Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXII-30,360 in ROI(1,781 deaths) 8,035 in NI (568 deaths)(10/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Of tonight’s cases:,73 in Dublin, 17 in Kildare, 12 in Offaly, 11 in Wicklow, 9 in Limerick and the remaining 25 cases are in Carlow, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Galway, Laois, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Tipperary and Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

I was going to say "if you say it often enough it might happen". But given how often this is said on this thread and it still hasn't happened it looks like there'll need to be a plan B.

Wait until they discover that Dublin is fast becoming the only transport link to the outside world. Then we'll see who's in lockdown:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Of tonight’s cases:,73 in Dublin, 17 in Kildare, 12 in Offaly, 11 in Wicklow, 9 in Limerick and the remaining 25 cases are in Carlow, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Galway, Laois, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Tipperary and Wexford.

So spot on for the counties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

3% of cases are kids 0-14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

That GP was actually really good

Even though you may have been usurped as the stats King. You're still my hero for acting as bulwark against the nonsense and hysteria that has been repeatedly posted on here

• Advertisement

“We have seen an increase in cases in Dublin, also across the country, but particularly in Dublin.”
    - CMO

Glynn - talking lockdown of Dublin but not saying lockdown...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Here is a bit of trivia, the maximum break in snooker is actually 155. If there was a foul on the break, and a free ball was awarded where a colour and a black was potted first amounting to 8 points, followed by all the reds with a black with each red and all the colours in sequence totaling in 155 points.

What's that got to do with COVID19?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

theballz wrote: »
    I tested positive for covid but tested negative for antibodies.

My friend tested negative for covid but tested positive for antibodies.

Explain that one

Test error or your system hasn't started to fight it yet.
    Your friend - test error or had COVID recently and still has antibodies (they dont disappear the minute you recover).

If I were you I'd be regularly checking my blood oxygen level and isolating for a few days at least.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Periscope/twitter keeps on freezing for me.
    Any better source for watching the press briefings?

• Advertisement

That was a very particular message aimed at Dublin, last time he said something like that was the LOK counties

That GP was actually really good
    Yep, she needs to be rolled out to all media outlets.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Periscope/twitter keeps on freezing for me.
    Any better source for watching the press briefings?

https://www.rte.ie/news/player/live/7/

..but it is the RTE player...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

fritzelly wrote: »

Must have been watching a different press conference he wasn't making any reference to lockdown or as he said sounding any alarms.

Direct provision outbreak in Limerick aswell as the Bray one according to CMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

fritzelly wrote: »

Considering that the Kildare lockdown is like a sieve what's the point of any lockdown?

What's that got to do with COVID19?
    Max snooker score is 147 - today's total!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I can only imagine a Dublin lockdown.

- Travel to work is allowed
    - Businesses won't be closed
    - Schools will remain open

Dublin west, northwest and north central seeing highest increases

1/3 of Dublin cases are community transmission

That was a very particular message aimed at Dublin, last time he said something like that was the LOK counties

I'm not sure, he seemed quite calm and was more highlighting the need to follow the advice.

Now what did interest me was the map, the areas that appeared to have higher incidence were all the areas near Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Polar101

Must have been watching a different press conference he wasn't making any reference to lockdown or as he said sounding any alarms.

"It's not an alarm, but a note of caution".

I don't see a connection to a lockdown either.

I'm not sure, he seemed quite calm and was more highlighting the need to follow the advice.

Now what did interest me was the map, the areas that appeared to have higher incidence were all the areas near Kildare

He rarely picks out counties, to be fair, he did today

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Does anyone know where I could see the Dublin graph of cases that was shown at the briefing?

Dublin west, northwest and north central seeing highest increases

1/3 of Dublin cases are community transmission

Both bar Dublin North Central are along Kildare county boundaries by the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

What is the reason for the spike in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I can only imagine a Dublin lockdown.

- Travel to work is allowed
    - Businesses won't be closed
    - Schools will remain open
    Ha true.
    I just had same chat with my other half....he seemed a tad panicked, then realized it would change pretty much nothing, bar maybe me visiting my folks in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could see the Dublin graph of cases that was shown at the briefing?

https://twitter.com/robohanrahan/status/1297945722348867585?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

Should Dublin be put on lock down now - with it opening up in 3 weeks. Other than that, you wait another few weeks watch the numbers climb rather you have a prolonged lock down. DO it now!!! Just a thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

polesheep wrote: »
    Considering that the Kildare lockdown is like a sieve what's the point of any lockdown?

My ex-partner and kids are living in Leixlip, which granted is on the Dublin border. With the exception of pubs & restaurants being closed indoors, there is no lockdown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement