Advertisement

Ahh here, they've kept pubs shut because of "the experience elsewhere in Europe". How do they open right now when we are in the middle of a (minor) upward trajectory when stuff like this is happening?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/24/seventeen-teachers-at-dundee-school-contract-covid-19

I'm all for letting it take it's course, but the picking and choosing of what to allow is making no sense. Every sympathy with parents wanting to get their kids off to school, but this could turn things messy for everyone no?

"In a further outbreak, two primary school classes at High Blantyre primary school in Lanarkshire have been told to stay at home after a teacher and two pupils tested positive over the weekend."

And it's only teachers in fairness. :)

Schools will be closing down and reopening all over the country at various times. It is to be expected, and what is happening with that school in Dundee is what we will see here at some stage. They are an essential service however so we have to run schools. We don't have to open pubs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement